main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Welcome to PRISON! - Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Coruscant, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    OoC: I'll be aroundish on Sat-Sun. Only a bit on Monday.

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    ooc: Working (but available) today, around but possibly busy tomorrow, working monday.

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    OOG: Off and on all weekened, saw this early yesterday but wanted to see how other's responded first[face_mischief]

4. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: not a long weekend for me :p so i'm same as always i guess [face_tired]

5. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as The Prosecution

The Warden sat back in his reclining leather chair with his feet up on the edge of his simple wooden desk. He gazed out the bay windows of his office, taking in the view of the gray ocean, gray clouds, gray prison walls. Green trees, though. He sipped some coffee, then looked at his watch- a Rolex he'd gotten out of the inmate inventory. He supposed enough time had passed and that the prisoners were over their initial confusion.

He let his feet down, stood up, and collected himself, buttoning up one button on his suit jacket and stooping down to pick up a frayed, brown suitcase with brass lockets. He walked over to one of the large, rusty windows and opened it not without some difficulty. The cool ocean air washed over him. He took it all in, savored it. Tatooine was a hot place. And he didn't know how long this first leg of the trial would last. He inhaled a breath long, deep, and calm, then let it all out with a terse, anticlimactic grunt. Time to go.

Gray netherworld. He was used to this by now.

When the Warden appeared in the Hut, everything was what he liked to call PAUSED. This happened every single time before the Warden appeared in a trial, and since the Pauses never occupied any noticeable amount of time, he doubted any of his prisoners ever had ever detected once that he had a Pause power over their experiences. Everything that the Warden prepared in these Pauses truly happened in no time at all.

Lifting a finger to his collar to loosen it, the Warden set his briefcase down next to the aged Jedi and took out some notes. Glanced over them. He had memorized his routine perfectly. It was time to begin.

When the trial Resumed, the Warden was not the Warden that stood in the middle of the hut, at the center of the scene.

He was a young padawan-age Obi-Wan Kenobi, dressed up not in a noble Jedi warrior's robes, but the crisp black-and-white suit of a high-powered attorney.

"Hello there."

The Warden can interact with both the characters of the memory and the prisoners. Rachel, you've got the ball.

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    IC: Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi

Ben was just heading over to use his limited skills to examine the small astromech droid when he felt a shift in the Force. Another presence was suddenly there in the hut, which automatically put Ben on guard. His first thought was to wonder how a being had managed to cloak itself in the Force so completely that he wouldn't notice its approach at all. That did not seem at all auspicious.

The Jedi's old muscles had tensed involuntarily, right hand dropping to his hip without a thought. He also sent out a sort of ping in the Force, searching out the newly arrived Force signature for any kind of danger. To his great surprise, Ben was met with a strange kind of echo. As though... well, in fact there was nothing to compare it to, not in all Ben's years of experience.

All of these instinctive moves and calculations occurred within the split second it took for Ben to turn to the side and look up in the direction of the voice. When he did see who was speaking to him, the odd clothing the man wore was the least of Ben's concerns. And for some reason, his hand only clutched more tightly around the hilt of his lightsabre as he looked upon what appeared to be his own younger self.

"Hello there," the younger Obi-Wan said.

Ben managed somehow to lift an eyebrow in an expression that was wry, but hid a slight edge of steely readiness. "I would have said so myself, had you not entered so suddenly. Make yourself at home," he said, though he didn't move to offer any hospitality. Ben was practiced at maintaining his composure in unexpected situations, but this was a new sort.

TAG: Warden

7. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    IC as Padawarden

Before young Obi-Wan began speaking, the perturbed Luke and the domed robot disappeared, their bodies, organic or mechanical, stretching out into pixelated static and then into thin air.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, you are on trial. You are not an innocent man. That much is a given. I am here to reinforce that notion. You, on the other hand, must prove that you are truly innocent. Fail to do this... and you will not join and be one with the Force, you will not be a Force Ghost, you will do no such thing... instead all the spiritual, hereafter essence of you will be obliterated, grinded into oblivion."

Young Obi-Wan spoke as if he were reciting a well-worn speech, perfunctorily handed down to many a defendant for countless billions and trillions of years.

"There is a jury, but you cannot see them. I can reveal no further details on that count."

"Now, let us begin."

PAUSED.

The Warden did it just after he finished pronouncing the "n" in "begin." The old man standing in front of him wouldn't notice any jump in time when the trial resumed... as far as he was concerned, time here was seamless.

The Warden appeared during his Pauses out of costume, back to his drab gray suit, thick black glasses, and paunchy belly. This was the first time ever that the prisoners had ever seen him in person. He waved his hand like he was doing what the Jedi called a mind trick, and then all the prisoners were holding their very own tablet.

