main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Welcome to The End" [ depressing Jacen Solo one-poster, slight J/TK ]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    This was something I wrote really quick. I'm trying to get rid of this writer's block so I can continue the series I'm writing... I have a bad feeling I'm going to have to start the main story I'm on over again -- cause I'm so incredibly stuck that it hurts. >_<!!

But anyways, here's a little post-NJO one-poster I wrote while bored today at work - it needs a lot of fixing up, but yeah... I have no idea where I was going with it, I just went and Jacen ended up dying in the end. (Isn't that where it always goes when I "don't know where I'm going" ...? MUAHAH!)

And if you're a fan of the music of U.N.K.L.E. - listen to "Lonely Soul" while reading this. :D

----

WELCOME TO THE END

The scream erupted from below the canopy of thin branches, out over the edge of the cliff.

It stood for everything he had grown to despise. Everything that he used to not care about -- it all filtered into his head and polluted his mind. It caused him to crack and peel... and finally snap.

The flames curled high above as he danced wildly around the fire he had built from underbrush. Shadows and glimmers of light chased each other along the canopies underside, far above his head. The night sky above twinkled with stars and planets, far away, places he would never see again. Places he never cared to see again...

His delirious ramblings carried through the forest, causing creatures to stir in their slumber. It had been that way for a numerous number of nights now, they paid the person no mind.

Lines and symbols were smeared across his paling face, paint made from mud, from berries, from ashes... from blood. He wore a long rag wrapped around his waist, a shaggy cloth that was torn and ripped in places, complemented by an old pair of cloth boots. His chest was bare, also painted with the same patterns as his face, drops of sweat, spit and blood running down his skin, distorting the shapes that the paint created. His hair hung in dirty clumps on his head, still parted slightly on the side, like it always was, like it seemed to stay forever.

Mumbles snaked out of his system as he spun and moved effortlessly around the pyre, the sounds of nature filling his ears. That sound comforted him.

He basked in the natural surroundings, throwing his arms out to his sides, twirling... throwing his head back and closing his eyes...

He was away from it all. The mechanics, the cities, the billions and billions of beings...

The fame.

That was what he was really content with out of his life. The fame. He couldn't stand being approached every day, at least four or five times.

"Aren't you Jacen Solo?"

"I can't believe what happened to Anakin... it should've been you."

"Can I get your autograph?"

"My sister is like, totally in love with you."

"Hey, is it true that you and the Queen Mother of Hapes are having an affair?"

Tenel Ka...

Having an affair, no... they were in love.

He remembered the last time he had been in any form of city or civilization -- he was with her, overlooking the horizon of Hapes from her balcony, in her chambers at the Palace.

"I have to do this." Jacen had whispered into her ear, through the thick curtain of copper hair. "I cannot stand living like I am."

She was clutching the railing of the balcony with the fingers of her right hand, Jacen could see them curling tighter, her knuckles turning white. "If it is what you want, then go. I love you too much to see you this depressed all the time."

A burst of energy hit him then, "Come with me. Let go of everything and come with me."

"Jacen, I cannot do that."

He looked to her, she was staring out to the horizon. Tears were forming in the corners of her eyes. Jacen reached up and brushed locks of fire out of the way, then he leaned in and planted a kiss on her temple. Trailing his lips to her ear, he breathed a sigh.

"Never forget me..." he whispered, almost silently.

"Never." She replied softly, to the dusky night.

And with one last caress of her cheek, Jacen was gone, fleeing through the palac

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Yay!

New comedy!

That was hilarious!

Splash

That was so heartless at the end as well!

Compliments on a true Black Comedy!

3. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    O_O indeed!

Poor Jacen. I can kinda understand why he'd do something like that though. Pressure of fame and all. Love the bit about "I can't believe what happened to Anakin... it should've been you" but then I'm a complete freak.

<3!

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Jacen Solo - comedy suicide!?

[face_laugh] :D

Brilliant! And you write this when you have block?! :eek:

- The Imperial Ewok

5. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    ::Chokes on his punch::

You not only killed off Jacen, you made him leave behind a really, really hot and... well, hot woman. And he left while she was crying. Geez, I thought the NJO authors made Jacen look pretty stupid. You just had to one-up them, didn't you? ;)

6. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    Will someone please explain where the humor is coming from? I don't get it. :(

7. Mira

Mira Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2004
    Yea, I was about to ask the same thing. I thought maybe I was alone in not finding the humor. . . but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I like the image of poor Jace going insane in his little war paint. So cute. Heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.