main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Welcome to PRISON! - Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Coruscant, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Welcome!

15 players! I think we'll start soon now.

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Lord Dark Helmet... lol, one of these things is not like the other :p That'll certainly be interesting.

3. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Cor, is there any way I could possibly respec my selections? You know, change them before the game begins?

I reviewed my ability to play them and I don't know if I can do it properly.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sure, just re-edit and post the list.

Then mention above or below what the edit was.

5. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    EDIT: Changed both of my characters. Formely Balalaika (Black Lagoon) and Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) to Loke (Fairy Tail) and Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4)

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I still don't know who these characters are, so it'll be fun just having to try to figure them out through everyone's playing :)

7. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    I first heard about Dr. Who through a sleepy game--since then I became a huge Dr. Who fan (although, mostly because of David Tennant). I've heard about the Persona games, but never played them. Perhaps after this game, I will. I'm excited to play!

8. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Zedd, sure, of course! But you already did that. :p

People can still join, btw, but I think we're going to start on Tuesday. How does this work for everybody?

9. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    That'll work. I'll be coming home sometime in the mid to late afternoon, board time--it depends on how long it takes for me to deconstruct my classroom. Then I'm sort of free . . . except for the wreckage of my daily life that I've been putting off dealing with for 10 months. :)

10. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Tuesday I'll be free by about 7:15-7:30, pacific/board time. So yeah that would work for me.

Of course I mean, I work until about 8pm on Mon, Wed, and Thur this summer. So I'll pretty much just be posting in the evenings. This week is kind of busy as I'm just starting a new internship and will be busy all day Fri and Sun. But yeah, in short, Tuesday is okay for me so long as it's evening :p

11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Guys, again - please watch your OOC comments. ;)

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Sorry. I've really tried to restrict myself to questions about the game, scheduling, etc. I'm an RPF n00b.

13. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    just pick a time. i'll be around more or less.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oookay...

IC: The Vam

"This is the Fea-, I mean the Word of the Vam! A post is being prepared, based around the GM's introduction, so hopefully the story will start then.
    Oh, and Tuesday should be fine for the Vam!
    "

Tag: no-one

15. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    1. solojones ::: Benjamin Linus (Lost)
    2. Zedd-Vega ::: Loke (Fairy Tail), Kanji Tatsumi (Persona 4)
    3. yodaminch::: Jack Bauer (24) , Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond)
    4. HanSolo29 ::: Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr. (Indiana Jones)
    5. Trimaj ::: Q Star Trek: The Next Generation, Gerald Tarrant (Additional Information Here) Cold Fire Trilogy(TVTropes page)
    6. Spycoder9 ::: Shannon Rutherford (Lost), Ana Lucia (Lost)
    7. GrandAdmiralJello ::: Julia Caesaris filia Augusti
    8. Asterix_of_Gaul::: Man With No Name AKA Blondie (Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
    9. Crazed_Ewok ::: Boone Carlyle (Lost)
    10. Sith-I-5 ::: The Vam, like a self-aware version of this guy (Torchwood: Risk Assessment), Inspector Emil Karpo (Inspector Rostnikov Mysteries)
    11. The Dark Overlord ::: The God Emperor of Mankind (Warhammer 40 000)
    12. Mister_Master ::: Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach), Shaggy Rogers (Scooby-Doo)
    13. SnipeHunter ::: Doctor Who (Doctor Who), Another character (undisclosed right now)
    14. ophelia ::: Antryg Windrose
    15. Mitth_Fisto ::: Lord Dark Helmet
    16. Spaceman_Spiff ::: Darth Vader

Second character coming up soon.

16. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    5. Trimaj ::: Q Star Trek: The Next Generation, Gerald Tarrant (Additional Information Here) Cold Fire Trilogy(TVTropes page)
    8. Asterix_of_Gaul::: Man With No Name AKA Blondie (Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
    10. Sith-I-5 ::: The Vam, like a self-aware version of this guy (Torchwood: Risk Assessment), Inspector Emil Karpo (Inspector Rostnikov Mysteries)
    13. SnipeHunter ::: Doctor Who (Doctor Who), Another character (undisclosed right now)
    16. Spaceman_Spiff ::: Darth Vader

Good news, everyone! Coming to join the game is my second character ::: Bender Bending Rodriguez

Hooray, I'm included!

17. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    The game has now begun! But first things first, please read all of this post.

For the next week, new players will still be allowed to join. Also, existing players may change their character(s) during this "grace" period, once we've all seen firsthand how the game goes, what kind of style it'll have, how other players are playing, etc... This period will end on Tuesday 6/29 at 11:59pm. This also applies to adding a character, if you have just one right now.

