main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Welcome to PRISON! - Now Accepting New Players!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Coruscant, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Lord Dark Helmet

Once the Small Helmet's attention was divided once again, and he no longer was delaying his attack to keep up his ramble he popped up his helmets front. Gasping for air he leaned onto a chair next to him. "Can't breath in that thing!" he exclaimed between gasps as he steadied himself. "What did you expect? Skroob and Spaceballs needed the simplist to speak language that most races in the home galaxy knew. Especially with the financial standing of Druidia most know this tongue." he explained with some exasperation as he turned to the now 'armored up' version of the questioner.

"How do you manage in such a small helmet? Honestly, how do you do it!?" he quickly asked as he raised himself back up looking pointedly at the striped monstrocity. The verticle white stripes on his glasses beyond his awareness, especially in how they clashed with his current horizontal stripe pattern. Somehow he wondered if he looked like this tall thing how anyone could take each other seriously without some posturing.

TAG: Spiff, Sith, WinkWink

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Jungle

Iulia Caesaris filia Imperatoris Caii Iulii Caesaris Augusti

Din Moriarti was not convinced. Julia could see it in his eyes, as body language seemed to be universal. It didn't matter: the more he saw through her, the more evidence he gave her that he was a liar.

His eyes, though. They were placid, but had none of the affability that her father's eyes had--nor none of the vivacity and energy that hers held. No, they were disconcerting--and not in that divinely serene way of the Caesars, but in a way that made her skin crawl. His gaze was not piercing--if anything his eyes had a milky fog to them that made him seem dimwitted and harmless but somehow not: somehow it seemed as if he was gazing on her soul.

She didn't care to have her soul gazed at, so she rolled her eyes and turned away from his gaze.

It was then that the other man, something Windroz, explained that he was responsible for her newfound understanding. She didn't believe him; he claimed to be a magus, but no magus had ever exercised such power. Their skills involved begging the intercession of the spirits below, seeking their aid to see the future, cast hexes, or even to create concoctions that would solve their client's more unsavory needs. Nobody had ever heard of a magus that could directly intervene in a way that only gods were allowed to do.

No, Julia decided. The goddess of wisdom was whispering to her mind, and that was that. As for all his talk about universes... there would be time for philosophy later.

Still, Windroz had greeted her, and it would be impolite to ignore him. He did not warrant a curtsey, nor was she wearing anything sufficient for one, so she acknowledged his presence with a slight dip of her head. He would surely write to his children about the day that Caesar's daughter acknowledged his existence.

TAG: sj, ophie, HS29, Trim (aka the jungle people)

3. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Shannon Rutherford

The discharge of a bullet echoed in the forest, mocking the silence that had been her mind. Shannon Rutherford, walking from the brush and overloaded bamboo, saw a woman. But her mind couldn?t think. Froze in position, her mind whirled at the thoughts of what had happened. She didn?t have much time to wonder. Her legs wobbled like jelly, and her lips were watered with the dull, metallic taste of blood. Looking down at herself, she saw the blood all over her shirt.

?Boone?? she whispered through her blood colored lips, the sharpened bits of bamboo rammed into her legs. She reached up to a man?s face. He looked like Sayid. Trying to say something again, anything, she couldn?t.

She closed her eyes.

Her blue orbs opened to the surrounding world.

Had she survived?

She was stretched out on the grass. But it felt strange. Not truly real. Getting up quickly, she looked for the bamboo forest. Nothing. Sayid. Nothing. Raising her pale white hand to her forehead, she pushed the long hair back, running her fingers through it. Standing slowly, she noticed she was still dressed in that outfit she had fallen in. Looking around, she heard the voice echoing all around.

She was in Prison.

Shannon then knew she had finally lost her mind.

Shannon had walked into this place resembling a cafeteria like everyone else. She listened to the Warden?s annoying speech, watching the interactions of everyone else in the room. Some were silent, and she wondered how her mind had come up with such delusional memories. She saw Boone and knew her mind was making things up. Sighing, she looked down at her clothing, patting out several wrinkles.

I am a nutcase.

She decided she might just go check this church out.

?Anyone left in her want to go check out the church??

TAG: Anyone left in room

OOC: I don?t know if anyone is still in there, just trying to post something. And this post was made before the announcement.

4. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    OOC: Sorry I haven't posted yet, but I'll try to get something up tomorrow (perhaps responding to your tag, spycoder9 :)).