"These are meters." The Warden said. "When we are discussing a new bit of information during the trial, indicate on the meter whether the information pushes you toward the innocence or lack of innocence of the individual under trial."

"Any questions?"

tag: everyone

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Dr. Strange

As Dr. Strange was discussing matters with both Jacks, Terry and Bender, another prisoner came up to him and asked

What else do you know about the Warden?

Strange turned to regard the newcomer just as Jack Shepard exclaimed

This is Star Wars!

The sorcerer supreme had no idea what the other man was babbling on about. Star What?

To prove his point, Shepard attempted to predict the man's next move. To the sorcerer's amazement, the scene unfolded just as Shepard had said.

Strange exchanged glances with Jack Bauer who seemed to be even more suspicious than before.

Shepard turned to Bauer and asked Seriously, you`ve never seen it?

"I certainly haven't. But I suppose that's due to the busy life I lead. It's been a long time since I've been to the movie theater."

Shepard seemed to be following a train of thought as he continued without acknowledging the doctor's reply.

There has to be a reason for him to have us see these two individuals though, I doubt he`s concerned about us growing bored while on his prison.

"I suspect we'll find out the reason soon enough" Strange started to say.

I think Dr. Strange is right. Our only chance might be to grab the Warden when we see him, but how the hell will we know it`s him? For all we know with the supernatural powers he seems to have he could disguise himself as anyone.

As soon as the words were out of his mouth, Dr. Strange felt a sudden shift in the magical realm. He recognized this signature now. But it was different. It was not far away and nebulous like last time. No, this time it was much closer and much stronger. Before Strange could even react, he saw the Warden standing in front of him and the other prisoners.

Strange felt an odd sensation. As if time had slightly shifted. Without any type of time device, it was impossible to tell. But something felt off. He didn't recall seeing the old man in the location he now stood. But, he had been preoccupied with the others. And now, he was far more interested in what the Warden seemed to be doing.

The man in glasses - if he could even be called a man. Strange could feel something alien about him - waved his hand and Strange found an unknown device drop into his hands.

These are meters. When we are discussing a new bit of information during the trial, indicate on the meter whether the information pushes you toward the innocence or lack of innocence of the individual under trial.

Strange looked at the peculiar device, unsure of what to say. He could tell the other prisoners were equally surprised.
    Strange sent a telepathic message out to his comrades.

PLAY ALONG FOR NOW

It was best to stay silent and figure out what was going on than to fly off the handle and risk annihilation at the hands of this mysterious being.

Any questions?

"I think we all have several questions. Perhaps you can tell us where we are, how we came to be here- by here I mean this home and not the prison island- and who that old man is?

Tag: Warden, Anyone who heard Strange's telepathic message

9. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    IC: Jack Shephard

Despite Dr. Strange and Bauer`s confused looks, they had no choice but to concede Jack could be right as soon as they saw Ben Kenobi act in the way he had predicted. Indeed it appeared Bauer wasnt a fan of tv "I certainly haven't. But I suppose that's due to the busy life I lead. It's been a long time since I've been to the movie theater."Jack was tempted to intervene and tell him that movie was made in the late 70`s but held back. He just gave him a small nod.

No soon had Strange replied that the Warden`s motives might be known soon enough that something bizarre happened in the room. A younger version of Obi-Wan Kenobi materialized, making Luke and the robots disappear. "Obi-Wan Kenobi, you are on trial. You are not an innocent man. That much is a given. I am here to reinforce that notion. You, on the other hand, must prove that you are truly innocent. Fail to do this... and you will not join and be one with the Force, you will not be a Force Ghost, you will do no such thing... instead all the spiritual, hereafter essence of you will be obliterated, grinded into oblivion." Jack`s eyes widened. This was the Warden!

He was about to ask when he saw old Kenobi freeze i his spot. At that moment, the padawan version morphed into a man wearing a gray suit, thick black glasses, and paunchy belly. Suddenly, a tablet appeared in Jack`s hand. "These are meters. When we are discussing a new bit of information during the trial, indicate on the meter whether the information pushes you toward the innocence or lack of innocence of the individual under trial. Any questions?" Jack was about to step forward and grab the Warden, but a voice inside his head gave a warning, PLAY ALONG FOR NOW. Confused, Jack looked at Dr. Strange. His eyes said it all. He looked at Bauer and Terry, and decided that maybe for now doing what the weird man suggested might be the right move. Who knows, maybe with his powers he was learning something they could use later.

But Strange was ready to press forward and test the Warden, "I think we all have several questions. Perhaps you can tell us where we are, how we came to be here- by here I mean this home and not the prison island- and who that old man is?. Stepping forward, Jack asked, "Will we have a say on everyone`s trial? Who decides the final outcome: You or our votes?".

Jack became somewhat anxious about what might show up during his trial and how everyone here would be able to pass judgment on him for his actions.

