main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Welcome to the 24 hours a day StarBucks!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Mar 25, 2002.

1. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm not sure what I want to see more... the Brosnan-era double entendres about lego pieces with lots of "clever" one liners, or a brooding serious Daniel Craig bond... as a lego character.

-TJ

2. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Ok so I am super psyched about the new AT-AT that is coming out for the 3 3/4 line! It holds up to 20 figures, six in the head alone! I'm looking so forward to getting this! The other cool thing I saw from the Toy Fair review was the Force FX lightsabers with removable blades! SWEET!!! If only they would make Palpatine's saber!

Also, did you guys see the Lightsaber Flash Mob video yet!? Pretty funny! Got me thinking, it would be kind of cool to pull one of those off in Sac or maybe SF?! The YouTube link to it is on the main TFN page if you haven't seen the vid.

Anyway, thats all for me for now!
    Later,
    DZ

3. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Hi Rogues!
    How is everyone?
    I was a lil bad today: went to WallyWorld to get some cough drops & found clearance galore!
    The Dewback/SandTrooper were $10, AT-ST(Chicken Walkers) are $20, & best of all was the Turbo Tank at a whooping $49.
    Note: Some Wally's have the Dew/ST still for $30.

If anyone is interested, Empire Comics on Arden Way is having a sale today.

HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Vos

4. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow, those are steals! I checked my Wally World up here and Dewbacks are still $30, but the Evolutions are only $10 now! I may need to pick up that new Imperial pilot one or maybe another of the Clones with Alpha and Fi if they have any by next payday!

We should really get that collecting thread of ours unlocked! ;)

~DZ

5. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] hello everybuddy, just passin by

later

6. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] oh can someone please pm me about the next meeting.

7. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    Hi Russ,

nothing has changed about the meeting, just check the upper or lower scroll, still 2nd Sat at the same "BAT" place & same "BAT" time as always. Hope to see you at the next meet.

8. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, Batman! :D

9. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey All,

The new Star Wars McDonalds Happy Meal meal toys have started, if you're into those! Picked up Anakin and the Jedi Starfighter today. 2 down 6 to go. Now to go and defend McWorld from Vader, or do I really want to defend McWorld?!

~DZ

10. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    I know! And I HATE McDonalds, but, suddenly find myself craving a 6-piece foam nuggets Happy Meal. I know they let you buy just the toy, it just isn't the same. Do the HM boxes have SW stuff on it as well???

Vos

ps: I thinks I went a lil to strong on the hate... NO, No I didn't, I still don't like the food/company. However, find it very ironic that every Halloween we go to his house(4 the kids of course, but, still, ironic).

11. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Yeah, I figure just to be polite I'll most likely have to eat 1 happy meal per 2 toys, sometimes they get a bit annoyed when you just go in to buy the toys. As for the happy meal boxes, more like bags, which blows. I know its good for the environment because the bags are made from recycled materials or they are bio degradable, but I miss the smiling boxes. But yeah, they have some SW stuff on them, though they are splitting this promotion with iCarly, so girls can get an iCarly toy if they want. I know, what are you trying to say RONALD?! That girls can't like SW?! :D

They are pretty fun toys but smaller then the BK ones from a few years back. But then you can go on their McWorld site and use the codes you get off the toys to supply your avatar with SW gear, which is cool. I currently have a blue lightsaber, an AT-AT, an X-Wing that I earned playing SW games and a free R2 Droid! My avatar looks like a Wookiee/Wampa too. So if you ever see "WookieeMonster" stomping around McWorld in his AT-AT, say hey because that's me.

~DZ

12. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Hello everyone!

Just thought I would stop in a say hi. Wow there are so many new faces.

Did you guys know when you click the "Sacramento Valley Rouge Force" link on the main FanForce USA-Pacific goes to a Rugby page??????

Anyway... Hi everyone. Hope there are still a few here that remember me. LOL :p

13. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey lady! Good to see you come and say "hi" once and awhile. We do know about the page redirecting to the rugby team as we let the domain revert back to the webhost some time ago... we're using Facebook at the moment because it takes the burden of webmastering out of the equation and seems to have just enough built in functionality for socializing and what not.