I have a message though. HS29 told SoloJones and Trim that she'd had a post up tonight, but it doesn't look like she'll be able to do that because her electricity hasn't been working all night. So, she asked me to deliver that message. :p

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: thanks for the heads-up ewok. much appreciated.

IC: Q/ Gerald "The Hunter" Tarrant/ Prison Exit

Swiftly the two "men" went until they came to the door leading out of the building. Q didn't think anything of walking out, but Tarrant paused hesitantly outside of the range of any possible light coming out. He didn't trust the strange man who had supposedly given him the ability to walk in the light, and he also didn't want to find out if he were really and truly dead. Hell is coming to take me. Why did this day come now? Why did it come ever. It was something he would never have been ready for, no matter when it came. Damn you Vryce. Damn you for making me care again.

Q noted his companion's hesitance. "Oh come on. So what if you burn a little? There's no fae here, the rules from your world don't apply. We're going to lose them if you don't hurry." That last was a baldfaced lie, but Q didn't care. If the other man didn't come in a second he'd just teleport him out.

Gritting his teeth, and glaring again, Gerald walked out the door. "If you'd ever been held in a fire that could incinerate rock for a week straight you wouldn't say that." On top of not trusting Q, the Hunter flat out didn't like him.

Rolling his eyes Q said, "Oh please. Like that compares to anything that hell will bring. Assuming it exists. Think of it as practice." With that Q headed off again.

Decidedly not catching on fire some of the tension eased out of Tarrant, but he still hated being in the prison garb. Q didn't care so much at that point. He wanted to talk to Julia, since it was utterly odd that a Roman was in this little group of theirs.

"In my world, hell does exist. I've seen it. Bargained with it. Since you supposedly know everything, you know that." Tarrant's voice was harsh. "Why do we have to be stuck in this blasted garb? It's insulting."

Q looked down at himself again. "Oh. Hmmm... I suppose I could fix this." Shrugging his clothes changed into the typical Star Fleet uniform of the era he was fond of pestering people, mostly black with a red diagonal red section reaching from shoulder nearly to waist, with the Star Fleet emblem on his chest. "Better? Now come on."

Tarrant blinked. That isn't possible. Only an Iezu should be able to do that... Oh hell. That's what he is. He's done this. He's done all of this. He'll pay. Looking down at himself, he was in his customary clothing again, smooth and spotless as usual. A black cloak with hood, black nu-leather gloves, boots, and a black shirt and pants. The lack of the familiar weight at his side was irritating, but he felt much more like himself. Falling in behind the suspected Iezu, But where is the fae? I can't even see it. Not even one of that kind should be able to do that, Tarrant asked, "What are you again?"

Sighing, "I'm a Q. I come from another universe entirely, but I get to play around in all of the others. Aren't you just lucky for that? Drat, you made me lose them. Confounded jungle. Never could track worth anything. Look, you're just going to have to take this on faith. Didn't you basically found a religion? That should be easy for you. Especially given that's how you control the fae in the first place." Q had stopped and turned around to talk directly to the Hunter.

Tarrant stared at Q. Faith. He talks to me about faith. Fine, he doesn't know anymore than I do. I'll just have to take it on faith. "Fine. I can show you where they went, if you'll get out of my way." Drawing on the supply of fae that had been provided by the Q, the Hunter worked a Knowing, which he was not even vaguely sure how it would work in this faeless place.

Closing his eyes, he focused, and the sense of where their quarries were heading came to him. "The lighthouse. They're headed towards it." Damn. I won't be able to use it for more than generalities. I can't draw much information from others are because they have no fae connected to them. This is not Erna. I have to get back. He started walking in the dir

6. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Darth Vader:

Even as I was responding to this Vam, the hooded one actually put his hands on me and forcibly spun me around. Nobody touched me. Nobody. This boy said, "I don't know who you think your are, and I don't know where you think you are but right now common sense dictates that we work together and not start killing each other within five minutes of our meeting! You've proven yourself a liability and I will NOT allow you to jeopardize the rest of our chances of getting out of this alive so you either calm down, or I will calm you."

My rage had been building throughout his little speech, but I had allowed him the small courtesy of finishing his words in case he might have anything, absolutely anything, worthwhile to say. After concluding that he did not, I pushed him away with the Force, allowing it free reign. He would slam against the wall, then slump down, bones broken and organs pulverized.

The abomination popped up the front of its helmet, revealing nothing more sinister than a human, a weak looking one at that. The human leaned against a char and began gasping, even as he spoke. "What did you expect? Skroob and Spaceballs needed the simplist to speak language that most races in the home galaxy knew. Especially with the financial standing of Druidia most know this tongue."

