main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Welcome to the Colorado Springs Forum!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by KnightWriter, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Na-gong

Na-gong Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2003
    Name: Jim
    Age: Old...not 900 years, but somewhere above the square root of that. (OK, 32)
    SW interests: Mostly the movies, but also spent time reading books, comic books, collecting trading cards and action figures (back when they were new).
    Non SW interests: Movies, books, computers, CG animation, martial arts (Baquazhang, if anybody cares)
    How I learned about the forum: I work with Jyro

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Welcome aboard everybody!

oldben: check out the Denver forum, they have a thread for planning to go to StarFest in April(?). They can help you out there. Good people to ask about that would be Obi Wannabe and PtrsonsZOO. They oughta be able to help you with any event information for the near future!

3. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Thanks JediDragon, much appreciated.

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    WE may be an hour away, but don't bite... much [face_devil]

Seriously, with this much new blood, I hope you guys can revive this fledgling chapter from oblivion.

Good luck and I'm always around if you need a hand :D

5. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    When does the springs group get together and do stuff? Is there a formed group now?

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    They are an established group, but most of those are HS Kids, and their CR is currently stationed in Qatar, so I am stepping up to help out.

Jedi_Knight_Birr is currently trying to a get a meeting together for March, the 22nd I believe.

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Na-gong,
    Love your sig! It fits! And what is the story behind your screen name?

8. Na-gong

Na-gong Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2003
    Nagong (Neh gong?) is an exercise we do in my Baquazhang classes. We lovingly refer to it as the 'mud-man' exercise. During the exercise, we try to do our normal movements at an extremely slow speed (as if we were completely surrounded by mud). This helps us focus on balance and power location. Believe it or not, it can be one of the most strenuous workouts we do.

As far as how it relates to me, I have no idea...it just sounds better than 'mud-man'.

9. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2003
    Howdy everyone!

My name is Brian and I just found out that this forum existed!

I am also one of the older jedi. In fact I also saw the original in the theater! It was an experience that I will never forget. I am 32.

The star wars things that I am interested in is just about everything. I am really interested in building a light saber so if anyone has one I would like to check it out!

Non star wars related things ... hmm well I love to play roleplaying games. I no longer play evercrack ... because I was additcted something fierce and I also had a new baby which is now 18 months old. I read alot of fantasy and love sports. Especially football .. which I am a philadelphia eagle fan!

I live in Pueblo but work in Colorado Springs so I look forward to possibly meeting some of you all!

Take Care,

Brian

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Welcome Brian!

I am the defacto leader around these parts (what w/ the Springs CR being deployed in the Gulf at the moment), so if you have any questions just let me know.

Right now most things are happening up in Denver, but you will be happy to know that there are two guys in Pueblo as well. Of course their twins, so it's almost like one guy ;) (Sorry Mac, but I couldn't resist).

There's a big Con at the end of the month up in Denver. Check out the link in my sig line for details.

Let me know if you ever want to attend any of the Denver functions and I'll hook you up w/ directions.

11. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2003
    Thanks,

I am not sure how often I will be able to make it up to denver but thanks for the invite. I will be active on the boards and will talk to you all quite a bit!

thanks again

Brian

12. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Hey Sparhawk, welcome to the group. I'm Void, the regional admin...I see you've met Zoo. If there is anything we can do for you, please feel free to contact us at any time. In the mean time we've got good people here. Jump in and join the posting, I hope you can make the activities and get together with them up there.

13. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    YAY!!! another Pueblo guy!!!!

hi brian, i'm mac. its great to find someone one the boards from pueblo. the few others from around pueblo all seemed to fizzle out after a few posts. welcome. if you ever want to get to a meeting, maybe we can carpool.

and zoo, we are not one person. we just share a gentic code 8-}

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    BTW Mac - We have a great joke planned for the Con if you guys make it up here for more than one day ;)

15. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2003
    Hey all,

I would love to make it up to the con. I tried to win some tickets on 95.1 but I didnt make it in time. However I did win a dinner for two to the broadmoor and another dinner to someplace in woodland park. I won it in the battle of the sexes!!! Yeah go Men .. LOL

16. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    battle of the sexes? on KVUU?

EDIT ooops we might want to take this out of this thread.

17. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2003
    It was on 95.1 the peak.

18. Wedge003

Wedge003 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    Name: Daniel (a.k.a Wedge003)

Star Wars Related Interests: Lately I have been really enjoying the comics and video game about the Clone Wars. I also like reading the novels, watching the movies, and playing other assorted Star Wars video games. Currently waiting for Star Wars:Rebel Strike:Rouge Squadron 3 for GameCube.

Non-SW Interests: Acting, Playing video games, reading sci-fi novels, trying to survive school, Karate, etc.

I found this board while surfing through the random pages of theforce.net.

19. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2003
    Welcome Daniel!

20. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Acting and martial arts eh? Perhaps yet another asset for fanfilmmaking...*twists mustache and laughs menacingly* mauahahahaha!

welcome aboard ;)

21. Gilbu_Cotac

Gilbu_Cotac Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Name: Nathaniel Gillespie

SW interests: Expanded Universe, Action Figures (for playing, not collecting), Ep. III spoilers (sorry), Video Games, Music

Non-SW: Theatre, Anime, Kevin Smith Films, I'm sure there's more...

Howdy!

22. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    Welcome Gil! nice to see a new face around here!

23. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    looks like somehow I missed welcoming the last one :( well, welcome if you're still around Gilbu_Cotac...

we need more newbies here! Here newby-newby-newby-newbies! Here newby-newby-newby-newbies! ;)

24. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Gilbu_Cotac, welcome. I used to live in Lamar so I've been in La Junta a lot. Doesn't it irk you when Sandra Bullock mispronounces it in "The Net". Drives me crazy.

25. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    hey na_gong u said u are interested in cg animation. would know of any coleges that are good for that kind of stuff. its what i want to do but i also want to wrestle in colege. so if u maybe had some info on that that would be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.