main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Welcome to the Dejarik Arcade!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Zenek, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenek

Zenek Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2003
    Greetings and Welcome to Zenek's!
    Now the rules of the game are simple, You have three monsterous creatures: I encourage you to be creative and make up at least one. I assume all players have the home game and have brought their own critters on their own memory disc!
    You can join by giving a discription of your character and your three creatures, then challenge either me or annother player! It's that simple!
    Here's how I want the character and creature bios:

(ME)
    Name: Zenek
    Species: Quarren
    Hight: 5'11"
    Eye Color: left eye-blue right eye-cybernetic eye that glows green.
    Bio: After spending several years as a bounty hunter, Zenek decided to try an occupation that didn't involve getting shot at. Using his own funds, Zenek opened his own little Dejerek arcade in a modest building on Courascant. The arcade has a counter behind which Zenek sleeps, counts his credits, and plays his own personal game. There are fifteen Dejerek machines in the building ready to be played. Zenek charges three credits per gamer to rent a table and sells his own monsters he has raised personally, cost depending on the critter.

(Monster)
    Species: Rancor
    Hight: 20'
    Attacks: Grab, Slam, Bite, etc...
    Color: Brown
    Description: Huge super preadator. Homeworld unknown. Eats its prey by grabbing its prey and lifting it toward its drooling jaws. etc...

Plus two more critters!

Have fun, and bring credits!

2. LuBusVassal

LuBusVassal Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Oh, well then, this I'll love to join. I'm currently in school though so if you'll wait a momnet I'll come with my monster.

3. LuBusVassal

Oct 27, 2002
    Name: Shooyl Quital
    Species: Gand
    Hight:5'6"
    Bio: Like any normal Gand not destined for Findsmanship, he went off to do his normal life. And, he likes to play Dejarik. He's pretty good at it and when he heard of the Arcade he ran down to have some fun.

Monster: Aklay
    Hight: 3 meters
    Attacks: Stab, slice, lunge, sharp things.
    Color: Green and Blue
    Description: A big crab thing, often used for gladiatorial games.

Ayt, lets play

4. Zenek

Jul 1, 2003
    "Hello there, Shooyl was it? Welcome! You wish to challenge me? Sound's fun! I see you don't have two other monsters handy, so I'll set us up for a one-on-one battle. Hey friend, I can fix you up with one of my own custom monsters afterward, if you like. AND because you are my first coustomer, I'll give you special discount."

The two aliens set up the game at table 1.
    After loading Zenek's Rancor and Shooyl's Acklay onto the board, Zenek went on to explain a one-on-one battle.

"Well the rules of this match are simple. I'll use my Rancor because I have not played him in a while. The monster who doesn't get beaten into submission wins! Ready? I'll make the first move, because the Rancor's slower..."

Zenek enters his Rancor's commands into his input screen (Each player can't see each other's input screens.), and the beast slowly plods across the circular arena toward the Acklay, leaving Shooyl to enter a command for his Acklay...

This is going to be great!

5. LuBusVassal

Oct 27, 2002
    Er, Zenek? You have to explain just what exactly I'm supposed to do.

6. Zenek

Jul 1, 2003
    ??? Is not simple ???

Make like Shooyl is entering a command on his input screen, and you Roleplay as his Acklay and when I check back later today and find out what move the Acklay did, I'll make a move (as the Rancor) and so on...

In other words, me Rancor you Acklay, we fight...Any more questions?

7. LuBusVassal

Oct 27, 2002
    Well.. allright.

IC: Shooryl Quital

The Acklay was no where near as strong as a Rancor, but the Rancor was the slowest monster in the game. The acklay could easily run circles around it, stabbit at points here ad there.

Shooryl input the command. Charge to the right of the Rancor.

8. Zenek

Jul 1, 2003
    Now ya got the hang of it!

Zenek enters his next command.

The Rancor turns to its right and swats at the screeching Acklay. The Acklay dodged the blow, leaving the Rancor open to attack.

PS. IC:... What does that mean?

9. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    IC = IN CHARACTER

OOC = OUT OF CHARACTER

Mortimer_Nerdly! :cool:

10. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    Hmmmm....Sounds interesting. I'll play.

(ME)
    Name: Jered Axel
    Species: Human
    Height: 6'4"
    Eye Color: Brown
    Bio: One of the best bounty hunters out there. He's also a big chick-magnet. He's always in the mood to do something fun.

(Monster 1)
    Species: Kell Dragon
    Hight: ???
    Attacks: Slash, Bite/Crunch, Spikes (Back, Tail), Tail Attack
    Color: Greyish-Green
    Description: Large, four-legged predator. It is often kept by rich people as a pet.

11. Zenek

Jul 1, 2003
    The motion sensor at the entrance of the Quarren's arcade sounded the bell, making Zenek throw on the pause.
    "Greetings human! Welcome to Zenek's, I'm Zenek, and" (Zenek realized who the hunter was.) "you're Jered Axel, aren't you! You may have heard of me, outter rim, perhaps? Annyhoo, It seems like ya feel like playin' a game of Dejarik, eh? Come..."

Zenek and Jered Axel set up at table 2.
    "Now you see my Gand friend over there at table one must have gone into some sort of trance, so don't mind him. I think I'll use a new critter for this one."

Species:Krakana
    Length: 20 ft.
    Attacks: Bite, Slash, Grab, Slam, Thrash, Sharp back spines in single file down its back
    Color:Jet Black
    Description:Large deep-sea predator native to the oceans of Zenek's native Mon Calamari. Uses its six tentacles, three on each side of its head tipped with a small pincer, to pull prey toward its powerful jaws. Eel-like in appearence, except of four small fins use to move the beast. Eight spines run down its back.