?I want nothing but silence from you, at least until your dying gasps.? I stepped toward him again, preparing to redouble my efforts to choke him.

"How do you manage in such a small helmet? Honestly, how do you do it!?"

Ultimate betrayal. Lightsabers clash. Fire engulfs. Pain shatters. Metal prison. Forever. This one dared to wear a helmet that was not necessary to maintain his life, in front of me? One similar to my own in every respect except for its dimensions?

The rage, which I thought had plateaued, found yet another level to climb. My hand came up. His throat would even now be constricting. I released my hold. No, not yet. The pain this one would feel before he died. So delicious. I raised my hand again, and slowly began to squeeze the throat.

TAG: Vam, Dark Helmet, Alex

[hl=silver][color=black]IC Bender:[/color][/hl]

When the sandy-haired human heard the new meatbag coming, he spun around and said,. [i]"Who are you?"[/I] This was a real paranoid human. [i]My kind of guy. My enemies could become his enemies, and he could take all the heat.[/i]

Then, the group reached a door, and the boy asked Bender, [i]"I don't suppose you could break in that room?"[/I]

The guy called Jack then said,, [i]"It makes sense for guards to keep beer to themselves"[/i]

If Bender hadn?t wanted to break it down before (which he did), that would have decided him. ?I don?t even need any tools. Stand aside, Petunia.? He ran through the door, smashing it off its hinges and falling down on top of it, the two metal objects creating an unholy racket.?That was fun. Got any other doors to break down??

[b]Tag: Jack, Terry, Karpo[/b]

7. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Alex Mercer Cafeteria

Alex went flying through the air. Alex hit the wall. Alex went through the wall. Alex hit another wall. Went through that one too. Alex got up very, very angry. Alex walked towards the holes in the walls that had just been made with his body. And then he paused, and considered the possibilities that were now before him.

[i]They probably all think I'm dead[/i] he thought, letting his armor dissolve into itself [i]I can become someone new[/i] He smiled [i]I could become the warden if I knew what he looked like[/i].

Alex tried morphing into a women he had absorbed on the island. Blond, tall, pretty. [i]To cliche[/i] he thought changing back into his typical form as he climbed through the first hole. [i]Screw it[/i] he thought as he approached the second hole.

He peered around the edge to see what was going on, forming a Whip Fist without its usual razor edge. [i]I won't kill him, I'll just knock him around a little[/i] He thought with a smile.

The tall one was once again raising his hand towards the short one with the over sized helmet, who was bent over gasping.

Without further ado, Alex launched his new appendage at his adversary and pulled him back towards himself before letting go and dodging out of the way to let him fly through the hole in the wall that he had just made with Alex's body.

[i]Kind of poetic really[/i]

TAG Spiff, Mitt, Sith, whoever.

[hr]

IC Alec Mercer [i]Cell D[/i]

[i]"What would lead you to make that conclusion?"[/i] Asked Alex's surly looking cellmate.

Alex stretched before responding, crackling his joints just for the hell of it "Well, not only did I make a powerful enemy, but I probably didn't help the overall... tension level shall we say?".

[hr]

TAG Trim, Snipehunter.

OCC ran out of things for him to be thinking about on the side. For those of you unfamiliar with Alex, a whip fist is really long and can telescope and retract at will.

8. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    The God Emperor of Mankind

His body flickered, his soul desperately grasping for the last straws of humanity within his body, for several minutes his mind was split between reality and this prison of sorts. The power which drew him was immense, uncontrolled and raw. In reality he sensed it, saw it and felt it, his time perhaps was over it might be time to let go, and so he did. His body materialized in the prison, his mind followed.
    The God Emperor reached out with his mind, he realized that he maintained some of his skills while others were either not available for him, or not active anymore.

First, it was some sort of 20th century food place, he vaguely remembered that century. He sat, observed and listened. His eyes scanning the surroundings, his mind already miles away discovering the island, which was immense. Not in material but the psychic powers the held this place were almost stronger than himself. Must be some ancient Eldar technology.

He was then assigned a cell together with some other individuals, it was long since last he interacted with any individual, long since his body had any function.. A sensation hit him, despite this seemed like a prison he was no longer conserned with the fate of humanity.
    It was.. soothing.

The God Emperor materialized in cell H, it would be interesting to meet these individuals, this..Q, and, Vam. Whoever they were.

"So... What're you two in for?"

