Welcome To The Charlotte Separatists [Please Read]

Discussion in 'Charlotte, NC' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Welcome to the Charlotte Separatists! Please, take the time to check this out. Thanks and welcome :D

And welcome to the Charlotte FanForce! :D

So.. you may be wondering what a FanForce is...
    Well, in a longshot, a FanForce is a group of people who get together and discuss Star Wars. Anything from gaming events, book clubs to RPG playing. The "official" description of a FanForce (from the FanForce FAQ) is as follows:
      FanForce is the physical, grass-roots extension of theforce.net's global, online presence. We're about getting fans together and helping them meet and interact with other fans in their "physical" community. Conventions, movie screenings, book signings, etc., can all be a part of the Fanforce experience. If a local a group of fans just wants to plan their own event, then Fanforce can be the place to do it!
    And now, you may be curious as to how to join. Well, there are a few things you can do. First off, you could send our city rep a private message, RidingMyCaroselOnYou, and ask her when & where our next meeting is. All you have to do is show up (please tell us if you're going to come, some surprises are nice, but we like to have a head count before meetings). Secondly, you could always check our Next meeting planning thread and tell us you'd like to come. Again, just show up. You're an official member if you attend one meeting. :)

What if I'm under 18?
    Now this is a bit tricky. Members of all ages are allowed. If you're not 18 or older, then you must have parental consent to come to a meeting. Please, print out the following form and bring it along with you each time you attend a meeting. This keeps any other FanForce out of legal troubles if you are injured.
      I, _________________________________, hereby consent my child to attend a FanForce meeting for the city of Charlotte, NC. I understand that no members are accountable for any injuries that may happen to my child before, during, and/or after a FanForce meeting.

My child's name:
      Emergency Contact Phone #1:
      Emergency Contact Name #1:
      Emergency Contact Phone #2:
      Emergency Contact Name #2:
    If you are under the age of 14, then you must be accompanied by an adult (aka, a person over 18). We're sorry for any inconveniences this may cause, but due to legal reasons, this keeps us out of trouble.

So, what do you guys do at meetings?
    The Charlotte Separatists do many things for meetings. We've seen Attack of the Clones together, gone to coffee shops just to discuss the latest Star Wars news, met for lunch at a few restaurants, gone Star Wars toy hunting and many other things.

We're always open to new ideas, also. If you've got an idea - any idea, tell us! Check out the next meeting planning thread and tell us what you're thinking. Remember, if we don't get new ideas, we'll keep doing the same dull things over and over again ;)

I'm having a problem with someone...
    Alright. First off, calm down and relax. Don't go off on them. Report any conflict to our city rep, RidingMyCaroselOnYou if it has to do with another member. If the problem is with her, contact [link=http://boards.thef/>/>
  2. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wait, you're saying I have to bring a freaking permission slip to the Fan Force meetings?

Let's not and say we did...
  3. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, considering that your mom was right there to give you permission, I'd say you were fine. Talk to Tracy about it, though.
  4. COMMANDERSKYWALKER00 Jedi Knight

I will do what ever you all tell me to do.
  5. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, you're an adult and therefor don't need a slip saying you can come. Just come at our meetings whenever you have the time. Just make sure you tell Tracy (anakin_girl) or the planner of the meeting that you're going to come so that we know who'll be there. :)
  6. COMMANDERSKYWALKER00 Jedi Knight

7. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We haven't decided on one yet, though we had one this past weekend. Excuse the wrong date in the thread [face_blush]

We were considering Scarrowinds, though some of us didn't like the idea of the price and all..
  8. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *waves*

Hi James!!!!! I'm posting!

Anyhow, I don't actually live anywhere near here, but I am a refugee from my splintered chapter and James invited me to come by. :)
  9. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yay! More honorary Charlotte Separatists for us ;) :D
  10. Emerita Jedi Padawan

Hi......I saw you and had to stop in and say hello....I live in Pensacola,Fla. but was born and raised in Lake Wylie S.C. and went to college in Charlotte and spent most of my life roaming the streets there. It was much smaller then....lol. I was living there from 1986-1995 after many years of living in Miami, Fla. I went back home after my divorce and worked at Mercy Hospital as a nurse. All of my family lives there still and I come up to visit often. If I had known that this group existed I would never have left the second time. I moved back to Miami and realized after such a long absence, that I no longer spoke the language, so I fell in love with Pensacola and moved here..... How long has this group been together? I hope you don't mind if I drop in once in awhile to talk......I still consider Charlotte and the surrounding areas dear to my heart.......
  11. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We've been around officially since March. :)

And it is nice to see a new face around here. We don't get a lot of them ;)

So, you were at Mercy? My mom went through nurse training there (schooling or something) for labor and delivery.

Btw, I'm James. :)
  12. Emerita Jedi Padawan

Nice to meet you. I am Susan. I worked in the Medical and Surgical Intensive care and Cardiac Intensive Care units. I liked Labor and Delivery during school.....I have quit nursing now and I have turned to writing. Alot less stressful...lol....Gives me more time to play on the internet.....
  13. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Heya, Susan :)

Yes, the internet is a miracle. It keeps me busy while I work ;)

So writing, 'eh? What sort of writing?

And I'm going to dig up our little chat thread around here.. let me find the silly thing.

Edit: Here we go. Just ignore the first few pages of stuff. ;)
  14. Emerita Jedi Padawan

I wish I had the net when I was younger. I got my first computer about 8 months ago and I have been hooked ever since. I have cable hookup, so I am really spoiled.....lol

I have written an X-Men treatment and I am writing about all the crazy stuff I did as a teenager...I hope to have it published within the next year. I am trying my hand at short stories also.......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.