Now, this should be a good game, and kudos to your nicely made creature! Please try to update once a day, thanks. :) Appriciate it!!!
    I assume your dragon is slower, so you can go first!
    "Let the game begin!"

12. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    IC:

• Jered sits down with Zenek; Says: "Sure I've heard of you. I hear many good things about you and your trade."

• Jered sits down and inputs the Kell Dragon's first command. Unfortunatley, for Zenek, his assumption on the Kell Dragon's speed was incorrect.

• Jered's Kell Dragon charges at Zenek's Karakana at full speed. The Kell Dragon scoops two of the Karakans's six tentacles in his maw and crunches his teeth on them making a loud cracking sound. The Kell Dragon awaits the Karakan's first move.

TAG: Zenek

13. Zenek

Jul 1, 2003
    IC

-"I mainly take bounties in the Outer rim, usually Tatooine, Malistare, and Mon Calamari. You?"

-"Wow! If I knew Kell Dragons were THAT fast, I would've gone first!" Zenek quickly input a command for the Krakana.

-The Krakana, despite two broken tentacles, took advantage of the position in which it was attacked, and wrapped its four remaining clawed tentacles and powerful jaws arround the Kell Dragon's head biting and clawing at the Dragon's upper neck and rear skull areas.

-Zenek responded, "Very nice begining, but try to get out of THIS headlock, friend!"

14. Zenek

Jul 1, 2003
    Whoops! Accidentaly posted twice,ignore this!

15. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    IC:

• Jered quickly enters the Kell Dragon's second cammand.

• The Kell Dragon smacks the Krakana several times in the face with his spiked tail. It thrashes around in pain as its eyes have been hurt. The Karakana releases the Kell Dragon.

16. Zenek

Jul 1, 2003
    IC
    Zenek made a mental note on the dragon's physical strength, and input the next command.

The Krakana, injured and in serious pain, violently thrashes around using every muscle in its body to try and skewer its opponent with one or more of its spines and claws, or atleast smack the dragon one...

17. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    IC:

• The Karakana tries to hit the Kell Dragon, but is only hitting the spikes on his back. The Karakana's having a bad day.

• Jered inputs yet another command.

• Jered's Kell Dragon tackles the Karakans and chomps down on it's throat. The Kell Dragon keeps biting until the Karakana stops moving.

[]=====#[]<---------------- M_N! ----------------

18. Zenek

Jul 1, 2003
    IC
    -"AH!" The Krakana lay limp in the Dragon's jaws, the great beast defeated...

-Zenek smiled, "If you're half as good in the hunt as you are in Dejarik, I may have some competion! You up for annother game? All right, I'll let you choose annother creature first. I won't go *easy* on you this time!"
    OC
    -Poor Krakana.... :( good game though! :)

19. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    IC:

• Says: "I'm up for another game, but for one, I'm going to let my Kell Dragon rest for a while. Secondly, I'll be pondering on what creature to use in his abscence."

• Jered thinks to himself for a few minutes.

20. Zenek

Jul 1, 2003
    "Sure, take your time! I know just what to use next..."

Zenek loads his creature onto the board:

Species: Krithin
    Hight: *NOTE* (Seeing as all monsters will be same size on the game board, this stat is unnessesary, and is discontinued as of now!)
    Attacks: Chomp, Claw rake, thrash, Tackle, etc.
    Color: Motted Black and Gray leathery hide.
    Description: Nasty Aquatic Vermin. Resembles a far fish,deep-sea-angler-like, with huge jaws, square head, and fan-like fins tipped with sharp claws used when the Krithin hauls its self up onto beached to hunt prey. has large fish tail and thick leathery skin. Slow in water, slower on land. Most attackers don't escape from the jaws of the Krithin. (At least with all of their limbs anyway.)
    "If ya got anything as good as that Kell Dragon left, this should be a good battle!"

21. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    OOC: You've got a thing for aquatic creatures, haven't you, Zenek?

IC:

Species: Krayt Dragon
    Attacks: Earthquake, Tail Attack, Jaws, Claws
    Color: Tan
    Description: The stronger relative of the Kell Dragon. Krayt Dragons are native to Tatooine's Jundland Wastes

• Jered loads the Krayt Dragon onto the game board.

• Says: "Who shall go first?"

22. Zenek

Jul 1, 2003
    OOC: "As you are to Dragons! NI!"
    IC: "I'll take the first move, as you won last time."
    -Command entered-
    The Krithin stays on its side of the board, with its mouth open wide as it possibly can, making a nasty hissing sound and slapping its huge fins on the board.
    Zenek glances at his opponent-"Come and get it, old friend!"

23. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    OOC: ;) Ecki Ecki Ecki Ecki P'Kang Zoom-Poing Zzzworrrringummm!

IC:

• Jered enters the Krayt Dragon's first command.

• The Krayt Dragon stays on his spot, rears up on his hind legs, and drops back on all fours. The ground shakes and causes the Krithin to collapse on the ground.

• The Krayt Dragon lets out a loud roar.

24. Zenek

Jul 1, 2003
    OOC: Bring me a shrubbery!
    IC: Enters command: The Krithin rights its self and starts to crawl slowly, using the clawed fins, toward the Kryat Dragon with its mouth still displaying the hundreds of teeth.

25. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    OOC: You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring!

IC:

• Jered enters the Krayt Dragon's second command.

• The Krayt Dragon rears up on his hind legs again and crashes on the Krithin. Then, after getting off, the Krayt Dragon picks up the Krithin in his maw and throws it across the board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.