Don't be a stranger and hope you're doing well! You can always PM one of us if you have more questions, too. ;)

-TJ

14. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey All,

In case anyone wants to come up to Chico tonight, the downtown movie theater the El Rey is playing the Big Lebowski tonight at 8 and 11! I'm going to the 8pm showing and its only $4. The 1st Tim Burton Batman also plays today at 3 and 6 if anyone wants to check that out.

the Big Lebowski

I know its a little bit of a drive up to see a flick, but its the Dude on the big screen! Anyway, the Dude abides.

~DZ

15. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    So how about those Oscars?! I was hoping that the Hurt Locker would get best picture, I really enjoyed that and talk about revenge on your ex, your small little almost indy film wins over his billion dollar 3D movie and you get the best director Oscar too! ;)

I was happy to see Christoph Waltz win for Inglorious Bastards, as despicable as his character was, the way he played him was brilliant and made me like that character, so I was routing for him! That's a Bingo!

I was also happy to see "the Dude" finally get his Oscar for Best Actor! I think he and John Goodman should have been nominated and won the Best Actor and Best Supporting actor Oscars for the Big Lebowski, but I'm glad to see he got it for Crazy Heart! I really liked this movie, and his performance in it was excellent.

I thought the tribute to John Hughes was sweet, his films are always so fun to watch. And hey Star Trek won an Oscar for makeup! Right on! Go Trekkies!

~DZ

16. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I was very happy to see Jeff Bridges nominated, and really happy that he won. The Oscars were alright, i think Star Trek was actually robbed for a few of the nominations they had.

It's nice to see some activity on these boards, Zemog you are great addition to this band of rebel scum. I am also glad to see some old icons and names making appearances here too.

17. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] hey everyone, sorry i can't make the meeting this weekend, I some how got the chicken pox again then my brother kept hanging around me even when my mom and dad tried to tell him and he got them too. So i'm confined to my room for a couple weeks so ya know (i'm one of percent that get sick with stuff twice) [face_tired] [face_chicken] I hate this year (09/10) I've been sick alot, ..then this

sorry for going on

later

18. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Hi Russ. Chicken pox is especially nasty when you're an adult. I hope you feel better soon!

19. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] hey Leia, thanks

20. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    I think this has been the sickest year ever. I mean that in the literal sense. [face_frustrated] I have more hacking disgustingness going on in my house AGAIN right now. I can't wait for it to get nice so I can open some windows and air the germies out of the house.

I posted about a possible get together in the meeting thread. Hope everyone can make it. I miss seeing you all.

21. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    One of my buddies from work sent me this link to G4's preview of a Star Wars Burlesque show. Can't decide if this is cool or just bizarre! Then again, when I was leaving Wonder con Friday night there was a girl outside promoting a Superheroes themed Burlesque show at the D&A lounge, so I guess its becoming a thing.

Star Wars Burlesque

~DZ

22. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    SKKKKIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSHSHSHSHSHHSHSHSHSHSHSH... Ekim pulls a long fill of his mug, leaving a few inches of foam on top. He inhales the heady bubble and vapor fizzing and carbonating off the top of his 44oz glass. He then leans on the bar, lets out a deep sigh, and belches like a wookie the next morning after big Life Day party. Then, he speaks:

"HELLO ROGUES! How the hell are ya?! Next FIVE rounds are on me!"

23. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    heh heh heh.

-runs to the back, runs out the door with one pallet of his poison of choice-

That's one round for me...

-runs back in, repeats-

That's two....

;)

Good to hear from you, sir! I'm currently enjoying honey nut chex and get to go to work. Wooooo! /sarcasm

-TJ

24. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    good morning TJ- I got lucky with a AM bailiff spot, let's see if it lasts. You still working at Safeway?

25. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    This wasn't nearly as sexy as I thought it would be....and the girls aren't what I pictured -- at all. Their names are all pretty amusing, however. I think they should have put the Slave Leia costume on a dancer with much bigger assets. ;) Interesting, though.