main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the future FanForce chapter of Tulsa!

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Mar 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    As said in the subject line, welcome! We look to be meeting all the prerequisites for forming our own FanForce chapter in the Tulsa area over the next several weeks. If we are aggressive enough, we can have it all done well in advance of the release of EP II. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or email me at ti622@yahoo.com.

2. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Below is a post I submitted previously on the SouthWest region forum. I will repeat it here because it is what I would like to see happen for the Tulsa FanForce once we become "official". If you have any ideas you would like to add, feel free. Look for a planned meeting within the next month. Time and place to be announced. I look forward to hearing from you.
    ---------------------------------------------
    I want to get a REAL FanForce chapter started in the Tulsa Area. Here are some of the events I would like to plan if we can get enough people involved:

-Monthly Meetings
    -If there is an interest, we can work on props and costumes
    -Discuss the latest books/comics, or cover older books
    -If there is enough interest, we could do RPG
    -Semi-annual Cook out
    -Attend EPs II and III as a group
    Create a permanent sense of community for Star Wars fans in the greater Tulsa area.

Let your own ideas be heard! What do you want in a FanForce chapter?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Jake

3. ExeterIsLame

ExeterIsLame Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2002
    Great googly moogly we gots a forum
    Yay @ us :)

4. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I had forum once...got a shot for it...cleared right up....

Shadoe

5. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    congrats on your forum guys!
    i'm actually from phoenix, arizona, but i was born in tulsa, so i had to drop by and say hi! we have another one in phoenix from tulsa too; idiots array...
    so feel free to come visit our wretched hive of scum and villany, aka the phoenix forum!

6. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I have some email address from back in Ep 1 when there was a group that formed for the line and other activities. Lets get it going.

7. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Hey, all. Congrats on the new board. Like sideshow I was born in Tulsa and lived there for about 10 years. Now I'm in Phoenix, Arizona. We'll be checking in from time to time, so good luck and...

May the Force be with you. :D

w00t!

-> IA

8. spacemonkey

spacemonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2000
    I was in Norman for the Episode 1 line and it went pretty well. I got in for the first show. Now i'm in Tulsa and i have a very excited 3 year old nephew who will be lining up with me (yes his mom doesn't care). What theatre had star wars last time?

9. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Having been in Salt Lake City for the premiere of EP I, I wouldnt know what theater had it. Are you interested in joining a fan group that will go beyond the release of EP II? Do you know of any others that might be interested? I look forward to hearing from you.

Jake
    "General_Fel"

10. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    The theatre that we lined up for in Ep1 was at Starworld. Starworld was very interested in working with us, we even had our own website. We had planned for a 3-4 day wait with charity fund-raising activities. Then the ticket buying procedure was changed at the last minute. Tickets went on sale 2-3 days before the 1st showing instead of the same day and all of our grand plans went down the drain. We did have some guys stay overnight, during a thunder storm if I remember right and the rest of us showed up that morning.

11. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    well I am interested in being a part of the Fan Force chapter in Tulsa.

I think seeing Episode 2 with a group would be fun. Some friends of mine up here have been talking of seeing it at the Promenade.

Who knows maybe I can talk them into joining the chapter.

I saw Episode 1 in McAlester and they didn't start selling tickets till 11am the day it came out. There was a decent number of people in line. I was like #8 or so.

12. tk8201

tk8201 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    howdy, i from texas,and a member of the 501st. i heard about this fanforce group via ti622,and wanted to say hi.

Is anyone planning to go to the Plano expo Star wars 25th celebration??

jake, watch out for those rebs.

take care

13. Jeanne_Skywalker

Jeanne_Skywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2001
    I just thought I would drop in and say hello. I'm originally from Tulsa and will be spending the summer there and seeing Episode 2 there. Currently I'm living in upstate New York going to school and before moving here, I lived in Norman for 5 years while attending OU.

I'm so excited to see that Tulsa has a fan force! Looking forward to hearing about events.

14. Gytheran

Gytheran Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    Well I guess this is as good a place as any to introduce myself...

Hello, I'm Joe... Star Wars Fanatic and replica prop collector.

Hey Mike(mike2 I take it?), how's it going? :)

I saw some of you at Trek Expo this year, which is how I found out about the chapter to begin with. Anyways... I'm glad to see Tulsa finally has a chapter of Fanforce and I hope to meet more of you in the future.

Thanks,

~Joe

15. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Joe,
    I heard what you said about me in TFBB. It was not my intention to treat you like that in anyway. I don't know how you got that impression of me. If you remember I was nice enough to suggest a certain picture of me in Vader. You were the only one I suggested that to the whole weekend. I was trying to be nice to you and you considered me rude or treating you like a 16 year old. I'm trying to figure that out.

16. Gytheran

Gytheran Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    Mike,
    I mean no ill will towards you. At the time, I misinterpreted what I thought to be a kind of standoffish attitude as a judgement of age(as it does seem to happen quite frequently and did on the rpf when my avatar was a pic of myself). Come to find out, after talking to Otto last night, that's just you. My mistake and I'm sorry. To tell you the truth, I didn't know that was you in the Vader suit until last night.

I'm assuming you talked to Gary then. I do hope he expressed the intent of the post, which was not a personal bash, but a reply to a comment that Gary looks young. I will remove that portion of the post.

If you would like to talk further on this or anything else, by all means E-mail me at: gytheran@hotmail.com or you can IM me on AIM: Gytheran

I do hope to get to know you better in the furure. It's pretty cool how many of us prop and costume collecting people there are in the Tulsa area.

~Joe

For all others reading this... I'm Sorry for all of the unneeded controversy.

This is the pic Mike(Otto said Mike1) was referring to:

http://gytheran.com/expo2002/vader_choke.jpg

17. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Joe/Mike...

Ug, see what happens when I screw up and open my mouth. Joe, don't worry about Mike. I was was going to tell you over at the other board that Mike was probably just exhausted from messing in that suit on Saturday. He's a generally cool guy and doesn't have the "age-problem" that some people have.

Is everyone happy now? I would hate for this board to suffer because of cross board politics from other forums and miscommunications between members...

-Gary

18. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Cool pic. I am glad that everything is cleared up. I have no idea how you got the impression that Mike1 is standoffish. That, he is not. NOW me on the other hand, I have been called that many, many times. So, don't bad mouth me any where if I don't warm up to you. I think several people (Otto for sure) will tell you to watch out for me. But it's all in fun. They love me and don't know how to express it. ;) Any way, this place is for fun (even if some of us go over board every once and a while), so welcome.

LMG

19. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    You don't think we express our feelings about you accurately? ;)

20. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Nope. Like Gary said, you guys are like school boys running around the play ground. The only way you know how to show your feeling is to try and beat me up. 8-} [face_love] LOL!

21. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    You know what? I think I am just going to keep my trap shut from now on. I seem to truly be asking for trouble nowadays...

;)

-Gary

22. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Oh Gary would you keep your trap shut...Geez.

Anyways Joe, I understand people could get the wrong impression and I was tired so who knows what I would have looked liked. Why don't we just start all over. Hi my name is Mike!!! Welcome.

23. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.