main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to The Jedi Knights of Cleveland

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Hello everyone, welcome to the Cleveland chapter of Fanforce...know as The Jedi Knights of Cleveland

Feel free to get to know your fellow Cleveland/Akron area Star Wars fans. Meanwhile let me answer some of the more common answers I get from people interested in joining.

* How do I join "The Jedi Knights of Cleveland?"
    The answer is real simple, if you're a registered member of theforce.net's Jedi Council Discussion Forums...you are more then welcome. There are no membership fees, and registering at force.net is free.

* What kind of things do "The Jedi Knights of Cleveland" do?
    We do more then just post on the boards. Once a month, we try to hold an official "meeting" where we can discuss anything related to the Fanforce in-person. It's also a nice way to get to know the other members of the group. More often then not, our meetings are held in public places (Southpark Mall is one of our favorites) but we've started having events at people's homes as well. We try to keep the "meeting buisness" to as little time as possible, and spend more time socializing (doesn't always work that way). One of the things we've taken to doing is seeking out, not only SW fans from the Cleveland area...but other Fanforces as well.

* If I have any questions, who should I ask?
    There is a "Jedi Council" of The Jedi Knights of Cleveland As Chapter Representative (the only title given by Fanforce) I'm one person you could direct your questions to, this is the current listing of "the council":

Cleveland Jedi Council
    Krash - Chapter Rep
    DonC - Treasury, Public Relations
    Darth-Zod - Voting and Policies

Official Voting Rules for The Jedi Knights of Cleveland Fanforce (contact Darth-Zod for questions)

I. When a vote is required within the Cleveland Fan Force (CFF), the Cleveland Jedi Council (CJC) member in charge of CFF voting and policy will start an online poll within the forum in regards to the issue at hand.

II. For purposes of controlling socks, trolls, flames, and non CFF members, no one with a TheForce.Net (TF.N) registration date newer than three months will be permitted to vote. Candidates for voting who have been registered with TF.N for three or more months must then complete one of the following to be eligible to vote:
    A. The candidate may attend one CFF meeting or event.
    B. The candidate may petition the CJC for the privilege to vote. Upon receiving the request, members of the CJC will check the posts of the candidate to see how they have contributed to the CFF. The candidate must receive the approval from the majority of the CJC in order to receive the privilege to vote.

III. CFF members who are eligible for voting may cast their vote by selecting the option box next to the choice of their preference and clicking the vote button. This must be done within the allowed polling period.

IV. CFF members who choose to vote must then divulge how they voted with a post within the thread indicating how they voted. This must be done within the allowed polling period.

V. At the end of the polling period, the choice with the most eligible votes will be declared the winner.

VI. In the event of a tie, a new poll will be conducted amongst the choices that were tied. Only members of the CJC can vote within this poll following all of the rules described within the ?Official Voting Rules for the Cleveland Fan Force?.

VII. The CJC reserves the right to revoke the privilege of voting by a majority vote from any member of the CFF for socking, trolling, flaming, or abuse.

Underage Member Policy (contact Krash for details)
    The Jedi Knights of Cleveland is an unofficial Star Wars fan club (not affiliated in any way with Lucasfilm, Ltd or its subsidiaries). It is made up of people who enjoy the Star Wars films and their various spin-offs. We enjoy spending time with each other in various pursuits, such as, but not limited to: discussing our love of Star Wars

2. lightsaberman

lightsaberman Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2002
    hey there, i attended the John Williams concert and saw some of the Jedi Knights of Cleveland there, and got some info about this site, so i'm glad to be part of it now!

3. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Welcome to the Fanforce boards! You probably spoke with me at the concert (brown hair, glasses, black CelebrationII T-shirt) Glad you could join us, make yourself at home!

4. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Bump

I think city reps should get that new feature to make threads sticky. That way threads like this one and our meeting announcements will stay at the top.

5. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    They have that over on ezboard...

Anyways... Welcome to the new members! :)

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    You don't yet know the power of the bumpage...

7. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Thanks for this Imformation, and I look forward to being here :D

I don't think I will be joining any of your events or anything, just posting and talking here :p :)

Cheers,
    Shinjo!

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Fair enough, but remember you're always welcome at any of our outside events/meeting. All we ask is that you post (or just loggin) from time-to-time, so we don't think you've gone for good!

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I know that post and vote duties are Zod's, but can I make a suggestion... not that people should be 'forced' (excuse the pun) to be part of the fanforce at meetings and such, but I do think we should not take any votes into consideration for people who we haven't met yet, per trolls and socks. I mean, I believe in everyone having an equal vote, but I don't believe in imaginary people having votes to stuff ballots. I just want our voting policy to be as accurate as possible. Not trying to infringe on anyone's territory, just trying to help develop a policy for the future so that we have an effective voting process.

10. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    I will still stay here :)

I just like to stay and talk or post :D

Cheers,
    Shinjo!

11. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Random, that policy is already in place.

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Just checking Zod.

13. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    bump for newbie

14. GenerationX7

GenerationX7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2002
    Hello everyone.

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Welcome to the Jedi Knights of Cleveland, feel free to get to know everyone here on the boards.

Where are ya from? How did you hear about us?

I tried to answer most of the basic questions I get from new members. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

There is alot of things in the works for us in the next couple weeks: we're deciding whether to create our own website, we're exploring options for creating Fanforce T-shirts...which can be sold to raise money towards some charities we're going to donate to (all this in being discussed on some of the other threads). So make yourself at home, we'll be holding a "meeting" in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes out for that.

We're also involved in a fun game with the Detroit Fanforce, we're calling "the Clown Wars" Don't worry, you'll catch on fast!

16. GenerationX7

GenerationX7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm from Barberton and I heard about this Fan Force from JarJarJedi. I've been meaning to post here for a while and I just did.

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    bump

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I've edited the "Underage Member" rules and policy that was implemented at the September 29th meeting onto my 1st post. Everyone should read ever everything. If your one of our underage members, and need a copy of the policy/release form...let me know and I'll get you a copy.

19. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Thanks for the info. I think I'm just going to be hanging around the boards though ;)

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Not a problem, your more then welcome to be hanging around the boards...alot of people do just that.

Aside from that, there's not much to being considered a "member" of this Fanforce... other then to what we've described as "actively participate" with the group (either online/in-person/both).

EDIT: now that this thread is permanently at the top of this page, THIS copy really isn't necessary? LOCKED by Krash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.