The God Emperor smiled at the individual and answered
    "IN? THAT DEPENDS ON YOUR VIEW O-" His divine voice roared and even the psychic fabric that made up the walls surrounding them shook and a force of energy stroke like monsoon waves at his surroundings.
    "Hrm.." he cleared his throat "I apologize, it has been long since I last spoke with a mortal, I would say that we are equally out as in, at this place. It obviously does not exist in the material world, I am guessing it is built around strong psychic forces that holds it, and us, at bay. Perhaps some ancient Eldar technology.

But, perhaps you are wondering as for why I am here, your guess is as good as mine I am afraid"

he presented his hand to the man "I am.. eh.. forgive me I have long forgotten my own name but people refer to me as The God Emperor of Mankind, and you are?"

TAG: Trimaj, SITHY

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

IC: Benjamin Linus

The young woman said nothing and turned away from Ben's gaze. He didn't really care if he had confirmed her suspicions about him. After all, he had as many about her. But he saw no reason to bring them up to anyone else. Highly educated and aristocratic Roman young women were few and far between. She was almost certainly from a family connected to the nobility in some way. Let her have her secrets. At least she wasn't arguing with them.

The wizard introduced himself as Antryg Windrose. "I've spent most of my life traveling as well, although never to this universe. Assuming it is a universe, and not a realm of the dead, as the Warden claims. And even if there are no maps in the lighthouse, such a place likely gives the best view of the island, so we could begin to piece together a map of our own."

"Good point. Maybe we'll be able to see a way off the island," Ben suggested hopefully. Although he held absolutely no hope of that in reality. But doing a survey of their surroundings was something he heartily agreed with. He always felt better off knowing as much about his situation as humanly possible. You never knew what bit of information might prove useful.

When Antryg bowed obsequiously to Corinna, she merely nodded in response. Certainly a noble, Ben noted. The girl obviously wasn't terribly practiced at taking on a false persona. Otherwise she would have at least attempted to play the part.

After Antryg introduced himself to Indiana, they kept moving in the direction Corinna had indicated. Ben decided a bit of small talk was in character, as well as possibly useful for learning some things about his colleagues. "So, do any of you remember where you were before you came here? Personally I haven't got any idea. I just woke up with a foggy head and this," he pointed to his black eye. "Not to mention I had a bloody nose somewhere along the way. No idea how that happened." All of that was true enough. Although really, he had been punched in the face so many times in the past that it was practically a matter of course now. He might not remember even if he hadn't lost his memory.

TAG: Jungle group

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Gerald Tarrant, AKA The Hunter
    Cell D

A slight smile twitched his lips. He had nearly made such an enemy himself, what with the frustrations of Q. Quite possibly as exactly opposite of Vryce as possible without being evil. And that is quite an accomplishment in and of itself. And I though I was his opposite.

Looking at his fingers again for a moment, "It is our enemies who strengthen us. Unless they cause our destruction. Be careful whom you alienate. Especially in this setting, with so many unknown individuals." His eyes narrowed slightly, and his tone went very dry. "Particularly the individual who calls himself Q. A pest if ever I saw one." Looking up again, "From where d you hail?" The question was directed mainly at the hooded man, since he was the one speaking, but either could answer that.

TAG: CELL D (WINK, SNIPE)

[b][u]IC: Q[/b][/u]
    [i]Cell H[/i]

[blockquote]The sudden burst of sound didn't even faze Q. Being at the heart of explosions was louder, and even that hadn't particularly bugged him. It was just sound after all. "No harm done. Why do I get the feeling that no one really knows anything about anything in this situation? Oh well." Stroking his chin gently, "But I don't think these Eldar you mention have much of anything to do with anything in this instance. Heck, I don't think even the Continuum have anything to do with this, and that worries me."

Looking over the God Emperor, he wasn't terribly impressed. He was just a man, no matter his abilities. "Manny, I think we all may be in a lot of trouble." Flopping down on the bed, Q folded his hands behind the back of his head and lay there staring at the ceiling. "A lot of trouble."[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: CELL H (OVERLORD, SITHY)[/b]

11. WINKWINK

WINKWINK Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    IC Alec Mercer Cell D

"Our enemies strengthen us? Yeah, I suppose they do" Alex studied the man "Sounds like you learned that from abundant experience"

"And as to where I am from? that's a... difficult question to answer" Alex paused a moment looking towards the last of their little group.

"I suppose you could say I am mainly from Manhattan, or at least that's were most of my genetic material was acquired. How bout you?"

Lets see what they make of that.

TAG Trim, Snipe.

OCC sorry about how short my posts tend to be, I'm working on it.

12. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    IC: Antryg Windrose

"So, do any of you remember where you were before you came here? Personally I haven't got any idea. I just woke up with a foggy head and this. Not to mention I had a bloody nose somewhere along the way. No idea how that happened."

Antryg had had similar experiences, although when they happened, he generally regained consciousness in someplace a great deal more unpleasant than a foodless cafeteria.

As for where he'd been before the island . . . he examined his memory gingerly, like a man unwrapping the bandages around a crushed hand, fearing to find gangrene underneath. It was not the idea of recalling death that frightened him, but rather the thought of calling up some of the darker, uglier chapters of his life. In fact, the sense of timeless, placeless distraction that he'd awakened with on the island was a state he had been his preferred condition for most of his adult life. And yet, he was too much a wizard to truly value ignorance. Sooner or later, he would have to piece together the puzzle.

Fortuntely, his clearest, and perhaps most recent, memory was Joanna's couch. Somewhat reassured, he reached back beyond that tranquil scene, only to be hit with a barrage of disjointed, nightmare images: his own long-fingered hands, white with prison pallor but still possessed of a strength few guessed at, wrapping themselves around the throat of the man he had loved as a father; the hellish flame-and-amber light of the chamber where the Inquisition's agents had welded the Sigil of Darkness against his flesh; himself as a boy of fourteen or so, trembling in the black coccyx of the Dark Mage's catacombs, and rolling back the cuff of his loose white shirt, working with slow, terrible deliberation to expose the veins that had already been slit so many times. Somewhere, at the absolute nadir of that blackness, a girl even younger than Antryg was screaming. The boy knew, even as he felt his head grow light and his stomach threaten to reject his last meal, that with every turn of his crisp, linen sleeve, the child in the dark was that much closer to falling silent forever.

No . . .

On second thought, Antryg had absolutely no desire to release the whirlwind scraps of his memories at all. This island prison was rather nice actually, and if everyone here were already dead, he wasn't going to end up killing anyone, either directly or indirectly.

"No. No idea at all," he replied to Dean brightly.

"Although I can remember a rather startling fact about tortoises. Did you know that all the knowledge in the universe can be collected by studying rubbings taken from the back of the common tortoise? One does have to gather a staggering number of rubbings, of course. I have--well, had--two excellent collections myself, one in Los Angeles, and one in a prison where I was locked up for seven years. Corinna, my dear, since you seem to have the best idea of where our island's lighthouse lies, would you care to lead on? I'm sure we shall have nothing to fear once our journey is in your capable hands. Now, a box tortoise . . ."

---------------
    Tag: Jungle group

13. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Fa Mulan
    Prison Cafeteria

Mulan knelt in the snow, breathing heavily, exhaustion apparent on her face. The once pristine mountain side now resembled a battle field, Shan-yu and the Hun army buried under thousands of tons of snow and ice. An avalanche, that in a moment of part craziness part genius, she had created. She looked to the side, the Chinese army captain, Captain Li Shang knelt beside her also, equally exhausted, but relieved to be alive

"Ping! You are the craziest man I have ever met!...And for that I owe you my life..."

Her fellow soldiers began to cheers and rejoice, and Mulan smiled and took Captain Shang's hand as he helped her to stand, but suddenly a fiery pain ripped through her body, radiating from her abdomen. She gasped out in pain, and she doubled over, falling back onto her knees in the snow, her hand flying to her stomach, Captain Shang asked her what was wrong, and she pulled her hand away for a second, her hand and armour stained with her blood. Shang's eyes went wide at the sight of her injury, turning to the remaining solders he started yelling

"He's wounded! Get help!"

Mulan's vision started to blur rapidly and her body began to feel heavy as she world spun, Shang was trying to keep her conscious but it was too much and she passed out, her last memory was the look on the captains face and the words that he spoke.

