main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Welcome to the LAFF! Come in and Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    We used to have a sticky Welcome thread, and I don't know where it went, but I'd like to welcome a dear old friend aboard: Rebel_1138! I met J. (I won't use his real name unless permission is given) long ago when I lined up for Episode One in Orange County. There was a nascent internet then, but most of us fans hooked up in person. J. was and still is an awesome costumer and, along with another fellow SW fan/costumer, we three made Ep. 1 costumes, entered a rather famous costume contest, and won a huge prize our first time out. That was long ago, in 1999. I'm happy to say that after much time and my moves, he found me again, and I led him here -- so please greet this great guy with all your awesome LAFF coolness! Welcome, R1138! (We abbreviate everyone's usernames here :D)

2. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Yay, a new member! Welcome! Yes, we are a little crazy here but don't let that scare you. :p

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The sticky on the Welcome Thread expired, that's why it went off the board. I'll sticky this one and it'll stay.

Hi, Rebel_1138! Welcome to the boards! Hope to see you at a get-together soon.

4. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Thanks for the sticky VK! [:D]

5. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Oooh, can I be a new member too? [face_praying]
    Seriously, welcome aboard, R1138! We are the coolest SW group around! Well, except for Dick Cheney, that is....

6. Rebel_1138

Rebel_1138 Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2007
    Well a big thanks to all of your warm welcomes and especially you Liz. Yes my costuming dates back to around 1996, I hooked up with Kathy Kattara (made my Fett jump suit for me)when I sculpted an entire Fett suit sans helmet. I cast up the suit in fiberglass and the jetpack was PVC board for the body and I sculpted the rocket and end caps. Then came CI and while in Denver I overheard some one mention he lived in a city next to mine. Well he had a great looking Dengar and I with Fett decided to troop together during the rest of the event. We became friends and decided to go to see EP I near us and while in line we met Liz. From there we all decided to make Jedi costumes and go to SDCC...we did, and won!! We all had a blast during that time. Sad thing was we all moved about the same time and lost each other..I ended up working on Rogue (fan film) with my friend but he dropped out of costuming and what not. 7 years later I find Liz on a forum I had visited about twice a month for years...who knew?? I decided for my sanity and enjoyment of life I needed to get back into costuming...so here I am. WOW!! I did not mean to run on so much but what a neat story.

Cheers,
    Jeff

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    That is a very cool story... welcome to the board!

8. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Great telling of the tale Jeff! Look forward to seeing you on Friday!

And, everyone please welcome Todd who has been contacting me through our private site!

Welcome Todd! And we'll see you too on Friday! :D

9. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Salute Star Wars fans! I will be a new memeber to you area. I am living in Sacramento. I have had the pleasure of flying with my fellow Rogues of the Sacramento Valley (SVRF) and (SFFF). Now I am moving to zip code 90019. I think this is the right place? Anyways just wanted to introduce myself. I am an original fan since 1977, Yeah! I will be moving to LA three days before C-4. Oh the madness, but I will be staying there at the hotel headquarters for the week. Let me know if the group is doing anything special? Also please let me know where and when the next meeting is. And please feel free to pm me or just say hi below.

Cheers,
    Avalyn

10. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Welcome Avalyn! We're all getting ready for CIV! We're having a dinner downtown Th, 5/24...details are in this thread. Looking forward to meeting you!

11. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Thanks, I will check my calendar. I have to look at my time window for the fast-track C-4 store.

12. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Welcome A07! I hope you are able to hang out with us.

13. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I thought ES was posting. :oops: Welcome A07!

14. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Welcome Avalyn! I'm a newbie too. Well, to be more accurate a 6 month old member. :D
    Hope to meet you soon!

15. Avalyn07

Jun 1, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome ya'll. :D

16. BorriKuuaah

BorriKuuaah Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2006
    Wanted to introduce myself to the group. I am Borri Kuuaah (BK). Have been a member or a while but have only posted recently. I am really looking forward to C4 and meeting all you at dinner on Thursday. Thanks!

17. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Welcome BK! See you Thursday!

18. Arminca

Arminca Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Welcome A7 and BK. You'll enjoy our group. I'll be going to CPK tmrw so can't wait to meet you.C-IV is going to be a lot of fun.[face_alien_1]

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Hi BK, it was great to meet you and your friend. I hope you will be able to come to future events.

20. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Hey, do I get commission if anyone that I talked to working the pacific region table join? I mean, 10% of nothing sounds fair, right?

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That sounds fine with me but I'm not in charge of anything. SR and I spoke with a guy named Mike or Michael near the Lego booth at CIV. If he joins do we get 10% of nothing also? I guess SR and I would have to split it. JR was there also but he didn't contribute towards the conversation so I don't think we need to share with him... [face_whistling]

22. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Sounds good to me.

23. JasonR02

JasonR02 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2007
    Hey, my name is Jason and I just moved to LA not quite two months ago from South Carolina. I'm 23, and a graduate of the College of Charleston-Class of 2006. I'm an actor(yes, what this city needs more of, I know). I've been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember and would love to get involved with the Fan Force here in LA.

24. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    WElcome to Fan Force and to California, Jason

25. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Welcome Jason! Hey, we could always use more actors...especially if they are good! Best of luck (or break a leg) and hope to see you at a future L.A. Fan Force gathering!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.