main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Welcome to the 24 hours a day StarBucks!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Mar 25, 2002.

1. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    ECHO ECHO ECHO!!!! :)

To quote Pink Floyd: "Hello, hello, hello,...is there anybody in there,...just nod if you can hear me,...is there anyone home!"

BTW, DOA was fun, hot chicks kicking butt, works for me! ;) The Streefighter movie was not too bad either. It really tried storywise, but the angle about Bison was a bit much. Still it was worth the Netflix rental.

Heh! You know what, if we held our next meeting on the 2nd Sunday of September the scroll would actually be right! :D

~DZ

2. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Since our "Collecting" thread is still locked, I figured I'd just post my recent collecting thoughts here for the time being. I've been enjoying all of the new vehicle reviews from RebelScum that TFN has been posting but while some vehicles seem to be priced fairly, some just seem outrageously jacked up! For example, the new AT-ST is listed with a Retail price of $39.99, thats not too bad, I mean it does come with a new AT-ST driver and it is a greater improvement over the original. AT-ST

Also fairly priced at $49.99 is the new Red 2/Red Leader/Rogue Squadron X-Wing that comes with Wedge Antilles and an Astromech Droid. Not too bad since you get a pretty big ship, 2 figures, 2 ladders, and whatnot. X-Wing

Whats crazy is the $64.99 price for the new CW Y-Wing Bomber! It doesn't come with any figures, sure its got lots of gadgets and whatnots, and its progressively larger then the X-Wing or ARC-170 Fighter, but $65 bucks?! I was psyched to get this, but at that price, I may pass and/or wait until I see it for less either in stores, online or on eBay. CW Y-Wing Bomber

Don't even get me started about the $17.00 build a DarkTrooper 2 packs at Walmart! The figures are pretty much all repacks of some not too interesting figures plus some more useless droids; I'm basically waiting for these to go on clearance like the last round of 2 packs then I'll pick them up.

Anyway, just wanted to vent some of my collecting frustrations with Hasbro's ever increasing prices. Thankfully the AT-ST and X-Wing seem to be fairly good deals for their prices.

~DZ

3. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh yeah, check this out everybody! The ending of Return of the Jedi with an inappropriate soundtrack! Nothing dirty, just music that wouldn't necessarily fit the ending. Definitely would have been a different feel to the ending of this movie if this song was used.

Return of the Jedi

There's a couple of these for ANH, but this one had me laughing out loud for real! :D

Also thought I'd repost the link to the Ballad of G.I.Joe just incase it got missed when I had originally posted it!

the Ballad of G.I.Joe

Enjoy!

~DZ

4. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    The Ballad of GI Joe is hilarious!! I don't know how we missed the link last time. Chris and I got quite a kick out of it. It was more enjoyable than the movie, for sure...

5. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Uh, anyone check out our SVRF website lately??? It's great if you want to buy some cable or satellite TV...not such a great site for SW fans though. That's sad. :(

6. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I concur with the statement above.

One of these days i will make my apprent-ask the senate to act more in these boards. I know there is more than 1 voice of teh people that would like to speak here openly[face_devil] .

7. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Together we make two voices...from the same house. Get the people riled up, Chancellor. Make them spake!!

8. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    I second that. :) or is that Third?

9. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Hi Rogues! I'v been experiencing technical difficulties at home. My PC won't stay on anymore. Every time I turn it on, it loads like norm then it just shuts off.
    So, here I am at lunch at wk catching up. Been talking w/ M. Wood about the show coming up. There was a chance of him staying at like maybe Chris & Tara's place for the night he's here, but, fortunately, I got the promoter to pay for his hotel(Yippie!!!) He's gonna be staying at the same hotel as the SW guys.
    Collecting wise has been rather lean on my end. I have however recently aquired some figs & comics. Kimmie just found Commander Gree & Denal from the new Clone Wars line at TARGET while she was at lunch. At the SacCon this last Sunday was really nice, it was a flashback show of the old'n days: JUST COMICS & TOYS! I apologize for posting this event up earlier. Since SacAnime has moved to the Radisson, this event happened to be anime-free. One of the vandors Chris was nice enough to exhibit his collection of old/rare comics like: 1st appearances/issues of IronMan, Hulk, X-Men, Batman, Phantom, Joker(Really Impressive).
    For the WallyWorld Droid Factory exclusives is rather weak, the only one I really want would be the Maul since he comes w/I-5(coolest protocol droid out there-he even comes w/ blue max). I'm almost done w/ my room(about a year later again). Just have a couple more ships to hang then I can start on the diorama on the tables.
    On other news, I'm still waiting for my nephew Trystyn to pop out of my sis. He was actually due yesterday, the doc said that she's 3, to come in on Friday for the weekend, if he's still not ready by then, they are going to induce it on Monday. So, she might just be laboring on Labor Day.

