main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the Force Surfing World of Jedi, Sith, and Everything In-Between!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    DUDES AND DUDETTES, WE OF THE SANTA CRUZ FF BID YOU WELCOME!

If you enjoy laughing, fun, complete irreverance and have the "Laid-Back" attitude we all enjoy... Then Santa Cruz FF welcomes you into our little band of insanity. We don't care if you live locally in our area, in the next State or across the Big Pond! Come over, pull up a board, catch the next lava wave on Mustafar and hang ten with us.

And in keeping with the tradition that Santa Cruz is known and loved for..

Meetings are, like, when we have 'em, Man. Like, you know, when the cosmic forces tell us to. :cool:

So.........
    FORCE'S UP!

Master Kenobi..
    CR, Council Member, and Whatever Else Was Assigned to Me Cause I Missed A Meeting! :D

2. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    By the way, this was started cause we have so many great people that have become "Unofficial" members of Santa Cruz. Well, we have no problems with Dual Citizenship...so if you want also want to be an official member of SFCC too.. just let us know! (and let us know about yourself.) [face_thinking]

Guess I start the Huge Ball rolling (sorry, flashing back to Indy and Raiders).....

I've been involved with Santa Cruz FF since it's conception during Memorial Day Weekend 2005, at BayCon in San Jose, CA. The idea came to the four of us, now on the Council, during a great convention filled with laughter, comraderie, being with extended family, laughter, very little sleep, laughter, seeing the Emperor (DarkLordSid) make his Big Screen Debut (literally)in Troops II, laughter, and hooking up with even more Jedi, Hobbits and Pirates (oh yeah..wait until THIS year!). And..who can forget the "State of the Galaxy" Address given to us by our Emperor?!

(along with the now to be traditional "Jedi Mooning of the Emperor during his State of the Galaxy Address).

Also, did I mention that there was a lot of laughter?

I can usually be found at Conventions and Events as the McGregor Version of Kenobi either Ep II or Ep III and This Spring as the Good Captain Jack Sparrow..perhaps even Han or Indy again may show up in the future. :D Oh yeah..and if a certain few Hobbits get their way.. even a White Wizard! :)

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *waves* Hi, I'm Rachel

(Hello, Rachel),

And I'm from San Diego, CA. I first met the Santa Cruz fanforce on a movie set for Make-a-wish (LONG LIVE JEDI ON THE COUCH!)

I'm 19, a college student at UC San Diego, and I enjoy pina colladas and getting caught in the rain... wait a tick... ;)

Anyways, if you ever see that crazy blonde running around, it's usually me! :D

4. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    I guess I'll go next!

I'm a long-time Star Wars fan..... made my first Jedi costume (from scratch and making most of it up and then realizing how right most of it was) right after TPM came out back in '99.

I met Master Kenobi online sometime around 2001, and finally met her in person in the spring of 2002. (I think Josie swore to NEVER again ride in a vehicle that I was driving that spring!!!) But she forgave me later that day when I took them both to Denver Fabrics and she found the EXACT material that was used for Qui-Gon's tunics in all places!!! DENVER, CO!!!!

I got to go to CIII last spring and met up with them again, and I got to meet Sid and Mrs. Palpatine (both of whom totally ROCK!!!)

In fact... I love Star Wars so much... I got married to a wonderful man this past September who didn't blink an eye when I told him I wanted a Star Wars themed wedding, including costumes for the bride and groom! Darth Vader gave away the Bride too! And Qui-Gon Jinn married the happy couple!

Jedi Master/General "and now displaced Jedi refugee from 'Order 66'!" Shan

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Um...hi! I'm Kai. (Well, not really, but it's my screen name.) I guess on an unofficial level I've been part of the SCFF since its inception at Baycon this year as well, although I was not one of the people doing the actual FORMING of the group. I just hitched a ride over sushi that Saturday. ;)

I lived in SC for 11 years, although I don't live there now, so I figure that gives me some legitimacy. And I was writing Star Wars stories back when I was 11 years old and Return of the Jedi hadn't yet come out, so there's my stab at being a Genuine Fan. But I'm relatively new to organized Star Wars fandom, having only jumped back in shortly before the premiere of ROTS.

Happy to be here. I tend to ramble a lot, so whether you like it or not, you'll probably be seeing lots of posts by me as time goes by.

- Kai

6. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Hello, my name is Sid and I'll be your waiter...

NO!

Hello, my name is Sid, and I'm an alcho...

NO!

Hello, my name is Sid and I'll be your host today on Beat the Jedi...

STILL NOT IT!

Sigh.

*checks his list*

I'll get back to you later...

7. AniSkywalker06

AniSkywalker06 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    *picks up the phone* Jedi Temple. Anakin speaking. How may I direct your call?

I'm new to this whole thing so.. don't hit me for goofing up. *smiles*

But hi... I'm Ani.. or Amy.. either way. I also answer to hey you, Liz, Paris, Orli, Peter, James.. and many other names that arn't my own.

so yes... new to this all! Hi there!

