main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Welcome to the Charlotte Separatist's! [Please Read]

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RidingMyCarousel, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002

[hl=yellow][color=black][b]Welcome to the Charlotte Separatists![/b][/color][/hl][hr]...or, otherwise known as the Charlotte, NC FanForce.
    Please, take the time to check this out. Thanks and welcome :D

And welcome to the Charlotte FanForce! :D

[color=red][u][b]So.. you may be wondering what a FanForce is...[/b][/u][/color]
    Well, in a longshot, a FanForce is a group of people who get together and discuss Star Wars. Anything from gaming events, book clubs to RPG playing. The "official" description of a FanForce (from the [link=http://fanforce.net/fanforce_faq.shtml#intro]FanForce FAQ[/link]) is as follows:[ul][i][color=darkred]FanForce is the physical, grass-roots extension of theforce.net's global, online presence. We're about getting fans together and helping them meet and interact with other fans in their "physical" community. Conventions, movie screenings, book signings, etc., can all be a part of the Fanforce experience. If a local a group of fans just wants to plan their own event, then Fanforce can be the place to do it![/i][/ul][/color]And now, you may be curious as to how to join. Well, there are a few things you can do. First off, you could [link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp?usr=278153]send our city rep a private message[/link], [b][i][color=blue]anakin_girl[/b][/color][/i], and ask her when & where our next meeting is. All you have to do is show up (please tell us if you're going to come, some surprises are nice, but we like to have a head count before meetings). Secondly, you could always check our [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8313006&replies=18]Next meeting planning[/link] thread and tell us you'd like to come. Again, just show up. You're an official member if you attend one meeting. :)

[color=red][u][b]What if I'm under 18?[/b][/u][/color]
    Now this is a bit tricky. Members of all ages are allowed. If you're not 18 or older, then you must have parental consent to come to a meeting. Please, print out the following form and bring it along with you [b]each time you attend[/b] a meeting. This keeps any other FanForce out of legal troubles if you are injured.[ul][color=darkred][i]I, _________________________________, hereby consent my child to attend a FanForce meeting for the city of Charlotte, NC. I understand that no members are accountable for any injuries that may happen to my child before, during, and/or after a FanForce meeting.

My child's name:
    Emergency Contact Phone #1:
    Emergency Contact Name #1:
    Emergency Contact Phone #2:
    Emergency Contact Name #2:
    ____________________________[/i][/color][/ul]If you are under the age of 14, then you must be accompanied by an adult (aka, a person over 18). We're sorry for any inconveniences this may cause, but due to legal reasons, this keeps us out of trouble.

[color=red][u][b]So, what do you guys do at meetings?[/b][/u][/color]
    The [b]Charlotte Separatists[/b] do many things for meetings. We've seen Attack of the Clones together, gone to coffee shops just to discuss the latest Star Wars news, met for lunch at a few restaurants, gone Star Wars toy hunting and many other things.

We're always open to new ideas, also. If you've got an idea - any idea, tell us! Check out the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8313006&replies=18]next meeting planning[/link] thread and tell us what you're thinking. Remember, if we don't get new ideas, we'll keep doing the same dull things over and over again ;)

[b][color=red][u]I'm having a problem with someone...[/b][/u][/color]
    Alright. First off, calm down and relax. Don't go off on them. Report any conflict to our city rep, [b][color=blue][i]anakin_girl[/i][/color][/b] if it has to do with another member. If the problem is with her, contact [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=385401]Minacia_Brightstar[/link] a

2. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I have a slight problem, I'm actually a sentient toaster.
    Do I need a consent form?

3. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    No.
    :p

You really do get bored easily, don't you? ;)

4. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    *peeks in*

*decides to come in with a tray of cold blue milk smoothies for everyone*

5. That_Flashing

That_Flashing Jedi Master star 5

Aug 22, 2000
    Nice work, James... Makes me want to live in the Charlotte area.

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Man, I really have some following ;)
    And thanks, That_Flashing [face_blush]

7. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Wait, you're saying I have to bring a freaking permission slip to the Fan Force meetings?

Let's not and say we did...

8. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey guys and gals! :)

James has asked me to create a sticky thread for the information he gave in his first post. Since I am unable to make an existing thread "sticky," I had to make a brand new thread. So, I'm locking this one up. Please post any suggestions or comments in the new sticky thread with the same name.

Thanks! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.