There has been a major question about character powers and weapons in regards to how those things can influence the game, the setting, and other characters. I present to you three simple rules:

1.) There is no escaping the island of the prison or wherever the Warden wants your characters to be at any point in time. For now, the Warden wants your characters on the island only.

2.) No fundamentally altering the dynamic of the game. This is a game about characters going on trial for their souls, to prove their innocence. It is not, however, an escape adventure. For the time being. Obviously, escape will be a big thing on everybody's mind. If it weren't, that simply wouldn't be realistic. But as this first week progresses along, your character should start focusing on the trials and living with the other characters, and less on escape (even though that will always be in the back of his/her mind).

3.) If your character can do stuff like absorb the memories of those around him, or has some kind of omniscience, or anything like that... you simply can't abuse this. There could be potential case-by-case scenarios here. Let's say your character can extract all the memories of whatever person (let's say that victim is Luke Skywalker). Your memory-extracting character can reference and know the fact that Luke is from a desert, but he cannot, on the other hand, "know Luke's soul", what's important to him, who he loves, who he hates, his dreams, his motives, etc... If you feel this rule is inconsistent with the extent of your character's ability, then let's just both pretend the Warden nerfed that ability.

[image=http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews42/shawshank%20redemption%20blu-ray%20uk/large/large%20shawshank%20redemption%20blu-ray2.jpg]

"Hello again, prisoners."

"You will soon receive your cell assignments."

[all your characters are in what would otherwise be a cafeteria (but your characters are dead, so they don't need food or drink), in black-and-white striped prison garb. Inventory has already been done, so your characters do not have any of their bodily possessions with them.]

"For now, feel free to wander about. There is a small but decidedly exhaustive library around here somewhere. The front doors are also open, so you can stroll down to the beach on the south side of the island, but be careful you don't fall off any cliffs. Not that you'll die, it'll just be inconvenient. You could also hike up to the the lighthouse, if you like, or explore some of the myriad buildings of the entire compound. My favorite is an old ruin on the east side of the island. It used to be a church. Ah, well, I shouldn't talk like that. It is still a church. Rotted pews overgrown by ivy and lack of a ceiling do not unmake a church. Don't get hopeful now- spending all your time in the church won't soften me up. There's only one way to prove your innocence around here- at trial."

"And don't be surprised if you ever see other people on the grounds. I mean, besides yourselves the prisoners, of course. Sometimes, someone just turns up and then vanishes never to be heard from again. It's perfectly normal."

"Oh- before I forget- don't forget to visit the greenhouse. It's the only spot on the island that the sun shines through the clouds. Besides basking in the sunlight, smelling the flowers is highly recommended. Depending on the outcome of your trial, this may be your last opportunity to do so."

*loudspeaker squelches off*
    [hr]

Remember-

The sky is ALWAYS GRAY over the Island Prison and all the waters around it, except for the greenhouse, which gets a little sunsh

18. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Loke

The Prison, Cafeteria

Loke could only smirk, though it wasn't one of pleasure yet one more of knowing. "See Loke? You spent too much time in the human world without a contract. Now you're dead." The celestial spirit of Leo was more or less accepting of his newfound position among the other dead souls, and looking about he was a bit amazed at who and what he saw. Some were likely normal, everyday people. He was sent to a "normal" afterlife, at least that's what he thought... even though his thought of an afterlife was more... angelic or hellish.

More gazes were his way, and the only thing he still had with him were his sunglasses it seemed. Good thing too, because as a dead man, he still wanted to look good to the ladies. The few that were there that is.

Loke stood up from the table and didn't bother to wait around or make introductions. He still had a trial, and he was still contracted to Lucy. Maybe Lucy didn't even know he was dead. That would leave her heartbroken for sure. For whatever reason, certainly not one of Loke's own, he had to prove his innocence...

...if only to speak to Lucy one last time...

"Well," Loke said after several moments of silence. "I'm headed to the church." And with that, the celestial spirit made his way towards his destination. If anything, that would be the closest and most comfortable place for him to be right now.

TAG: Anyone

[b]Kanji Tatsumi

[i]The Prison, Cafeteria[/i][/b]

[blockquote]"DAMN IT!" Kanji slammed his hands on the table he was seated at, the heated youth holding back tears of frustration as he assessed his predicament. He must have died while helping Yosuke-senpai and the others fight off the Shadows in Teddie's world. They were already so close to discovering if Namatame was behind the murders... but now, Kanji would never be able to help his friends discover the truth.

That's what all this was about. The truth. They sought the truth about themselves as well as the truth regarding the murders and the Shadows. The delinquent had been reformed by the compassion showed to him by his friends, and now he was dead. Even after they saved him...

