main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Welcome to the EUC!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Oh, I like pash too. But Corran is clearly > than Pash. And yes, wedge is awesome. Although, Wes Jansen is also awesome. :D

2. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Hi honey
    [face_love] I really should spend more time here again. I miss the old days.....

3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    This thread really should be pinned. That way noobies find better.

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I think Sey felt that if it were stickied, than it might be ignored by newcomers. Instead she asked us to bump this thread every now and than to keep it near the top. I still say we need a Minister of Hospitality. [face_whistling]

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Bump!!! We need to keep this up the top so n00bs can find it!!

Its Easter Monday here in Australia, and ANZAC Day all in one....we have been blessed with a FIVE DAY holiday! Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday! Way too much time to eat chocolate! :eek:

6. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    You guys have an Easter MONDAY?!?!?!

:eek:

I'm moving to Australia.

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, we always get Friday and Monday off for Easter, and as ANZAC fell on the holiday Monday, they gave us Tuesday as well.....yep, it's good to be an Aussie.. ;)

8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah except for an American you Aussies drive on the wrong side of the road and your toilets flush the wrong way!

9. hawkeyejedi12

hawkeyejedi12 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2011
    HI! I'm really glad I found this thread, seeing as I'm a newbie :)

I've been lurking all over this board and I think this place is going to be my safety zone, haha.

Should I give a little about me or...? I don't want to be imposing. But how are y'all?

10. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Hi Hawkeye, I'm TEE. Welcome to the EUC. :D

Are you familiar with the EU? If so what are they?

You can join the fun in The New User Social thread. We would be glad to have you join.:D We also have another social thread called The Blue Moon Cantina both are places where you can chw down get drinks or do whatever is on your mind as long as it's TOS friendly.:p

11. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Welcome Hawkeye, to the madness that is the EUC. :p

I for one recommend the Blue Moon Cantina as a place to hang out and get to know some of your fellow EUC Patrons. ;)

As for any of our various clubs and groups, it would make it easy for us to point you in the right direction if you told us some things or characters you love in the EU.

Evil.

12. hawkeyejedi12

Jun 22, 2011
    Thank y'all!

I'm actually pretty new to the EU. I read the young adult-ish type novels when I was around 10 or 12, mainly focusing on Obi-Wan (I have a soft spot in my heart for ol' Ben), but other than that, I haven't really dived into it other than articles on various wikis. So feel free to spin me around, Dizzy Izzy style, and usher me off! :p

13. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Find the Thrawn Trilogy and read it. That is all. :p

For now you might try hanging out with the Guardians of Light, they are our resident jedi here on the EU board.

Evil.

14. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    what wiggins said about the thrawn trilogy. or shadows of the empire, which is set between ESB and ROTJ. i think i've read that book more than any other (12 plus times)

oh and welcome. overall the EUC is a pretty welcoming place i'd have to say. you should be safe here abouts pretty much wherever you roam.

15. hawkeyejedi12

Jun 22, 2011
    I have actually read Heir to the Empire! I never read the rest of the Thrawn Trilogy (chalk it up to being 13 and too busy thinking about boys and makeup and school dances, haha), but I will definitely give it a full read. I've heard so many good things about Timothy Zahn. And I'll definitely give Shadows of the Empire a look, too. Thank you both!

I also plan on revisiting my Jedi Apprentice books; I'm such a sucker for prequel era. :p

16. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    welcome.

maybe consider shatterpoint too, if you don't mind something rather dark. that's possibly my second fave SWs book in all honesty. if you like mace windu at all you'll greatly enjoy it.

17. hawkeyejedi12

Jun 22, 2011
    Thank you muchly! I'm building up quite a list of to-read here.

18. barrissoffeefan

barrissoffeefan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2011
    Hello, I'm new, and lots of people have been ignoring me so I decided to try my luck here, though I doubt i get any response yet again....

So confused as what to do. Where do i start? why don't people read my stories? and where do they do role play for the clone wars or for barriss offee? so lost.

19. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Hey Barriss, welcome to the EUC.[:D]

All role-playing is in the RPF. We have some force groups here that role-play in the rpf as well.

I don't know if there are any Cone War rpg's going on but if you are willing to learn how to rp in the RPF. I can help you. I will also keep a look out for any clone wars rpg's for you as well.

20. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Welcome! Are you posting stories in the Fan Fiction section? I can't answer why they don't read them there, but it is possible people are reading and just not responding so keep posting and maybe someone will feel like responding.

Here in the EUC we mainly focus on discussing the characters from the books and videogames.

You can find role playing games related to Star Wars here. You'll have to click around to see if anyone has a Clone Wars one going on right now. Let me know if you need more help!

21. barrissoffeefan

barrissoffeefan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2011
    Whoa, slow down with all the abbreviations.

Sorry you'll have to slow it down for me. You're speaking Huttese.

22. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    It's ok Barriss. Since we are talking through Private Message (PM) I will help you through these forums.:)

23. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    RPF = Role Playing Forum

EUC = Expanded Universe Community aka here.

:)

24. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Shouldn't this be stickied?

25. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I believe you put the kabosh on that one sey. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.