main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Welcome to the 24 hours a day StarBucks!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Mar 25, 2002.

1. FluukeStarbucker

FluukeStarbucker Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    I need help, I keep going to bookstores and reading excerpts from the AOTC novel. How can I stop this?

2. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Don't go to the bookstores! Or get hypnotized, and get the order of "everytime I take up the novel, I have to go blind." That oughta work.

3. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    I love the fact we manage to post all through the nights and early mornings. :D

I could use a white mocha this morning. Why doesn't starbucks deliver??

Stay firm in the face of spoilers!!!

4. Sac-Town-Knight

Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    My son just turned 2 and is in LOVE with SW. I got him an AOTC visual dictionary. I couldn't resist taking a peek. I saw lots of things I didn't want to see yet, but I can say that we're in store for some cool #?%!

5. FluukeStarbucker

Apr 28, 2002
    Thanks Bright Sith, I'll do that. I'm quite new here and I spent the better part of last night reading the postings. Does anyone have any info on ticket sales? All they tell you at Century is go to fandango.com. Of course, I've gone there and no dice. I'm just wondering if anyone knows anyone in the cinema industry that knows something. Maybe we should send some Bothan spies to find out. And another question, has anyone heard if there's going to be another midnight showing. I was at Century 14 by Arden last time and that was cool. I was so pissed that I couldn't get midnight tickets and could only get 1am tickets. There were some cuties there, if I recall. I'm going to have to use my Jedi mind tricks (pick up lines) this time. Ex: Hey baby, wanna hold my lightsaber? If I'm lucky, I might be called a scoundrel. Alright, I've written enough.

6. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    I'm not sure I'd go with the lightsaber line. Of course, I just re-wrote part of a Barenaked Ladies song ("If I Had A Million Dollars") so it was about a girl in choir I like, and played it in the "pop" section of our concert this afternoon....

7. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Oh brother, fluuke. I'd drop the light saber line pretty quick. Try something nicer like "Are you an angel?"

No, nobody knows for certain if we'll have a midnight release and where we'll all be watching it. It's assumed that's what Lucasfilm is doing, but we don't know. They better tell us soon! :D

8. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    OMG!!!! I have my own action figure at celebration 2 !!!

SACUL THE ACTION FIGURE

Thanks to Carbon Knight for the heads up on that.

second link wont work for some odd reason but here it is for cut and paste.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=swsaga/c2-sacul_card.jpg

Are any of the 501st going to C2? I gotta get this figure.

9. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    Cool, cool. You need to fix the 2nd link, though.

10. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    good news guys! i won't be needin' the pickup lines anymore! :cool:

for the spoiler problem, just do what i stated earler: think of girls.

go jeremy! when's the next time yer comin' home? i may be able to work up a nice scheme for you... muahaha...

11. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Holy cow! You are an action figure, sacul! That's awesome. And your mind is thinking just like George's mind. That's cool. :D

12. Bryan2306

Bryan2306 Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    I wish I had an action figure of me!

It would be pretty killer...it would come with spiky hair that would shoot off at my enemies, and a ultra-heavy bag of books to hurl around as well.

I think there would be two versions of it, with different goodies with each, "Metal Concert" and "Chemistry Lab Lockdown"

Sorry, I am just bored as hell here at work!

13. Capt_Crunch

Capt_Crunch Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    <First time in an e-Star Bucks. It feels kind of like those Western movies when a stranger walks into a saloon and all the locals stare - their eyes sizing up his every move.>

Uh... hi. I'm kind of new around these parts. Looking for a man named Crutag. Rumor has it that his new trailer has been released. Anyone seen it?

14. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    good news guys! i won't be needin' the pickup lines anymore!
    Elvish: explain. PM or e-mail me. Or call.

15. FluukeStarbucker

Apr 28, 2002
    Dear Diary,

It's been a long 1,076 days since I first saw Episode I. My Episode one t-shirts have holes in them and I await another 15 days for a new chapter. It's been cold lately, but there have been signs of hope. I see the light coming upon me. I have been tempted to see into the future by going to various merchants and looking upon their future telling novels on their shelves. Blast them. I will have patience. Until Tomrrow, the storm stirs silently on the horizon.

16. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    16 days and counting YIPPPPPPIEEEEE!!!

starting to feel the rush now.

17. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Lol Bryan!

I know what you mean, fluuke!

18. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    Someone stop me I found the script online while I was looking for something else.

I starting reading for a second....must fight urge....

*runs away screaming.

19. FluukeStarbucker

Apr 28, 2002
    Ok, I think I need to start a support group for those who have a hard time staying away from the novel and spoilers. Just do what I do in the mean time: spray pepper spray in your eyes so you can't read anything. Once the burning stops, it's still hard to see clearly for a while. I have to go buy spiderman tickets for Friday, if there are still some left. If not, I think I'll go see Glitter again. I like that Mariah Carey.

20. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Hello everyone. I need a triple mocha to help me forget about all the money I lost in Reno the last couple of days! And to think it was supposed to be a vacation. Hey there Captain Crunch. It is good to see a newcomer around here. Welcome, please sit down and let me buy you a drink.

21. sithtwin

sithtwin Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2002
    Hi Capt_Crunch,
    Welcome to our Starbucks! Make yourself at home. :)

22. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Mariah Carey? [face_laugh]

Sorry Reno didn't go your way, Crutag. I recommend drowning your sorrows in caffeine. It makes you feel happy.

//slaps Sacul. Get yourself together, man! We only have 2 weeks to go. Think of how well you've done. You don't want to give all of that up now! We can do it! The movie is going to be so fun!

23. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    BRAAAAAP

(excuse me!)

Uh... er... uh... this doesn't look like the Dantooine Dumpster Dive. Must've taken a wrongo turn at Sullust... [face_blush]

Sigh,
    DarthRidiculous

24. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Has anyone heard from LDV? I hope he is doing O.K.

25. gundar421

gundar421 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2001
    Hey there, thought I'd pop in and grab Chai Tea iced with half and half and water. Elk Grove is it? Lagina or Century?