main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Welcome to PRISON! - Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Coruscant, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    *the sound of static*

*the loudspeaker clicks on with a high-pitched squeal*

*the sound of a man coughing briefly*

"Is this thing on? ... Oh, yes, obviously it is."

"Welcome to the Prison. I am the Warden. You are my prisoners. All of you are sentenced to be executed."

[image=http://witneyman.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/bob-gunton.jpg]

"That's right. I know you must all be very confused right now, so know this: you were all found guilty on moral grounds. Not legal. Moral. Some of you have done very good things... others of you... perhaps not... but your guilt is the one thing you all have in common, which means you are ALL immoral. That is a given."

[image=http://mixedemotionscards.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/guilt.jpg]

"You know, I want you to know about my beloved daughter, Mary-Ann. She's a beautiful, young, sweet girl. But most importantly, she's innocent. She's done some wrongs in her short life so far, but because she is a child, she must, of course, be forgiven. There is nothing more important, more valuable, than innocence. And Mary-Ann has that."

[image=http://evarosa.com/images/flowers%20meadow.jpg]

"The point is, one can be immoral yet still be innocent. Yet if morality is the basis for determining guilt, how can that be? Is this a contradiction?"

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/White_square_with_question_mark.png]

"So inside this Prison, which let me assure you all first you will not ever escape, you will each have one chance before your executions to prove your innocence. You are not going to prove that you are not guilty, as in the legal system. You are going to prove you are truly innocent."

[image=http://lh3.ggpht.com/_anFOuvI73Bo/RnG-7H0lkrI/AAAAAAAAACc/IzrTfLJ81c8/DSCN0098.JPG]

"But do not forget! That you are all still tentatively condemned. Any escape attempts will be punished with immediate execution, regardless of whether you've had your Trial of Innocence or not. I'm not your friend, but let me give you a friendly bit of advice... no escape attempt is worth it. It is impossible to escape the Prison."

[image=http://timecapsule.phasedrift.com/photos_generated/barbed_wire_fence-575x450.jpg]

"Take a look around. What do you notice? Probably a few things come to mind immediately. The Prison is on an island. There is no other land in sight. And there are no guards. The Prison does not need guards. It only needs me. I am omniscient. I know everything that happens on this island. And... I am invisible. You will never find me, so do not bother looking."

[image=http://library.thinkquest.org/05aug/00158/images/allseeingeye.jpg]

"I think that's all I've got to say for now... oh, wait... there's one other thing. All of you are already dead."

[image=http://kyvoice.com/winchestersun/newerworld/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/loneliness1.jpg]

"It's your souls that are here now. It's your souls that are going to be at trial. It's your souls that will very likely be executed, broken in two and cast into oblivion."

[image=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3121/3179282563_9488759bba.jpg]

"And that's all I have to say... may the lord God have mercy on you all."

Welcome! [face_happy] This is not the Warden speaking, this is the Game Host speaking. [face_tongue] And thank you for opening this thread. I must say before I continue- the current stylesheet for this forum (grays, black, white) is eerily appropriate for this game. [face_worried]

I really hope you decide to join in on the madness of the Prison. This game is inspired by a few things, among them the t.v. show LOST (although you by no means have to be familiar with it) and of course the litany of prison movies out there, from Shawshank Redemption to The Green Mile to Escape from Alcatraz, as well as courtroom dramas like Twelve Angry Men. It's even inspired by some things on this message board, like an old RPG (the trial of Darth Vader, which I myself participated in a long time ago) as well as certain elements of the old Sleepy games.

So! Let's get down to business. Joining is very si

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    *sigh* Well, since you've roped all the Goof Troop in, I might as well go ahead and be the first to officially take the plunge.

1. solojones ::: Benjamin Linus (Lost)

Although I wouldn't read that link if you haven't seen the show yet. Steph, I'm looking at you :p You'd best start watching the show on Hulu so I don't spoil you too badly ;)

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
  4. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well I officially have no idea who those characters are :p But hey, I'm always open to learning some new ones.

Oy, Cor, you are really just setting this one up to be a doosy for me, huh? Imagine how Ben is going to feel suddenly being on an island. Again :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
  7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
  8. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    See I don't know your characters, either. At least Jack and Indy I know. Although minch, I have to warn you - if Jack tries to torture anything out of Ben, it could get very interesting :p These are like... the two most badass characters in recent TV history.

-sj loves kevin spacey

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    you seriously don't know who Q is? wow. well, there's links there for a reason.;)

10. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Jack's in a more kill happy mood than torture. I hope Cor has some cannon fodder for Jack to kill with his bare hands, otherwise he'll get rusty. Also, Jack's been on trial before and he doesn't regret his actions so that'll make for an interesting trial. :p

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I have only seen one episode of the original Star Trek, 0 episodes of any other series, and a couple of the movies :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I haven't seen the last two seasons of 24. I need to catch up. But the kill happy mode... well that'll be interesting to see :p I'm sure there will be cannon fodder. I can't wait to see how all these wonderfully grey characters interact.

-sj loves kevin spacey

13. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    I kind of feel like I'm out of this social circle for some reason, haha.

But I believe that at least one of my characters is doomed from the start *glares at the choice of Balalaika*

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    you're in mine zedd. or you were once upon a time, even if we haven't talked in a while.

oh, and rach? tarrant is FAR from grey. he's a freaking fear vampire. he survives on pain, misery, torture, and the like. not precisely the lightest card in the deck by any means. so grey characters, and a black hearted monster with good intentions.:p

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Don't worry, Zedd. Yes, the rest of us who've signed up so far have played Sleepy Games together before. But personally I'm always super interested in any kind of new character interaction. Bring on as many cool players and characters as we can, I say :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Yeah, I consider you a valuable roleplaying friend Trimaj. We've had a few games together and I enjoyed them.

Now looking back on my choices, I was dead-set on Balalaika, but Naoto... nnn... I'm having second thoughts.

17. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Welcome to the game, guys! :D Glad to have you all aboard.

Let's get at least a dozen players in this, preferably more, for a beginning some time next week. If you could all talk to your friends about joining, that would be great.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    ... friends?

-sj loves kevin spacey

19. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Well, I mean, I wouldn't bother dragging in friends for the sole purpose of using them for points harvesting like you did with GSE... :p such a thing would be impossible this time around, especially since there won't be any trivia component.

At least, that's if you're thinking what I'm thinking you're thinking. :p

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yup, it's definitely great to see the old crew back!

This is going to be interesting, that's for sure.

21. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I want to know if we are allowed to play characters that we have made on these boards and played, and provide a link to the character sheet.

22. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Ah, no, sorry, I don't think I can allow that. :( I hope you still decide to join the game, though!

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    thanks zedd. you toO man.

i've gotten wind that there is some concern over Q's omniscience. as i said to cor, that doesn't mean he has perfect recall. basically he will know who you are, some very basic info about a character, where where they're from, things that they wouldn't mind someone they're just meeting knowing. maybe one or two other really random things, but there will be nothing game breaking. i repeat, this will not be used in any fashion that would be considered game breaking. the same goes for Q's other powers, they will not be used to god mod in any fashion. will they make things interesting? yes, i can guarantee it, but i will in no way control any one else's character.

hopefully that'll lay some peoples fears/concerns to rest. i wanna have fun too, and i'm more interested in the dynamic Q's personality brings to this more than what he can do.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Cool. I hope we can get some more people to sign up soon. I can't wait for the game to start now. It's been about 2 years since I've RPed at all. I forgot how much I enjoy developing these character interactions and stories.

-sj loves kevin spacey

25. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I personally won't mind. It would give Jack a chance to scream "WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR!" :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.