"Ping! Hold on! Hold On!"

~~~

Mulan's dark eye shot open, blurry at first but eventually the world around her became clearer. lifting her head gingerly, she noticed she had been resting her head on a table of some sort, her head in her arms, asleep, like she would sometimes end up doing during her etiquette lessons. A look of shock and surprise crossed the young Chinese girls face as she surveyed the room she was in. More of tables and chairs made of strange material were placed around the room. If Mulan had to compare it to anywhere she had seen before, it was a bit like the mess tent at the imperial camp. Even stranger than the decor however, were the many people who were also dotted about the room. Mulan blinked a few times, her jaw dropping. There were other people there yes, but also other weird and wonderful entities, like a man who looked to be made out of metal, and a creature that seemed to made out of nothing but goo to name a few. A nervous lump grew in her throat.

She then turned attention to herself. Putting a hand up too her head she noticed she still had her black hair in a male topknot, but her clothes...gone was her fathers armour, what she had used to disguise herself as Ping, instead replaced with a suit of black and white stripes. There was also no sign of Mushu, her hot-headed (no pun intended) guardian dragon and his partner in crime the lucky cricket. She was here, where-ever here was, alone and confused.

She flinched and brought her hands to her ears suddenly when a screechy noise filled the room, setting her teeth on edge. A male voice echoed throughout the room.

"Welcome to the Prison. I am the Warden. You are my prisoners. All of you are sentenced to be executed."

Mulan's breath caught in her throat, Prison? Had she been discovered as a woman after the battle? Is that why she was here? Imprisoned for her actions? She knew that impersonating a man to join the army had been a massive risk, her discovery would been seen as high treason, punishable by death, and the dishonour brought upon, herself, her family, the Chinese army would have been unforgivable. The voice continued to speak, taking about morality, philosophizing over guilt and innocence which in her current stupor Mulan couldn't fully grasp what he was talking about. His next words however commanded her full attention

"I think that's all I've got to say for now... oh, wait... there's one other thing. All of you are already dead. It's your souls that are here now. It's your souls that are going to be at trial. It's your souls that will very likely be executed, broken in two and cast into oblivion. And that's all I have to

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    IC: Jack Bauer

?I don?t even need any tools. Stand aside, Petunia.?

Jack watched as the robot charged toward the door, causing it to fly off its hinges. Both the door and Bender fell to the ground in a cacophony of noise. Jack winced as any hope of a quiet surveillance went out the window.

Bender stood up and said

?That was fun. Got any other doors to break down??

Jack just shook his head in disbelief at the robot's carefree attitude and looked around the room. It certainly wasn't a kitchen or guard room. It looked instead like waste disposal. Jack surveyed the area and found a pipe large enough to fit a human... Or a robot.

Jack turned to Bender and asked "Bender, I don't suppose you've ever seen the Shawshank Redemption?"

Tag: Bender

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    IC: Benjamin Linus

In response to Ben's question, Antryg seemed to drift off a bit. Watching the man, Ben observed that this didn't seem quite the flight of fancy one might expect from the quirky fellow. In fact, his expression took on a grave cast for a few moments. Haunted, almost. The sort of thing Ben often noticed. The sort of person Ben often encountered in his line of work.

After a few moments of silence, the man snapped back into a bright expression. Another thing Ben recognized all too well. "No. No idea at all. Although I can remember a rather startling fact about tortoises. Did you know that all the knowledge in the universe can be collected by studying rubbings taken from the back of the common tortoise? One does have to gather a staggering number of rubbings, of course. I have--well, had--two excellent collections myself, one in Los Angeles, and one in a prison where I was locked up for seven years. Corinna, my dear, since you seem to have the best idea of where our island's lighthouse lies, would you care to lead on? I'm sure we shall have nothing to fear once our journey is in your capable hands. Now, a box tortoise . . ."

He wasn't sure if the others were paying much attention to the man's ramblings, but Ben was always paying attention. Sprinkled in the nonsensical were the nonchalant confessions of someone with a much darker past than might first appear. Prison, Ben noted. And seven years was not a term given out lightly. Interesting.

Though Ben wasn't quite sure the girl actually knew where the lighthouse was any better than the rest of them, he let it slide. In his unfortunate experience, arguing with a teenage girl was rather futile. "Yes, you seem to know where we're headed," he said with a smile.

To Antryg, he said, "You've been to Los Angeles? I've spent some time there myself. Not exactly the most pleasant city. Give me Florence or Cairo first. Somewhere with some history, you know? Modern cities never did much for me. But I'm a little biased." He gave a small, friendly smile. "So what was a Wizard doing in LA? I mean, they have a lot of palm readers, but wizard is a new one."

TAG: Antryg, Julia, jungle

16. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    ~~~

Hi, guys, we got a few things to cover:

1.) The issue of whether or not to allow "side characters," side meaning characters that won't be scheduled for trial, but still be around in the Prison and controlled by players. I have decided to tentatively allow this. But, it cannot be abused. All side characters must be submitted to me for approval first.

Those of you who are still thinking of adding a second main character, to be trialed, may still do so, of course. Just do it before the Tuesday 11:59pm deadline.

2.) After the Tuesday deadline, there will be another one-week period where players may switch around their main and their side characters, after having played with them, and determining which characters will have a lot of potential for interesting trial scenarios, and which ones will be better as sides.

3.) Some players have talked to me about their confusion regarding the description of the island, layout of everything, etc... I did mention in the game's starting post that I was not going to go into very much specifics, but if you want me to, for the sake of organization and unity, I will. What do you all think? If I get a general sense of approval from most of you, I'll work on something and post it later this weekend.

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: And my power has been restored.

Apparently a tornado went through a neighboring town yesterday afternoon and wiped out power to 10,000 people. Let's just say it was an interesting night. I see I have quite a bit to read in order to catch up, but expect a post from me later on tonight. [face_peace]

18. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Wow, I'm glad you're alright and back, Steph!

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: wow. happy you're ok steph.

and i would definitely like to have at the very least a basic layout/description of things. just to have some sense of unity about things.

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    OOC: Steph: Are you in CT? We had a tornado go through here yesterday afternoon. Anyway, glad you're ok :)

21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Sorry, but a cell won?t be big enough for the Vam to share.

IC: The Vam

?The Vam is about to be destroyed? The armoured food threatened, giving The Vam the perfect opportunity to strike.

The someone intervened, and the scene faded.

When The Vam could see again, and noted that he now occupied a claustrophically enclosed space, his first action was to relax, And Out... semi-liquid flanks overwhelming the bunk beds and the plastic bucket, slapped into the three sides of the cell, and black bubbly slime bulged through the bars at the front to about a foot.

It was tight, but The Vam figured this was as comfortable as he was going to get until he got out again.

The Vam frowned as he sensed a voice from somewhere inside his mass. ?IN? THAT DEPENDS ON YOUR VIEW O-.
    "Hrm.. I apologize, it has been long since I last spoke with a mortal, I would say that we are equally out as in, at this place. It obviously does not exist in the material world, I am guessing it is built around strong psychic forces that holds it, and us, at bay. Perhaps some ancient Eldar technology.
    But, perhaps you are wondering as for why I am here, your guess is as good as mine I am afraid. I am.. eh.. forgive me I have long forgotten my own name but people refer to me as The God Emperor of Mankind, and you are?
    ?

?What the hey?? The Vam looked inwards, and, ?Oh hey, didn?t see you there. Can you and, uh, your little friend, can you two breathe in there??

Tag: God Emperor, Q

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Lord Dark Helmet
    Cafeteria

The sites, the sounds, the breaking of walls. So many seconds worth of horrible memories of flying through the air himself ran through his head. "Oh, I know how that fe-"

Suddenly for a moment nothing came out, not a peep, nothing as his throat constricted. Wasteful, absolutely wasteful. Shaking his head he felt the air return as if the tiny helmeted giant had changed it's mind. . .only to moments later feel the conscriction return slowly like that time he had eaten the forbidden food. Raspberries.

Raising his own hand he droped it and sent the flash of green light to glow about the tiny helmets waist. Seeming almost to dance the Swartz contracted quickly, faster than Druidian a bank teller after a large deposit, crushing down on that point that in any man contains a lingering exposed weakness.

TAG: Vam, Alex, Vader

23. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    The God Emperor
    Cell H

Before The God Emperor could respond to the man who, clearly was not used to the 'shaking-hands' custom and presenting himself a.. thing devoured him and wondered if he could breathe.
    He smiled courteously, grateful that the being was concerned with his wellbeing even though he doubted that the being could see it.

"Thank you for your concern large being, but worry not. Breathing is not an issue in this place since we physically really aren't here at all."

The God Emperor then turned back his attention to the other man "I would assume that the trial will only be trouble for those who have 'sinned'. If you know by heart that you have not, then there is no need to worry is there? Given that this 'warden' holds the same subjective morals and ethics that you have that is, - if not, then yes.. Perhaps you, me, we, are in big trouble."

TAG:Sithy, Trimaj

24. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    OOC: Welcome back, Steph!

"You've been to Los Angeles? I've spent some time there myself. Not exactly the most pleasant city. Give me Florence or Cairo first. Somewhere with some history, you know? Modern cities never did much for me. But I'm a little biased." He gave a small, friendly smile. "So what was a Wizard doing in LA? I mean, they have a lot of palm readers, but wizard is a new one."

