main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Welcome to the Colorado Springs Forum!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by KnightWriter, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Feel free to post a bit about youself so that the rest of us can get to know you.

Name:
    What Star Wars related things are you interested in?
    What non Star Wars things are you interested in?
    How did you find this forum?

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Thank you!!!!! We needed this thread :D

Name: Sarah
    What Star Wars related things are you interested in? Costumes!!!! and fanfiction and fanfilms
    What non Star Wars things are you interested in? horses, drawing, sewing, computers...
    How did you find this forum? I was here since the UBB days, the very beginning. :)

3. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Name: Jared
    SW interests: Fan film script is written, got my camera, storyboarding is 2/3 finished.
    Non-SW interests: Computers, movies, etc... pretty average...

4. Domier

Domier Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2003
    Hey my name is david. I like star wars (obviously). ummmmmmmm, i live in colorado springs. I am 5'11" and thats about it.

5. Gallith

Gallith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Name: Jim
    What Star Wars related things are you interested in? Fan films, Saber fighting
    What non Star Wars things are you interested in? Movie-making, Saxophone, Singing, Acting.
    How did you find this forum? In June or so, I found the FanFilms forum, and a couple weeks ago was reffered to this one.

6. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Name: Cory Daniel Peter (aka Pete)
    What Star Wars related things are you interested in? Books, Props (lightsabers), Anything Yoda and R2D2, FANFILMS! (check out my thread for The Dark Path, my fanfilm in pre-production)
    What non Star Wars things are you interested in? Acting, Mixed Martial Arts (brazilian jiu jitsu, kickboxing, I've done some Kempo and American Jiu Jitsu as well...AJJ is basically a mixed style of BJJ, Karate, and Kickboxing), Movies, Writing, Reading, Outdoors stuff (camping, fishing), Wheel of Time, other SF/Fantasy...and so on.
    How did you find this forum? I got bored at work one day and was looking at TheForce.net then went to the forums. I had known about the FanForce before I joined the AF, but nobody was on there in Kansas where I was before. I decided to check out my new home and came to the Colorado Springs board. From there I followed on up to the Denver board and just jumped in the middle of everything :D

Oh yeah, I'm the 1st Chapter Rep for Colorado Springs. It probably would have been Sarah, but she left for college, so I got the honor :D

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    How about you take it during the winter and I do it during the summer? ;)

8. Rogue428

Rogue428 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2001
    Name: Michael Haspil
    Age: 31 (Am I the only one here who saw the original release in theaters? Man I feel old. And yes I remember watching the Holiday Special on TV....the horror...)
    What Star Wars related things are you interested in: Props, FX, Fanfilms.
    What non-Star Wars things are you interested in: Props, FX, Computer gaming, wargaming, writing sci-fi/horror/fantasy, martial arts.
    How did you find this forum: Been around the forums for a while..wandered into this one because I just moved back to the springs.

9. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Name: Michael Culp
    Age: 16 and 11/12 months (soon to be 17 in Februrary :D :D :D )
    What Star Wars related things are you interested in? Fanfics, ships, Books (read them constantly... :D )
    What non Star Wars things are you interested in? Basketball and soccer, and videogames
    How did you find this forum? It was her!!!!! (points at Sarah) Sarah and i met through school and she told me about the site. After a month i worked up the nerve to visit the sight and here i am now...and you guys can never get rid of me :D :D :p ;)

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Rogue: what type of martial arts are you into?

11. Rogue428

Mar 9, 2001
    I used to do Ninpo Taijutsu quite a bit. Looking to get back into it since I heard there is a Genbukan dojo somewhere around Castle Rock.

I've also dabbled in Kendo, Judo, and Aikido. But I'm only ranked in Ninpo (Shodan Bujinkan school, 5 kyu Genbukan School)...but I'm out of practice. (and out of shape...lol)

12. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, I've heard of judo, kendo, and aikido of course, but none of the rest. what style is that?

13. Rogue428

Mar 9, 2001
    It is a very old Japanese style that actually has its roots in China and India, it is very fluid at times and can be very hard and fast too. It looks a lot like Aki-jujutsu, but I've heard from other martial artists that it is kind of chameleon art, because sometimes if I do my forms for them it looks like other arts.

14. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    that's cool, I have a friend that did aiki-jujutsu in Tech School, some pretty cool stuff.

I did American Ju-Jitsu (which was sort of a bastardization of brazilian jiu-jitsu and japanese ju-jitsu along with shotokan/kenpo and muay thai/boxing). which is why I just refer to it as Mixed Martial Arts since it's basically what most sportfights call it now and that's basically the stuff we did. We had a little bit of freestyle in there for the takedowns, but not much other than that. We had a judo guy come in and teach os some breakfalls and throws some too.

We spent most of our time grappling and sparring (kickboxing-like sparring). It was a lot of fun.

I also did Bushido Kempo (basically Gary Dill's little "hey, I founded a style!" version of kempo with some jeet kune do thrown in). It was cool and all, and we weren't all that traditional for a karate school in our area, but the teacher was kind of a douche and I got sick of forms and stuff...I just wanted to practice with drills and sparring and whatnot.

Traditional styles are great, but I don't think they're for me for the most part. Maybe I'll change my mind if I find a good traditional school in the Springs when I get back, but for the most part, I enjoy the modern stuff more.

15. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Name: JEFF
    What Star Wars related things are you interested in?EVERY STINKIN THING I CAN FIND !
    What non Star Wars things are you interested in? MUSIC , GAMES AND STAR WARS
    How did you find this forum? I STUMBLED ON IT WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR YODA

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
  17. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    looking! found him you have, yes, hmmm?

18. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Evening Guys :D

19. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    *crawls out of the big pile of homework for a moment*

Hi! :D

*crawls back under again to finish work*

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Gahh!!!!

*Dives at Miccu and hauls him out of his hole*

You need to be more sociable!!!

21. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    Right now i need to go to sleep...

But i will say next week is a three day week! YAY!

(thank goodness for Catholic School's week!) :p

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmm.. next week is a three day for me too :D

But that's because there's a holiday on Monday, and I don't have any classes on Fridays ... ever... :D

23. Miccu_Resea

Mar 17, 2002
    Same on Monday, but on Friday i only have the Catholic school's day mass, so thats the only thing i have to do, and no Classes!

24. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Wazzup?

OK, new to the Colo. Spgs. section, old to the entire website.

Name: Blake Wright
    SW Interests: I saw the beginning in the theaters and will continue that tradition until my grandchildren die! Then my force ghost will continue the tradition a la Anakin (Sebastian Shaw) in ROTJ.
    Other interests: bodybuilding, basketball, baseball, golf, etc. Also, computers, multi-media, etc.

I am OLD! I love SW!

See the sig...

25. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Does anyone here hold any events-new to area and a big SW fan. Someone let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.