main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Welcome to the EUC!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I'm glad you liked my speech! Thanks!

Well I meant your Antilles Girls thread. The Wedge FC is a new edition since that one existed before so I think it would already be qualified for you to represent.

2. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    It was a great speech. And I will definitely be excited to hear the song if you win!

Ah! I definitely would be happy to represent the continued legacy of the Antilles girls in the EUC - and I might feel a bit awkward about jumping in as senator for a club that's been around so long.

I shall start planning my posts! And get my minions to help!

3. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    You have minions? Excellent...

The Wedge FC hasn't had a Senator for a long time so there isn't any reason to feel awkward, though I think with hopefully more info coming out on the girls that it would be better to push that FC instead. I think sometimes we don't have enough interest in current Star Wars things going on from the people who have been around the EUC for awhile that it stunts our growth. I could be wrong though.

4. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Er...maybe only one minion. And maybe not really a minion, just a buddy. But I'll definitely recruit them!

I dunno. I adore Wedge (well, clearly), but I'm also super hopeful about Syal and Myri, especially with Allston's proposed stories to Del Rey mentioned at Dragon Con. It also helps that Wedge has definitely taken on the kind of mentoring/backup role that I'm hoping most of the original cast will take soon.

5. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Oh what? Not my speech?

6. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Alas, Mr. Knows Where Your Towel Is, I am sadly a sad man, full of sad thoughts and sad days. I cannot live to hear the election news!

7. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Okay, got the towel bit, what's the rest of that reference?

8. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Oh, I started to throw in the Shakespearean use of "sad" to mean "serious." And then misquoted Hamlet. :)

9. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    That might explain my confusion as it's been quite some time since I read or watched hamlet.

10. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    Oooh, you should go watch it again. The Branagh version (or even the Hawke version), not the Gibson version. The text was all mangled in the Gibson version.

11. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I love the Branagh version of Much Ado About Nothing. Oh, and a new version of Much Ado About Nothing is coming out next year I think with Nathan Fillion as Dogberry! I'm excited!

12. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    I know! I would love to see that too. I'm generally a big fan when it comes to Branagh and Shakespeare.

13. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    It seems we have several new users around! If they happen to drop by, Hai!!! :D

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Welcome to the madness!

15. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Madness, what madness? Oh hi Sinre... :p

16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello Guys. :)

Everything looks so different.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You're Nekked Jag!! Cover your body! :p (Avatar ;) )

18. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    *running tackle hugs*

Jag!!!!! OMG JAG IS BACK!!!!! [:D][:D][:D]

19. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Addie - I'm trying to figure that out. lol It's overwhelming!

*spins sey in circles* [:D][:D][:D]

s65horsey likes this.
  20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Good to have you back with us, choose an image, upload it and Walah! You're dressed!

21. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    We've apparently already had an entire discussion in the Cantina about being dressed.

22. imiller

Apr 26, 2004
    So, reading the constitution, I'm not quite sure of this question: can you be a leader of one group and a Senator of another?

23. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
  24. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Hi all. I haven't been around in a while and the boards really seem different. Would this be the place to ask what some general questions about the boards? I'm having a little trouble figuring out my alerts, specifically what being tagged means.

I'm looking forward to diving back into the rabbit hole of EU with you guys. It's been so long that I've forgotten just how much I loved being able to discuss SW with other people.

25. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Feel free to ask any question you like! Except for why we're insane. That's still under debate. Tagged means that someone specifically addresses you in a quote, or that they wanted you to see something in their post. If you're familiar with Facebook, they work similarly.

And I don't think that we've met, but we are quite pleased to have you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.