Suddenly he felt the eyes of the otehrs on him regarding his outburst, and reverting back to his old self (which no one but himself would have known) he swiped his arm out as if to drive them all back, cursing to himself. "What the hell are you all starin' at?! Huh?!" Kanji grumbled, his voice angry and confused. He took off in a sprint, not sure where he was headed or why he was headed in that direction.

He checked the hallways he ran through, looking for a door of any kind. "Gotta get outta here..." Kanji kept saying to himself, panting as he barreled through a pair of double doors which led to the open air: a gray and cloudy area. It reminded Kanji of the Shadow world in a way. "Nnngh! Graaaah!" He howled out loud, continuing on his run. He had to get out and get to the others somehow, and in his frenzy he wasn't thinking on how he was guilty or how he was going to prove how innocent he was.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Anyone[/b]

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: I just had a couple of questions before we begin:

Do the characters know they're dead or is that something that will be revealed as the story goes along? Also, aside from canon deaths, do we get to decide how our characters died? Thanks! :)

20. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    Alex Mercer [Prototype universe] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prototype_%28video_game%29

Sorry if you guys wanted me to add it to the list, but I'm not typing all that out...
    GM approved by the way.

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    16. Spaceman_Spiff ::: Darth Vader, Bender Bending Rodriguez
    17. WINKWINK ::: Alex Mercer [Prototype universe]

22. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    The characters know that the Warden says they're dead (first post) and that they apparently don't need food or drink (second Warden post). Whether the Warden is being truthful will, of course, be revealed in time. ;) [face_thinking] edit: the second part about food and drink is definitely true.

If your character does not have a canon and final permanent death (meaning, has not been resurrected and currently still alive for the second time, in canon), then you can decide how your characters died. Or appeared to die.

23. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Alex Mercer

[i]I remember the island. I remember what I did there, the people I killed, The people I became. The people I saved.

They quarantined the island after I stopped the infection, it cost billions of dollars in both the public and private sector and all the government paid for was the evac. Typical really but what can you expect, people were scared, terrified of getting sick and dieing or worse, turning into something out of a nightmare. My nightmare.

I stayed for a while. I had nothing better to do and didn't want to be around people, so I stayed and... learned about... I don't know anymore. Myself? ourselves? maybe... our self.[/i]

[hr]

Alex watched as the man announced after a moment that he would be at the church. Alex would go there later.

He then watched as the boy threw a tantrum and ran off. Pathetic. Weak. Or was he? Didn't matter.

Alex smiled as he sat still as the grave and contemplated his innocence.

[hr]

[i]I deserve oblivion for what I've done. Do I deserve redemption? We'll see.[/i]

TAG whoever.

OCC. I don't typically do OCC's but I have no idea where this format came from, just thought I'd mention that. Also, not meaning to insult anyone's character or anything, it's just Alex.

24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    IC: Benjamin Linus

As he entered the cafeteria, Ben felt confusion and disorientation creeping into his mind. Finding himself in a prison was one thing. Not wholly unexpected, really. And navigating a new place, a new situation... that was second nature. What Ben disliked was having no idea how he'd arrived there, or where precisely he'd been before. He recalled being on the island, but the rest was a blank. The bruise around his eye and flecks of dried blood around his nose were fairly routine. He was more than used to that, even though in this case he wasn't sure whose fists had done the pummelling

It was his state of mind that really threw him, though. His hazy memory was an extremely unusual and unsettling thing. The processing had been a blur, too. They'd taken his baton, he recalled that much. Upsetting, but if he wound up needing a weapon, he was sure he could manage something.

Ben's cold blue eyes were quickly scanning the room as he made a routine assessment of his surroundings. A cafeteria filled with people, though absolutely no one was eating. Curious, he thought, filing it away. He was taking in the number of windows and doors in the room when the PA crackled to life. Ben tilted his head slightly toward the PA to ensure that he heard every word precisely.

Libraries, lighthouses, and churches were interesting enough bits of information, he supposed. But Ben's curiosity was mostly piqued by the claims about death and being stuck on whatever island this was. Though his expression remained carefully neutral, he had to smile inwardly. It sounded quite familiar. Of course, Richard's brief insistence that their own island was Hell had proved entirely unfounded. So Ben took the pronouncement of this warden fellow with an enormous grain of salt. Nothing was impossible, but many things were highly unlikely. And until he knew more, he would remain undecided.

There were some more remarks about strange appearances and a greenhouse. Ben managed to listen to them word for word while still scanning the expressions of his fellow prisoners. One man exited quietly, but was soon followed by a hysterical youth. Not a very helpful reaction, if you asked Ben.

