main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Welcome to PRISON! - Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Coruscant, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Hey guys, I hate to be all Evil Overlord Mod Who Ruins Your Fun, but ... tone down on the OOCs a bit, will you? We don't mind some recruitment/character-related/whatever discussion happening before the game begins, but remember this isn't a social thread. ;) For that, we have Jocasta's (for all things OOC) or Hoopers (for everything else).

Thanks folks!

~Xany

2. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    This is a question about the game, I swear Xan :p

I was wondering where it said that. I was kind of hoping I didn't miss something so pivotal, because if that truly is the case... it should prove interesting to see both Roanapur and Inaba portrayed here, the homelands of both my respective characters.

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Yes, that is truly the case. :)

About the start of the game... I'm still waiting for more players to sign up (around 12-15, I think the ideal 20 is out of reach). It might mean the game starts a little later than sooner, but the game will be better for it. So keep talking to your friends!

Hi, Xan! We'll tone down on the social stuff.

4. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Sorry for the double post, but gotta update!

Hi, guys, I just want you all to check the first post for a new addendum. :) I don't want any of you to think you've joined under false pretenses, but after trying and failing to fit them into the game structure, I'm removing challenges and the points system from the game. There also definitely won't be just a single winner, because it seems unlikely that only one character/player would be judged innocent throughout the course of the game, you know?

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    1. solojones ::: Benjamin Linus (Lost)
    2. Zedd-Vega ::: Balalaika (Black Lagoon), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)
    3. yodaminch::: Jack Bauer (24) , TBD
    4. HanSolo29 ::: Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr. (Indiana Jones)
    5. Trimaj ::: Q Star Trek: The Next Generation, Gerald Tarrant (Additional Information Here) Cold Fire Trilogy(TVTropes page)
    6. Spycoder9 ::: Shannon Rutherford (Lost), Ana Lucia (Lost)
    7. GrandAdmiralJello ::: Julia Caesaris filia Augusti
    8. Asterix_of_Gaul::: Man With No Name AKA Blondie (Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
    9. Crazed_Ewok ::: Boone Carlyle (Lost)
    10. Sith-I-5 ::: The Vam, like a self-aware version of this guy (Torchwood: Risk Assessment), Inspector Emil Karpo (Inspector Rostnikov Mysteries)

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Cor, I think that's a good idea. Making it more just a journey and not a competition will be a lot more mellow and fun :)

7. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    Golly, I wasn't even thinking about the competition part--just excited to play a character...so I guess I agree with SJ. I'm excited to play!

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    My only concern about removing competitions is that we run the risk of repeating Desert which just stalled and died. Executor was driven by a story but the challenges and points kept things interesting. So I'm a bit concerned over the driving force for this game. I wouldn't suggest challenges like we had in executor, but "mini" challenges wouldn't be so bad once in a while.

Also, picked my second character:

3. yodaminch::: Jack Bauer (24) , Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond)
    5. Trimaj ::: Q Star Trek: The Next Generation, Gerald Tarrant (Additional Information Here) Cold Fire Trilogy(TVTropes page)
    8. Asterix_of_Gaul::: Man With No Name AKA Blondie (Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
    10. Sith-I-5 ::: The Vam, like a self-aware version of this guy (Torchwood: Risk Assessment), Inspector Emil Karpo (Inspector Rostnikov Mysteries)

9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    if there's actually a storyline being played out then it'll keep going minch. that's what desert lacked, there wasn't much beyond here, i give you a world, play in it. there's actually gonna be a story, and challenges even if by a different name, because we have things we have to do to stay alive.

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, personally I like the idea of unexpected challenging events coming up via Cor, but just less formalized. So challenges, but not the kind of challenge where someone wins. More of... obstacles. Plot points for sure. But I like the idea of it not really being a competition among players as much.

11. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Tri and sj have said it better than I could have. The problem with Desert was there was no guiding North Star, you know?

But this game has a very strong North Star in the concept, the story, the objective of proving innocence, etc... it has a direction, someplace players can RP towards. Desert, otoh, I just laid out a world and said, "play!" :p

Once again, Xan, I'm sorry for the OOC comments, but I think a very valid concern was raised and I wanted to answer it.

Welcome to the game, Sith! :) It's great to have ya.

12. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    I guess I might as well mention, Blondie also goes by Joe, although, I'd argue that's not his official name...just another nickname given to him by a certain undertaker from the past. However, I'm going to stick with the nickname, "Blondie," for now.

13. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    11. The Dark Overlord: The God Emperor of Mankind (Warhammer 40 000)

14. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Welcome to the game! :D

I am unfamiliar with the Warhammer universe, but "God Emperor" sounds like promising material for this game. ;)

15. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    He's basically god impersonated who united all the warring clans on earth and set out on a crusade across the galaxy to free mankind from their foes; the mutant, the heretic and the traitor and founded the empire of man. Later he was mortally wounded by his first chosen son Horus in a fight to save mankind from corruption, his body now sits on the golden throne whilst his soul and mind guides the empire through the astronomicon, which in turn is fueld by a thousand psychic souls every day and.. and.. uh, it's a long long story.. :p

But yeah, he's awesome. ^^

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Having all these super powered characters is going to make things interesting for those of us who are (relatively) normal characters. How exactly is that going to work within the confines of the game Cor?

Ok, even if mine is functionally immortal :p Blacking out Lost spoilers until Jay has finished season 6.

17. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    Blondie scrapes his thumb across the top of a match, igniting a small orange flame sheltered behind his left hand--the subsequent glow illuminates a sandy beard and the titled brim of a brown tattered hat. Shadows softly dance across a dirty serape as he lifts the match to a freshly-rolled cigarillo hanging from his lips--jaw set firm. Aside from the small crackle of the flame, which he passively shakes out, small beads of sweat and blood pit pat against the ground. His left eye is swollen and blood is gently slipping through the bristles of his beard. He exhausts a smooth jet of smoke and leans silently against the dark wall of an otherwise indistinguishable location.

Blondie waits.

18. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    EDIT: His hat is tilted down over his face...not titled. Sorry, I was tired when I wrote that blob up there. Anyways, he's there.

19. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    11. The Dark Overlord ::: The God Emperor of Mankind (Warhammer 40 000)
    12. Mister_Master ::: Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach), Shaggy Rogers (Scooby-Doo)

Edit: Changed my mind on my second character.

20. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    3. yodaminch::: Jack Bauer (24) , TBD
    10. SnipeHunter ::: Doctor Who (Doctor Who), Another character (undisclosed right now)

OOC: man i hated lost as a show now i have to play with so many of them, oh well at least i get to be the doctor :p

21. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    13. SnipeHunter ::: Doctor Who (Doctor Who), Another character (undisclosed right now)

just fixing the list.

welcome aboard ya'll. should be an interesting ride, that's for sure.

22. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    13. SnipeHunter ::: Doctor Who (Doctor Who), Another character (undisclosed right now)
    14. ophelia ::: Antryg Windrose

Antryg's pretty obscure, I'm afraid--that link actually points to an example buried deep in a TV Tropes page. Without your having to dig, this is what it says:
    He and the Eleventh Doctor ought to have a lot of fun. :p

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    ophelia, don't worry about the unfamiliarity. Outside of the Lost characters, I have no idea who most of these people are. But I'm really glad you decided to play. It kind of doesn't matter who you play as, it's going to be awesome anyway :D

:eek: Blasphemy! :p

Which Doctor are you, btw?

24. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    Well...I'm rooting for the RSC's Hamlet.

25. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    14. ophelia ::: Antryg Windrose
    15. Mitth_Fisto ::: Lord Dark Helmet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.