main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Welcome to the 24 hours a day StarBucks!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Ekim! It's so good to hear from you. You need to try to make it to a meeting. We'd all love to see you in the flesh.

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    [image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs172.snc3/19951_263967761420_611126420_4866251_7708026_n.jpg]

3. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
  4. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Hey Rogues! I got me a bailiff job for the day again! Alas, too infrequent, for this is my favorite job: waiter with a gun! And of course the whole "Cor Sec" factor is nice too (COuRt SECurity [face_cowboy] ).

Yes JD, I definitely want to attend a meeting again THIS YEAR [face_beatup] . I will try for next month, though I bet Ethan has a baseball game and/or my NOW 15 year old Ella has an ALL DAY volleyball tournament. You got kids, so I know you feel my pain/I meant joy! joy at parenting! Yes HAHAHAHAAHAHA JOY [face_hypnotized]

I hope everybody doing well. I am still recovering from a motorcycle accident last August, but it is not that bad. They totalled me ride, but for cosmetic value damage only. I bought a KLR 650 dual sport (dirt bike) and now I ride that. Much lighter, and no worries about scratches and dents.

I have been toooo consumed with work concerns lately to read any of our genre's fiction, but I have greatly enjoyed the cartoons. I look forward to another Karen Travis book about Kal Skirata's AWOL clone commando family. LOOOVE THAT stuff. Looking forward to live action show, no matter what direction it takes.

May the force be with you!

[image=http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2007/KLR650/spec_red.jpg]
    Ekim

5. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey all,

I dare you not to laugh at this clip! I'm guessing its from some old VHS interactive Star Trek game. So funny!

You! The one who is moving now!

Also, behold the might of the Empires latest weapon! The Bacon AT-AT!!! Gloriously delicious!

Bacon AT-AT

~DZ

6. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Just saw this on the main page:

Disney's Thomas Smith announced today that the ride (Star Tours) will close at Disneyland Park on July 27th and at Disney's Hollywood Studios on September 8th.

Anyone planning on going down to Disneyland prior to 7/27 to ride the original Star Tours with the original Captain Rex and try a few more times to make it to Endor?!

~DZ

7. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    don't forget that Captain EO is coming back to Disneyland too...

[image=http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/202/3/6/Captain_EO_Forever_by_valaryc.jpg]

8. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Saw it this Spring with my kids. MJ was... MJ. Gonna miss Star Tours. They should reload it and add 3-4 different trips in the old shuttle. Keep one original, and the rest new. It is old basic computer technology- make a new short film, and tune the shuttle to dance to the music.

9. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    but a dead celebrity is apparently more appealing then a dead franchise.

-TJ[face_whistling]

10. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Anyone planing on seeing the Last Airbender, or the REAL Avatar! I'm a huge fan of the animated series they played on NicToons, so I'm sure the live action representation wont be that great, not liking the choices of actors for most of the characters, Kitana and Soka for starters, but I am just curious enough to check it out for a cheap matinee. I think I'm going to check out the early show tomorrow up here in Chico.

Also, Predators comes out on the 12th! Maybe time for another group movie outing for that one?! "Over here,...over here....turn around, turn around,.....Ha Ha Ha Ha!" Okay that was dialog from the 1st one, but that is the best one after all! ;)

~DZ

11. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Happy 4th of July to you all!!! Hope everyone is enjoying the day and doing either something fun or relaxing!

The Last Airbender was,.....ok. Too fast, no real character development, and not very impressive "bending" special effects (sorry ILM). Lots of pretty Tai-Chi though, so there's that, oh and kids get to see what someone looks like when they drown, so there's that too. Anyway, its a rental IMHO and people are better off watching the animated series to really get the whole story!!! Animated series A+++++++, live action movie, C-.

Later,
    DZ

12. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    -ahem-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Asjh-HjRE

-TJ

13. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    also... 6% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes for Last Airbender. In the words of the great fishman in the sky...

IT'S A TRAP

-TJ

14. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    Tara and I saw the Last Airbender or Avatar as it should be titled(suck that Cameron). We actually really liked it, the movie was well done, no academy awards are in it, but it was still enjoyable.

15. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    in the words of the infamous roger ebert... "well, i haven't seen or experienced X, and so I shouldn't express with any real authority by my opinion, but i can still think it sucks".

I'm glad people are enjoying it regardless of whether I like it, naturally, I just have heard such bad things I wouldn't hazard the time or money to go see it on my own. ;P

-TJ

16. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    We almost didn't go to see it for the same reason, TJ. We had just heard so much negativity about it we thought we might hold off. However, our curiosity got the best of us, and maybe -- just maybe-- because our expectations were so low, we were pleasantly surprised. It was certainly not spectacular, but it was pretty fun. I'm really glad we saw it.

17. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    I saw pars of Last Airbender last Friday night whilst working off-duty sheriff. Could NOT get into it. Tooooooo much dialogue I believe. Special effects strong, story OK, but dialouge was a major drawback. Just NOT written well.

It felt like the script was written by economists or something- all detailed doom and gloom, with boring language abounding.

18. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I guess I had too high of expectations, but I was really keeping an open mind even after seeing the cast. Just couldn't get by all the stuff wrong with this movie to really enjoy it. Hopefully someone else will do the next one, that is if it makes enough to warrant making the next book, box office is pretty weak for this one, go figure.

~DZ

19. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    I saw Predators yesterday and it ruled! FINALLY a great Predators movie since the lacking AVP films and a good summer film since Ironman 2!!! If you haven't seen this one, go out and catch it, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Robert Rodriguez does an excellent job capturing the feel of the original Predator and definitely tips his hat to it as well, notice the song 1st played as the ending credits start to roll! "Hey Blaine, strap this on your sore-ass!" LOL Very cool, and definitely makes up for the duds Jonah Hex and the Last Airbender.

~DZ

20. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Cyrus was pretty funny, Viki and I saw it on Saturday at the Tower, if yu have a chance to catch it, I say go for it. Anyway, Office Space is playing up here in Chico at the El Rey theater for only $5 on Friday and Saturday at 8:30 and 11:00pm if anyone is interested. If you work or have ever worked in a cubicle type job, you know this movie is awesome! TPS reports and all! ;)

Office Space

I know its not comic con, but little pleasures are fun too!

~DZ

21. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I saw CYRUS. It was pretty funny, but I guess I was waiting to find out exactly what was wrong with the guy.

Although I guess still breastfeeding at like 4 might have something to do with it.

22. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey All,

So I thought I'd post this here, some rare SW pics that you usually don't see. Most from the movies, but a couple from the Rolling Stone cover shoot and who can spot the one from the Holiday Special?! 10+ SW Geek points to the first one that chimes in correctly! Also, Carrie Fisher was HOT!!! Enjoy!

Rare SW Pics

Also, I have to agree with the author of this article that this is pretty f'ing weird even for myself and I'm a HUGE SW nerd! I mean I love SW, I just don't "love" SW if you get my drift. And on a side note, DAMN for the "Adrianne Curry" Latex Imperial Officer! That's one way to drum up more Imperial recruits. Rebels -10 for allowing this to happen to R2, Imperials +10 for the hottie officer.

I think we're in trouble!

Anyway, just some random SW fun. So check it out or I will start punching Ewoks! C'mere Yub Yub!!! ;)

~DZ

23. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Uh, gotta agree on the Carrie pic..the one profile pic with her in the bikini is probably the most gorgeous picture I've ever seen of her. And now that we have Ms Curry in the Imperial Officer costume, I think I'll just leave my polyester version hanging in the closet, thank you very much. Dang, she does the bad guys proud.

Fun pics, DZ!

24. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Yeah, I love that shot of Carrie too! I also like the shot of the Sand Troopers with their buckets off and the one of Mark, Carrie, Harrison and the Taun Taun!

Latex Imperial officers or Fem Troopers, which is hotter?! Decisions, decisions! [face_thinking]

~DZ

25. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    My vote is for the latex...you can hide a lot of ugly under the armor. [face_sick]