main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Welcome to the EUC!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    True...plus technically we can't get any new users as in people who don't understand the boards. We could get new users from other parts of the forum though.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    None the less this was a very solid idea. I suspect that some people that find there way in here find the place a little confusing at first. Having the description of what the EUC is would seem to me to be a very helpful way for people to get a handle on what exactly the forum is.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    This isn't the Sticky you are looking for.

Unless it is.

At which point I welcome ye!

Robimus likes this.
  4. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Question: how do you start a new fan club?

5. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    You should check with the mods or the index list to see if there is one that already exists. For the most part if one isn't on the first three pages then it is probably ok to post a thread, but checking with the mods is a good idea.

What was your fan club idea?

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  6. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Trying to decide if I want to do just a Myn and Kirney fan club (because they are awesome...but there's not a lot of stuff there, and little hope of more being produced, unless it's about their kids), or do a Antilles Family (excluding Wedge), because I think Syal, Myri, the original Jagged, Zena, Wynssa Starflare, etc deserve some love. I couldn't find either of them on the first ten pages.

Or maybe both. :)

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Antilles kids club? I like it!

8. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Jello would definitely go for a Antilles girls fan club. I thought one existed, but maybe we just talked about it.

9. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    So how do I ask the mods? And what about a Seha fan club?

10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    PM...though it isn't TECHNICALLY necessary, just preferred. After all, I didn't get permission for my KOTOR thread. Might want to make sure first though.

EDIT: Oh, and someone beat you to the Seha thread idea.:p

11. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Er...here's the embarrassing part...I don't know who this particular mod is, since it is not at the top anymore :(

Yay for a Seha thread!

12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah...get a different opinion, since I don't know which one either.:p

13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    That should actually be edited in the first post here as the info there is inacurate. The mods for the EUC are Sinrebirth and GrandAdmiralJello.

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  15. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Thanks! I shall pm one of them soon!

16. Doc_Bough

Doc_Bough Jedi Padawan

Sep 6, 2012
    Hello, can I make my first post here?

I joined so I can talk about Star Wars and the EU, because for years I've been "that Star Wars guy" in whichever group I'm in but I just recently realized I've been missing another "Star Wars guy/girl" to complain/analyze/ooze fandom with. I'm not sure what this place is, but EU Community sounds pretty cool so I thought I'd come here first.

s65horsey, Bardan_Jusik and Robimus like this.
  17. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Hi Doc_Bough welcome to the EUC.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, Welcome Doc_Bough!! Good to have you here! Take a look at the groups/clubs etc and see what you like, pop in and say hello and get to know us!

19. Doc_Bough

Doc_Bough Jedi Padawan

Sep 6, 2012
    Thanks! And uh...thanks for the "n00b" trophy hahaha.

Robimus likes this.
  20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL! We all got one of them.....at different points in the past ;)

Now to aim for your next one!

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    This is the place for you. Welcome.

22. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Hi Doc_Bough! Welcome to the EUC! What sort of EU interests do you have?

23. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    So, I'm a bit confused. How does the Senate here work? Specifically, how do groups qualify for a senator, and how are those senators elected?

24. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok so the Senate used to be a bit more formal than we are now. There used to be a constitution and everything but over the last few years a lot of changes have been made and I'm not sure we're completely adhering to that anymore since none of that has been posted in the opening posts of the new Senate threads. I believe Sinre is attempting to keep most of the old constitution however we don't have the population we used to so I know some of the rules are different now.

I requested to represent the Dawn of the Jedi FC (since I love comics), but according to the old constitution the thread needs 250 posts before it can become a member.

A Senator is agreed upon by the thread. There is no actual election for one unless there are two people who really would like to represent that thread. For the most part there are more FC's than people to be Senators for them so if there are two wanting one thread we try to convince one to move to a different thread.

I'm willing to help you *cough*spam*cough* the Antilles thread to get to the right number of posts so you can join. Personally I think we should abolish the old rule for post count. I isn't as if there is a massive power struggle (like there used to be) so people would create threads just to have more votes for themselves.

The types of things Sinre and I outlined in our speeches is what the Senate does. We are regular users who want to have fun and plan things for everyone to do. Sometimes there isn't enough Star Wars being released for on topic posting and every thread doesn't turn into a social club so it is nice to have other reasons to log on and post.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  25. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Ooooh, post-stuffing! (Er, but which Antilles thread ;) I have two!) I'm definitely up for either of them!

I love both Team 65 and Sinre's team - I can't decide which I'd wish to win! (I liked both posts :) ) I know if either of you win, it will be a really fun place to hang out! Not that it isn't already, but now there will be games and/or competitions and such!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.