"Well, the world itself is magicless," Antryg said, seamlessly interrupting his own monologue about tortoises. "Or at least it is as far as I've been able to ascertain. Perhaps it was different once, long ago, and palm readers are the last vestige left. A sort of vocational folk memory, as it were. I've worked as a sort of palm reader myself, in L.A. and elsewhere. All the job really requires is that one be a very good guesser, and fortunately guessing works just as well in L.A. as anywhere.

"As for how I found myself in that place . . . it's rather a thorny tale, but the essence of it is that I had to find myself another universe in a hurry. Luckily for me, I have a friend who makes her home in Los Angeles, and she was kind enough to offer me asylum. Doubtless there are cities with more charm--no well-born man in Mellidane considers his house complete without a roof garden and a cleverly-channeled irrigation system ending in a inner pool, for example--but all things considered, L.A. has done very well for me. Other than the occasional untimely abduction, of course."

---------------

Tag: Ben, jungle group

=======================================================

Cell E

One moment Antryg had been going about his business, getting a sense of his new companions and exploring the prison island, and the next, he was . . . here.

Once the initial confusion wore off, the lone barred face of the little room and the presence of two unfamiliar cellmates left little doubt as to where he was: his "cell assignment," which had only a letter of the alphabet for a name, and which also housed--what had the Warden said their names were? Loke and Shaggy. That was it. At a guess, the unkempt youth with an indifferent-to-middling attempt at a goatee was "Shaggy." That meant the young man with the fur collar and the tinted glasses must be Loke.

However, the presence of either man was initially overshadowed by the torrential outpouring of energy Antryg could sense coursing through the matter of the room--if in fact, the room was technically made of matter at all. Any substance Antryg had ever encountered ought to be wildly unstable under these conditions.

Gingerly, he placed his fingertips against the wall, only to draw them back as if he had touched something hot. Something other than ordinary bricks and mortar was holding this place together, and Antryg could just guess at how effective his magic would be at shifting, melting, or dissolving it.

Still, at least the Warden hadn't hung a giant Sigil of Darkness just outside the door. To the extent that this cell might be escape-proof, it was due to power in the grayish, anonymous-looking walls themselves, and not dependent on actively sucking the magic out of its occupants.

This was something of an improvement.

And who knew--maybe those thaumaturgically-superheated walls weren't as impenetrable as they seemed. Antryg drew his hands into the long sleeves of his striped uniform, so his bare flesh wouldn't have to come into contact with the pulsing, invisibly-crackling matter of the cell.

He spent a few moments studying the apparent welds and joins in the bars of the door, as well as its disappointingly well-made hinges and hard-to-access lock box. Refusing to be entirely discouraged, he grabbed hold of the bars in one upper corner and pulled, while kicking at the door's opposite, lower corner. He struggled at this for some time before it became painfully obvious that the door was simply not going to wrench on its hinges. Feeling somewhat less hopeful, he tried interfering with the bars

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Jungle

Iulia Caesaris filia Imperatoris Caii Iulii Caesaris Augusti

Din Moriarti and Windroz were blathering on about some trivialities that didn't concern Julia. They had decided that she ought to be the one to direct them through the jungle, as if cavorting through the wilds was supposed to be her business. As far as she was concerned, one of these minions ought to be the one to direct her. Still, they clearly needed her help and she would not shirk the burden of command--she would lead these benighted people and take them to their deliverance, because that is what she had been born to do.

She was glad that she wore some sort of cheap uniform, as the others did, simply because all the mud and grime from this accursed jungle had already begun to stain her shoes and her lower pant legs. What sort of place was this, abandoned by all the gods? Nothing like this existed within the entirety of the Empire, and Julia only knew of jungles through traders who visited the far eastern lands of the Indus--but they had described majestic trees filled with the music of beautiful and exotic animals.

This was evidently nothing of the sort. The others talked about things that Julia cared not about, but she quietly led them through the jungle, dodging under fallen tree trunks, daintily jumping over creeks or fording streams when necessary, and walking around rocks and rises in the land. Julia kept noticing movement out of the corner of her eyes, as if they were being followed, but nothing ever came of it. It was unimportant, at any rate. Eventually, they came to a rock outcropping that looked like a gloriously majestic lighthouse.

Except it wasn't. It was just a rock.

Julia leaned over to catch her breath while gripping her knees with her hands, and thought about what to do next. Windroz and Moriarti weren't going to be much help, seeing as they had asked a seventeen year-old girl to guide them, grown men, through a jungle. That left the other man, who looked considerably more virile than the other two. His name was Indiana Jonz, she recalled.

She straightened and looked at Jonz. "I'm not at all sure where we're meant to be..."

TAG: HS29 and the jungle people

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.