Vos

10. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Uh oh Vos, sounds to me like your home PC might have a virus. I had the same thing happen to me a while back but was able to fix it by starting up in safe mode, doing a system restore and then updating my AntiVirus settings. So far she's been purring like a kitten and hopefully she's safe too.

I saw the Maul one of the DarkTrooper 2pks and he did look cool, but I think he's just a repack from the Evolutions set isn't he? I liked the Grievous one, but only because he comes with a more accurate cape, still can't justify the $17 for a new cape for Grievous though. If they drop to $10 or lower, which they most likely will, then I'll go for it.

Picked up another Commandser Ponds to open today at TRU and the first season of G.I.Joe cartoons at Target! Gonna watch some Joe cartoons tonight with some PSA's! Because as we all know, "knowing is half the battle!" Yo Joe! :D

What happened to the SVRF site?! Don't tell me it was destroyed by the Empire?! :eek:

~DZ

11. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Hey I better not be feeling any eyes on me about the website. ;) I think the payment was made for only a year.

12. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Sounds like more then one budget needs to be addressed then... -rimshot-

-TJ

13. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    DOUBLEPOST!

Wanted to let everyone know my G4 is also having a snit fit... I think the ethernet might've given out on it after 7 years. Ironically, I don't think I used it for the 3 or 4 of them. The upside is my Dad's coming to look at it before he leaves for Hawai'i... the downside is it's under the heatsink inside the case and probably fused to the motherboard. Gotta love Macs... the BMW's of Computers: dont hardly ever break, but when they do you better hope you have a loooooot of Gold Pressed Latinum.

-TJ

14. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    And of course... Dad got it to work. Huzzah!

-TJ

15. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey All,

Just wanted to know if a labor day BBQ somewhere is still on the books? I think we had mentioned maybe doing something like that at the last meeting, so I thought I'd check to see if that got squashed or not?

~DZ

16. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    The bbq has been squashed, we will discuss more about this and other things at the next meeting.

17. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Which is when again? :p

-TJ

18. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    Let's see......what would next weekend be[face_thinking] Yep just i thought it would be the 2nd saturday.

Remember all officers there will an officers meeting before this meeting so be there at 12, the rest of you i expect to be there at 1.

19. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    That's too bad about the bbq, anyway hope everyone has a fun and safe labor day weekend!

I think I might be taking it easy then since next weekend we have our meeting on Saturday and Viki and I are going to the Capital air show on Sunday! I'm going to post a thread with the info for the Capital and the Redding air shows. Captial air show is going to have the Air Force's precision flying team the Thunderbirds (F-16's) and the Redding air show features the Navy's Blue Angels (F-18's)! Both should be fun and are close enough for all!

~DZ

20. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    Hi Rogues,
    Well, I'm off the hospital. My sis Karina is now at 6cm, so, my nephew might arrive around noon. I'll keep you guys posted...

Vos

21. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] *needs a coffee*, hey everyone

22. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    So you DO exist! Where were you last weekend mr man?! We missed you at the meeting! [face_shame_on_you]

Hope everything is okay, and we'll see you at the show next week, right? :confused:

-TJ ;)

23. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    Yatta!!!

I finally finished the "Beast"! My room is done!?! More in time it would acquire sure I am. (Yodaish laugh:mheph-mhepf-pf!)
    Had a friend who's a pro photo guy came in and took some pics of my room. We're gonna dl them tomorrow & run the CL scene the ps to touch them up & submit them to Hasbro.
    Once we dl the pics, I'll post them. Ok, now back to football. Going bwtn SD & SF games.

Vos

24. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Howdy dudes (and dudettes)

Been a little AWOL lately but am hoping to make it to the festivities on the 10th.

Miss hanging with my Sac peeps and hope to see you soon.

25. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    It's good to see you on boards again Bith!
    Hey Tina,
    I know I already called you, but, had to spread the word. At the Spirit stores contest board that has the CV logo, it has Ken(ElvisTrooper) on the top & you're around the middle-left of Boba in the Princess Leia shot from CIV. Below near the SW logo are the slave Leia's. It's on a B/W background behind Boba.

Vos