main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the Amphitheatre - READ BEFORE YOU POST

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Lord Bane, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999

[b][color=black][hl=yellow]Welcome to the Amphitheatre![/hl][/b][/color][hr]

[hl=lavender][b][color=navy]I. An Introduction to the Amphitheatre[/color][/b][/hl]

Here we have the next step in the continuing life of the Jedi Council and its ever-growing and diverse community. This forum is a new thing for the JC, a forum dedicated to serious discussion, debate as well as sharing of all things "arts & culture," from musical expression to the written word, artistic expression to cinema.

[b][color=midnightblue]First off, how does this forum differ from JC Community or the Senate Floor?[/b][/color][blockquote]This is to be a [i]discussion[/i] forum like the Senate Floor, but not a social forum. JC Community will remain as it is now, nothing's changing over there. However, this forum is designed specifically to harbor in-depth discussions, of a more serious nature, which can sometimes be lost in the huge environment that JC Community is. We felt it best to offer a place where serious discussions could prosper.[/blockquote][b][color=midnightblue]What kind of discussions are allowed?[/b][/color][blockquote]That is a bit of a difficult question. What constitues arts and culture? To some, only things like theater, art and literature may be included. Others see film and television, dance and modern music as a part. We will have to learn as this forum grows. The main areas of focus right now include [i]film, poetry & prose, theater, artistic expression, dance, music both classic and modern.[/i] That is not to say other topics cannot be discussed. That is a sample, starting point. Culture and the arts are ever-changing and we must respond to that.
    [/blockquote][b][color=midnightblue]Are any of the rules different?[/b][/color][blockquote]The rules aren't different, but the consequences of breaking them are. As with the Senate Floor, its success depends on a mature environment, and it is critical that the rules be followed and observed at all times.

Please be sure to read these [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9207661&replies=6]Rules and Regulations[/link] before you post in the Amphitheatre.

It is imperative that the rules be followed for this forum to achieve its purpose. Infractions will be dealt with swiftly and sternly. If you're not sure if what you're about to post will be OK, do NOT post it. Seek the advice of a moderator via PM.

[b]Flaming, trolling, antagonizing, spamming, being abusive, threatening, or being problematic will not be tolerated in the slightest.[/b] Not only that, but should you be found causing trouble, you'll find that the spanks and bans will be much lengthier in duration, and quite possibly, your access to this board will be prohibited.

[/blockquote][b][color=midnightblue]What are "Hosted Discussion" and who hosts them?[/b][/color][blockquote]Hosted discussions are a different sort of thread, since the discussion is actually controlled be a person or person. The discussion topic will change whenever the current discussion's key points have been drained, and then the discussion can either delve into more details or start allowing more things into the discussion. They can be hosted by anyone who has the time and thought to put into them. To create a hosted thread, please contact [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=632251][color=white] [hl=cornflowerblue][b]RidingMyCaroselOnYou[/b][/hl][/color][/link] or [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=285985][color=white][b][hl=green]Rogue1-and-a-half[/hl][/b][/color][/link] about hosting a thread (this is just to make sure you have the time to put into the thread). [b]Do not create a hosted thread without permission first[/b]. The following hosted threads can be found here:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7353003&replies=289]The AFI's Lists: In or Out of Touch (aka A Different Kind of Movie Topic)[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9110223&replies=1]Dante's Inferno : Abandon All hope, Ye who enter here...[/link].
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp

2. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Excellent! :D

3. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    I want to see this place with 10,000 posts by sunday and 11,000 by next Wednesday.

4. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Why do you feel this is excellent, Terr?

5. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Why do you feel it isn't Elfstar?

6. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    Why do you feel that I feel that I don't agree with Terr this is excellent? Please tell me your feelings on this matter. :p

7. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    ElfStar - This is excellent because I've been waiting a long time for this. ;) Point in case. :)

8. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hey, no spamming this pretty thread.. ;)

9. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Wonderful Job :)

10. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Updated this a little bit more. :)

11. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    Welcome new Amphitheatre Mod Rogue1-and-a-half! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.