A few feet away, Ben noticed a tall fellow with sharp eyes and a scar across his chin taking everything in. The man appeared unflappable and had an intelligent gaze. There must be some common reason they were all here, Ben reasoned. Perhaps if he learned a bit more about his fellow inmates, he could discover that, or even discern the identity of their captor.

Making a split second decision, Ben approached the taller man, allowing himself to appear much more nervous and affable than he felt, put the man at ease. Ben was small, unassuming. It had always worked very much in his favor.

"This is all a little dramatic, don't you think?" he asked the taller man, indicating their antiquated black and white garb. Ben laughed as though nervous, despite his well-tuned inner sense of steely composure. "I mean, it's ridiculous, don't you think? I'm a travel writer for God's sake. What could they possibly want with me? And what about you?" he managed to make it sound casual.

"Oh, we shouldn't let prison strip us of our manners." Ben extended a hand, smiling as he did. It had become so very easy to put on a false demeanor. Despite what people in his past might think, there wasn't always a malicious intent behind it. Ben was simply careful, and felt much more comfortable when he knew more about people than they did about him. "Dean Moriarty," he introduced himself. One of his oldest aliases. One he felt entirely comfortable slipping into for now.

Tag: Indy, any in cafeteria

OOC: Cleared this with HanSolo29. I will definitely want to speak with other characters, too, though.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer, former agent of CTU, surveyed his surroundings. After so many years of working for the government, surveillance was second nature to him. He could not recall what had led to this situation, but for the moment it did not matter. He would get answers in time. For now, all that mattered was figuring out where he was and how to escape. He had had his fill of prisons after spending over a year in Chinese custody. He glanced down at some of the scars that he had earned from his time as their prisoner and grimaced. He would not allow himself to relive that nightmare again.

His first concern was learning whose custody he was in. He reflected back on the voice of the warden. He detected no Russian or Chinese accent. That was the good news. Both countries had a personal vendetta against Jack for his actions against their governments. Jack had murdered the entire Russian peace delegation at the United Nations including the head of Mikhail Novakovitch, the head of the Russian delegation. He had also exposed the Russians involvement in the assassination of President Omar Hassan. And of course, he had nearly assassinated the Russian President Yuri Suvarov

Yes, if he had been in Russian custody, he would certainly know it. But that left only one other option: He had been captured by American forces. He must have failed to escape in time. President Taylor had warned him to flee the country and Chloe O'Brian had bought him as much time as he could. Clearly, that had not been enough. Jack had sustained several injuries during that day's events and they had taken their toll in addition to the emotional toll. After decades of service, Jack was tired. He had desperately wished he hadn't stayed in New York that day and had left with his daughter Kim, her husband and his granddaughter Teri for Los Angeles. Instead, he had stayed. In truth, if he had not stayed, New York City could have been destroyed in a nuclear disaster and President Hassan would still be dead. And so too would Rene.

No, Jack reflected, he had done his duty to the best of his abilities and he had no regrets. The men he had killed were guilty of grave crimes. And he would have accepted justice had President Taylor not robbed him of the chance. In her efforts to preserve peace, she compromised everything she had believed in. While she regretted it, it was far too little too late. Jack had tried to reason with her and she had waved him off. He had done his best. He had made peace with himself. He had no regrets. If he was supposed to spend his remaining life in prison, then so be it.

The Warden's words came back to him. He had claimed that everyone was dead. Jack assumed that was a figure of speech. If his guess was right, former President Charles Logan had super-ceded President Taylor and found a way to bury Jack in a black ops prison somewhere. In that sense, Jack was already dead. As far as his family would know, he was gone. And knowing Logan, he would have been thorough. There would be no rescues from Chloe or Cole. Rene, he reflected yet again, was gone. Tony was in federal prison himself and President Taylor had resigned in disgrace. He was truly alone again. If he intended to escape, he would have to do it himself.

He noted that there were no visible guards anywhere in the cafeteria. Jack also noticed that there was no food in the cafeteria. But Jack rarely ate anyway. He had survived entire days without so much as a bottle of water. His adrenaline sustained him.

Jack examined his fellow prisoners. Some seemed to be very odd. They ranged different ages and genders. Some looked like they could not possibly belong in this place and others looked at home. Jack was sad to reflect that he probably did fit in better than most.

He examined the rest of the area, noting no food or utensils. That eliminated any possible weapon choices. The tables were likely bolted down and the chairs would likely be too heavy to lift. And it appeared as though they were being watched at all times. Then the first step would be to locate the surveillance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.