TAG: Warden, those around

IC: Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal watched amused how things would apparently play out. The Warden finally showed his true face, and Hannibal couldnt help feel disappointment. He would most certainly not want to take a bite out of the Warden with that paunchy belly, but maybe this Warden was a man of some taste somewhere in his body.

Proving there was indeed some bizarre magic involved, out of thin air a meter appeared on his hand (at least the Warden called it that) that would apparently mean they were to be involved in this trial. "Interesting", Hannibal thought to himself but kept on watching.

Inside his head a voice sounded, warning for him to play along with the Warden. He raised his eyebrows and wondered who had been able to do that. A man he didnt know stepped forward and started asking the Warden questions. Then another one did the same. But he could identify the voice he had heard inside his head as that of the first man who spoke. He had no clue who that was, but he would most certainly have to find out.

TAG: All

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Dark Lord Helmet

After standing and feeling slightly disoriented, most likely from the fall, he looked at the small group. They weren't adding much, not for him anyway, which had him wondering were the group he had been with was sequestering itself here. . .especially since that Dark-wannabe was here they had to be.

When someone exclaimed the Warden was here he jerked around, spinning in place as his helmet slammed shut. Arms wide and flailing he grabbed onto the first thing he could get a grip on, Jack B-something. . .well it would come to him in time or else the person wasn't important, right? Next thing he knew their was something in his free hand, fumbling he finally got a hold of it and held it up, trying to make sense of the smooth surface that didn't even have any moving lights.

A voice in his head was telling him to play along for now, which didn't seem too unreasonable, although he felt he missed something the Warden said at the same time. Ignoring the others with their vocal questions he raised his own hand to speak once the last one had finished, "I got two to add to" waving his hand toward the two that had spoken he searched for their names for a minute, "theirs. How do we work Mr. Meter? I think mine seems to be broken."

TAG: Warden, Others around

11. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    IC: Antryg Windrose

"Curiouser and curiouser," Antryg murmured, looking down at the flat, dark object that had appeared in his hand. Due to his experience with worlds that had harnessed electricity, he could guess at the sort of thing the "meter" must be, although not precisely how it worked.

He had also heard a voice in his head--at least, he was fairly certain it had been in his head--commanding him to play along with the Warden for the time being. This was doubtless good advice, given the Warden's fondness for threatening people with oblivion, and in a way, it was reassuring that at least someone besides the Warden could work magic in this strange, half-corporeal place. Antryg himself had not tried, and was not currently inclined to try, given that misuse of magic was something of which he was most comprehensively guilty.

Had the old man in the hut violated magic-related vows too? And what about the rest of them? Indiana didn't even to believe in magic, Antryg recalled. Surely, the poor fellow wasn't going to be put on trial for that?

What Antryg knew about juries had mostly been gleaned by watching reruns of "Dragnet" on Joanna's TV, although there were far-flung villages in his home universe that brought together groups of local notables to pass judgment on property disputes and alleged violations of agreements. Such bodies never ruled on capital crimes, however, or or post-capital crimes whose penalty was a grinding of the soul into oblivion. The implied responsibility in the current case was disturbingly weighty, and Antryg put his free arm behind his back in order to keep from giving in to the temptation to start exploring the meter, lest he accidentally sentence someone to deathless torment.

Once the Warden asked if there were any questions, a couple of prospective jurors asked some very good ones. The little man in the outsized helmet thought perhaps his meter wasn't working. Antryg called out, "What is this poor fellow in the hut said to be guilty of? I could hardly evaluate any sort of evidence unless I knew that. And do we have the right to remain silent?" He wasn't sure what good such a right would do anyone in the present company, but it had always seemed terribly important on "Dragnet."

Tag: any

12. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Jack Bauer

While the others were examining the warden and their new 'meters', Dr. Strange, Jack Shepard and others were asking questions. Jack had one of his own.

In his best ticked off CTU Agent voice he demanded

"WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR!?"

Tag: Warden, anyone

OOC: Now I just need to work in a line about Jack needing a hacksaw and I've covered most of his famous lines :p

13. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC:[face_laugh] minch, i`m trying to work in "live together, die alone" for Jack :p. U need to say dammit a few more times though.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in a couple days. I was doing labor day stuff and traveling. I should be able to make a Ben/Locke post later on. Playing three characters at once is a bit hard :p

I presume that I'm not supposed to post yet as Ben Kenobi?

15. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    OOC: It's alright to post something as Ben Kenobi... we'll just assume it doesn't happen while he's Paused. :p

16. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: If we keep up this pace, it will take an eternity to get through everyone's first character. And then there are the few of us with 2 :p

17. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: as Solid Snake

Snake turned torwards the commotion the agent caused, and only groaned in exasperation at his antics. He could tell he had little to no self-control. Someone who would probably let his emotions get the better of him.

"WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR!?"

"The last thing we need is a loose cannon getting this Warden angry," Snake said, mostly to himself, but not mindful if the man heard. This Warden made Psycho Mantis look like a joke. .

And that ws truly saying something.

TAG: Jack Bauer, any

18. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    This time of year is always bad, minch. Why do you think I always tried to end (or advised to end) the Sleepies before September? :p

Anyway, I was waiting for one more person to post IC, but I think I'm going to go ahead and do an IC. Post up later tonight.

19. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Perhaps those of us with 2 characters can run both trials concurrently? That would keep things moving at least.

20. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Just got a PM from a player whose IC response is pending...

minch: hmm, that's a good idea. Let's see how it marinates. :p

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    OOC: I would have written some more this weekend, but I have been on vacation visiting family :p I will wait on Cor to post again.

Personally I don't really care if this RP goes a slower pace and takes a while. Although where possible we might be able to combine trials. I would be okay with running my trials concurrently considering that Ben and Locke are so intertwined in the show anyway.

22. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    OCC: that sounds interesting, although my characters couldnt be anymore different and mixing up a cannibal with Shephard might be weird for me mentally [face_laugh] . Maybe the LOST characters' trials can go together? :confused:

23. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

A younger version of Kenobi had appeared suddenly in the center of the room. I struggled to keep a tight hold on the tail of the dragon that dwelled within, for it could and would lash out indiscriminately. That would help nothing, and only expend energy needlessly, especially since, just like with the other, I did not get a sense of him from the Force, so he might not even be on our plane of existence.

It was difficult to hold the tail. Oh, it was difficult.

It was this one who had stolen a youth from his mother and then, subsequently, kept the two apart, allowing her to die. No. Willing her to die. Actively putting in motion the events that led to her death. All in an effort to maintain strict control of him Keep the youth compliant, so he does not question the behavior of a stagnant and corrupt order.

Eventually, the dragon relented, and I was able to focus more properly on the scene before me.

Skywalker had disappeared, elongating and thinning like the image on a screen that is being turned off, leaving only the elderly, recently-deceased fossil behind.

The younger Kenobi said, "Obi-Wan Kenobi, you are on trial. You are not an innocent man. That much is a given. I am here to reinforce that notion. You, on the other hand, must prove that you are truly innocent. Fail to do this... and you will not join and be one with the Force, you will not be a Force Ghost, you will do no such thing... instead all the spiritual, hereafter essence of you will be obliterated, grinded into oblivion."

The fact that this was not a version of Kenobi plucked out of time had become obvious after the first words had come out of his mouth. This had to be the mysterious Warden, trying to tempt me by dangling my greatest enemy in front of me. I had no interest in his games, nor in his trail.

He continued. "There is a jury, but you cannot see them. I can reveal no further details on that count. Now, let us begin."

As the elder Kenobi became as immobile as a statue, the Force wavered for a moment all around the younger, as if he were a stone dropped into the middle of a lake. Instantly, he was transformed into another. An unassuming man, flabby of body.

Not weak of mind, though, nor of spirit. There was great power there, underneath the surface. I wanted it for my very own.

The man made a gesture, and a moment later, a device dropped into my hands. It was lightweight, but there were electronic connections inside, calling to me, buzzing for my attention.

The Warden, newly revealed, said, "These are meters. When we are discussing a new bit of information during the trial, indicate on the meter whether the information pushes you toward the innocence or lack of innocence of the individual under trial.?

PLAY ALONG FOR NOW

My head snapped around, trying to catch a glimpse of who could possibly have invaded the inner sanctum of my thoughts. None but a Sith could be so powerful. None but Lord Sidious. It was not him though, and I could detect nothing else. All I knew was that it was not the Warden.

I would not be ordered around by a phantom voice.

The Warden continued with, ?Any questions?"

Enough.

As soon as this meter fell into my hands, I pulled the sides toward me, so that the two edges touched, and tossed the now useless piece of junk over my shoulder. ?This one has already been tried, convicted, and executed. I will not be a part of this farce.?

I stepped in front of the man, towering over him. ?Find yourself another play thing.?

Time to test his abilities, and his limits.

I put my hand up and prepared to choke him. It would not even require a fraction of Force power. He did not merit a fully-powered attack from a Sith Lord.

The galaxy help him if he ever did.

TAG: Warden, anyone else

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    OOC: Cor, are we supposed to be waiting for you at this stage? I have just been waiting for the Warden to guide this a bit...

25. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Ugh.

A CD got stuck in my laptop so I took it in last week and I just got it back. [face_plain]

Suffice it to say, yeah, I did mean for everyone by now to wait for another Warden post. :p

I am going to get dinner, stuff myself on a buffet of mac n' cheese (hopefully!) and then come back, do studying, writing, bla bla bla, and make a Warden post here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.