And May the Force be with you.
    Anakin S.

8. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    And welcome Amy to the nuthouse, er, asylum, er, our little corner of this crazy world.

Oh, and of course, welcome to the rest of you as well (I didn't forget see? *Mrs Sid whaps Mr Sid on the head* OW! Okay, okay!)

And don't forget our sponsor, Sid's Used Speeders! You WILL have one, I have foreseen it.

9. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    O.k., so I spend more time on your boards than I do on SFFF...LOL.
    Can I have dual citizenship? Though, I suppose I'm involved with about a dozen different groups already. :D

10. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    As long as it's cool with SFFF, we're cool with it.

Or as they say down under, "You're in like a warm fish milkshake, mate!"

Whatever the hell THAT means.

*shivers*

11. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    You know your always welcome, Johny B. :D

12. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Thanks, that'll help my diet. Urp. Bleh.

And welcome, everybody!

- Kai

13. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Can't ya jus' see those fish heads spinnin' around in the blender...

Remember the Bass Master Delux on SNL?

*chuckles*

Anytime you need help turning away from food, jes' let me know. I'll warm up the DVD and pop in Ren and Stimpy reruns or maybe even Peter Jackson's epic BAD TASTE. Once you see that film you'll wonder endlessly how Hollywood EVER would give that man a dime.

Let's just say it really really REALLY lives up to it's name. It's so bad I think it rivals Plan 9 as the worst film ever made.

14. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I should check it out, just on general principle...

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Kai, from what I've heard...I think that you, being the quintessential Hobbit that you are, would truly appreciate the mastery of film making that dear Master Jackson put into this truly amazing piece of work. [face_whistling]

16. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    *snickers*

For once I agree with Master K.

"You will watch it, woooon't youuuuuu?

Heck, it's great background for opening those presses on Xmas day, kind of like TNT's 24 hours of a Christmas Story. Just a little bit of fun to look up at occasionally.

And you won't put your eye out either.

Maybe.

Speaking of A Christmas Story, STARS has gone over the deep end:

http://www.starz.com/features/christmasstory/

17. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    OH, That is great!!!!! Going to have to check out more of what they have to offer. Thanks for sharing, Sid.

18. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Between the stories and the lights...I'm scared. :)

19. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Then my work here is done.

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    We know you, Sid. Your work is NEVER done! [face_laugh]

21. CaptainJediPirate

CaptainJediPirate Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2006
    Hi, I'm kind of new to all of this but I have been taking a peek at your boards from time to time. I didn't even know there was a place like this until last July when I saw a group of people dressed in Star Wars costumes and fighting and stuff at our local theater, here in Riverbank. Oh yeah, I live in Riverbank which is kind of east of Santa Cruz. I mean not close butkind of in the middle of Ca. Anyways I was at the theater to see RotS in digital when they got their new projector. This group said that they had done promo work for the Galaxy Theater for the opening of the movie in May and then been asked to come here. They seemed really nice and told me about Fan Force.

So here I am. Sorry if I seem to be rambling but this is the first time I got brave enough to try and write anything. My name is Jackie but since PoC came out most of my friends call me Jack because I loved the movie so much. Almost as much as Star Wars.

Well bye for now and I'll post something again if I havn't made too much a fool of myself.

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome Jack! If you like Pirates, you've picked the right group. ;)

23. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Actually Riverbank is WAY east of Santa Cruz, we're on the coast above Monterey, you are in the inland valley probably closer to Sacramento (which has a FINE group there) as well as the Fresno area.

Although you are quite welcome to lurk our boards ("We have many nefarious denizens from far and wide that spy upon us, that love our wicked ways and evil laughter, heh heh heh") but for Event-wise you might find it easier locating a club somewhat closer to your area. Not to discourage you, but I don't want you to succomb to gas guage sticker shock when you realize the distance you are from us.

Neverless, welcome to the irreverent side of the force, where we poke fun at the world of Star Wars and just have FUN.

Welcome to the Asylum, where the doctors are out to lunch and the patients run freeeeeeeee!

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hi and welcome. Like Sid said, feel free to lurk and spy on us all you want. (We're used to it! [face_laugh] )

Irreverence is our name, and laughing is the game. But our mission, if we have one, is to have fun, Dude. Like, hang out and catch waves on Mustafar, and go to the beach for Anakin...uh... Marshmallow Roasts.

And if your into PoC, well we do have a PoC group as well, all major characters are spoken for, but always room for another scoundrel, that is if "You have the fortitude to serve under..."Huh? ..Oh...Um..Alright, Mr. Cotton's Parrot: Same Question!"

25. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    *puzzled look*

Er, even I didn't get one, and I'm the most obtuse person I know, next to me.

I think you need to lay off the Bantha Brew, Obi...and stay away from that Jack Sparrow Stormtrooper, he's a baaad influence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.