main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Welcome to the LAFF! Come in and Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Yes, JJ, you are great to talk to! And you can be very cerebral...until a Slave Princess Leia walks by.

2. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Well everyone has their weaknesses...

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    My stomach has just found its...

[face_laugh]

4. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Are we making you sick? Or do you have something delicious to eat?

5. Lianakin

Lianakin Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2007
    Hello, everyone!

I'm Liane,...a.k.a. "Lianakin"...and I'm a newbie here on this board.
    (ugh, is being a newbie like being a padawan? OH Force, I hope not. LOL!)

;)

I'm a Los Angeles resident since 2001, and I'm a film actor.
    (OK, so I'm not quite a well-known actor, *yet*, but, I'm working on it. ;) I've done a few action indie films, a few student films, and, I'm about to start production on a new short film this fall, sort of a Star Wars/ROTS homage. I hope to use it as part of my demo-reel, as well as to enter it into a "fan film competition". If Lucas happens to see it, I'll be praying on my lucky stars that there could maybe be some future part in the TV show for me? Hmmm, difficult to tell...always in motion is the future. ;)

ANYWAY....aside from acting, I also enjoy costuming and roleplaying, and my costume-persona character is,...you guessed it - Anakin Skywalker.
    (yes, I know, that's kind of unusual for a woman. Believe me, my husband thinks so too. LOL!!!)
    The costuming thing is something I just sort of stumbled into....it started several months ago when I decided to dress up for Comic-Con this year as my favorite Star Wars character Anakin just for fun. I thought it would be a clever costuming idea because I happen to resemble him, plus I'm very tall, thin and lanky, and so I made a screen-accurate Anakin/ROTS costume, did some special-effects makeup tricks and added masculine brows/sideburns, and, MUCH to my surprise, the result was eeeeeeerie - instant Anakin look-alike! Quite bizarre since I'm a woman. In costume with the boots I stand over 6 feet tall, and, when I speak in a deeper voice and add Anakin's distinctive dialect, I manage to freak out most of my friends and myself too.
    At Comic-Con this past July, I was overwhelmed with the reaction I got from everyone.....about 500 people asked if they could get a photo of me, and two young teenage girls actually did the fan-girl squeal thing for a few seconds when they first saw me. What a total trip as an actor, to somehow pull that off and get that kind of response! During Comic-Con I was approached by a rep from the 501st who was very impressed with my costume and the lookalike issue, and he and two other 501st garrisons encouraged me to join their group and consider pursuing the costuming as a semi-professional endeavor, for events, charity functions, and for extras-work.......
    .....SO, that's what started me on this path. Not long after that, my friends and family had given me the nickname "Lianakin" which is where my username comes from.
    I just recently applied for membership in the 501st and The Rebel Legion, and I'm already a member of The Jedi Assembly, which is how I found out about this site.

OK, so, that's my story, and I suppose that definitely qualifies as a formal introduction.
    I'm looking forward to meeting you all here on the forum, and, have a fantastic Holiday weekend!
    May The Force Be With You,............
    Liane~

6. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    welcome.

and I know I've heard of and seen a female Obi-Wan that also looks pretty spot on, so its not entirely unheard of.

7. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I saw a few women dressed in Annakin style Jedi robes at CIV. They looked very stylish to me. In fact, I plan to make myself a set of leatherette tabbards and get that stylish 'bad girl' thing going. Welcome & see you on the costuming thread.

8. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Ohh Noo VK2 is going down the darkside path and once you follow it forever shall it rule your destiny.

9. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Well, VK2, I think you would look very stylish in a Slave Leia outfit! o_O

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I don't think I'll have enough spare time to do that many sit ups and crunches in the next year, JJ. But, thanks anyway.

GF13, there's a BIG difference between being naughty and a slave to evil. Although, I am, at this point in my life, definitely a wage slave to evil. Oh well, interviewing I shall go.

11. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    VK2 good to hear that you have not fallen in to darkness and I wish you much luck and prosperity with your interviews.[:D]

12. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Some of us costume too, and are members of those groups...welcome!

13. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Welcome to those I have yet to welcome. I too have a costume...one that needs some re-working very badly!

14. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I am also hoping to create a costume sometime in the near future. Welcome!

15. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Mz it is your Destiny to Costume I have Forseen it.

16. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I hope his near future destiny is to get a vehicle & drivers license since MZ misses out on too many fun things due to lack of transport.

17. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Hello.

My name is Jiltedtoo.

I'm new to the LA Fan Force.

I have been a fan of Star Wars since I was a kid. I love Star Wars because phasors are awesome.

18. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Welcome JT! We desperately need someone who can show us how phasers work. Please come to our next meeting. [face_laugh]

19. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    JT,
    Please don't tease us with news of your moving back here and gracing us with your presence once again. I just cant take it...:_|

20. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Welcome I am confused? Phasers? Are you sure we aren't talking about Lightsabers?

21. carmenite

carmenite Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Hi there - I'm Carmen, and I've been meaning to get involved with LAFF since I moved here over the summer, but my life's just settled down enough for me to do it. I moved here from Texas, and while I wasn't involved with my ff back home, I did get involved with FFNSW when I studied abroad in Australia as an undergrad (random, I know). I know I met a couple of you at CIV, but I can't remember who they were for the life of me. I've been lurking for a while but finally decided it was time to post.

So... hi? (I can be kind of awkward at this introductions thing...)

22. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Welcome to the group, and thats quite a place to study.
    Where were you studying down there? I'm assuming one of the Sydney universities, but which one?

23. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Welcome to the LAFF! :D

24. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Welcome! Live long, post often, and join in the fun!:D

25. carmenite

carmenite Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Thanks for the welcomes :)

Lowbacca - I LOVED Australia, and still stalk their boards and post there occasionally. I was at Macquarie University, in North Ryde, during the first half of 2002. I got to watch AotC at Fox Studios with them and everything :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.