main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Welcome to the Bloomington Fanforce in December

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by NorvelleJedi05, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    Yes, welcome to the Bloomington Fanforce in December. The B-FF has been running smoothly with the introduction of the Star Wars Book Group at Borders Bookstore - Bloomington in August. During the past three months the book club has been reading books from the New Jedi Order series (Vector Prime, Dark Tide I: Onslaught & Dark Tide II: Ruin). The book club will be closing shop in December to make room for the general meeting of the Bloomington Fanforce in December.

Reminder:
    Dec. 7th Star Wars @ the IMAX - Indy trip
    Sponsered by Union Board: Destinations

Join other Star Wars fans on a trip to Indianapolis to see Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Dress up as your favorite Star Wars character & win a Grand prize.
    6:30 pm departure from the IMU circle drive
    COSTUME CONTEST - Winner receives a Grand Prize
    Participation fee is only $12.50, which includes transportation & ticket cost. Sign up at the Activities Desk, 1st Floor IMU. Sign-up deadline is Thursday, Dec. 5th.

Finally, it's coming all together. The first general meeting of the Bloomington Fanforce will be Friday, December 13th at Borders Bookstore in Bloomington: Social Hour begins @ 7pm & meeting starts @ 7:30pm. Come join us for an evening of Star Wars fun! I hope to see you there.

2. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    NOTE: The IMAX trip to see Attack of the Clones has been CANCELLED.

On to better news ......

There has been a slight change with the Bloomington Fanforce general meeting in December. I'm going to be videotaping a Theatre class that day (Friday, December 13th) from 5 to 8:30 pm in the Theatre & Drama Center, Room A201. I'm going to talk with Emmy, the instructor, to see if you can attend as an audience participant. After the videotaping session I'll hold the meeting. I hope to see you there. Please keep in touch. I'll see how this works. At first I wanted to have a Social hour before the meeting but I think I'll play it by ear.

Well as it turns out this my not be a bad place to hold a first meeting. Since the Theatre department is where I received one of my majors @ IU. I'm going back to my theatre roots. We'll be talking briefly about the club in general and the one successful SIG(special interest group), the Star Wars Book Group. Also, I'll talk about upcoming events we might want to join with the Indy Knights:

* Christmas Party - December 15th at 4pm in the ballroom of the Rathskeller Restaurant the Indy Knights' meetings are held in. For more information please see me or contact me.

* January Indy Knights' general meeting - January 8th @ 7pm in the ballroom of the Rathskeller Restaurant. For more information please see me or contact me.

I think that's enough for now. Please feel free to discuss on this forum. I don't want to have a lot of crickets chripping. I'll see everyone later.

3. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    There has been a slight revision change. I'm planning on holding the first general meeting of the Bloomington Fanforce this Saturday at 4pm at Borders Bookstore. I hope you can make it. I'll briefly discuss the club as it stands now. That discussion will include reviewing bylaws, choosing a club name [a brief discussion about this & a poll will be created in January, 2003], creating a club website [a brief discussion about this], talking about the current SIG(special interest group), the Star Wars Book Group @ Borders and a discussion about any new SIG's that you would like to see formed. Also, I'll talk about news from the Indy Knights. I hope to have a lot of fun at the first meeting.

Again I hope to see you at the first meeting of the Bloomington Fanforce this Saturday @ 4pm at Borders. I'll talk with you later.

mtfbwy
    Brian

4. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    I'm sorry that I missed everyone. Though I was at Borders. The big question still remains. Where & when can we meet for a general meeting in January? Help me to decide where to hold the general meetings of the Bloomington Fanforce. Thanks. Without your help this club would never come to life. Please start talking here. Again thanks.

mtfbwy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.