main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to The Linc--The Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by YoungAngus, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    [image=http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20020912/nfl_eagles_vertlogo_43873.gif]

Fans of the JC unite to discuss the past, present, and future of the NFL's greatest team!

[image=http://www.nflticketsnow.com/images/eagles.gif]

2. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Huge win at Washington, we lose that game IMO, the season is done. Hopefully we can squeak into the playoffs with the wild card spot.

3. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I thought this was an Eagles discussion thread...

4. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I honestly don't think they are going to make it in this year. :(

5. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    They still have a shot, I think. Seven games left, a very tough stretch with facing all 3 East opponents on the road consecutively. On the other hand, look how chewed up the 'Boys and the Giants are getting. Washington will be dangerous because of the spoiler factor. 5 wins and they're in. At the beginning of this season I didn't think they'd retake the East.I did think they'd get back into the playoffs, maybe win one game and then get eliminated. This season would restore confidence, get the ship back on an even keel. That losing streak was mindblowing, but hopefully an aberration.

However, first things first: the Titans. Jim Johnson gets another chance to bamboozle and freak out another rookie QB. :p

6. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    :( pwnt

7. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    You do realize I will be razing you guys on a regular basis, right? :)

As I assume you will raz me when I start a Cowboys, no?

8. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Yes, but we still love you anyway. And yes, we will razz you in your Cowgirls thread.

9. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    How many plays did the Titans have on their first drive, I just turned the station and they've already scored.

10. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Judging by that playcall, it looks like Reid has taken playcalling duties back.

11. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    Wow, that does not look good for McNabb, I sure hope he didn't aggravate his injury from last year.

I have to say I'm impressed out how concerned a lot of the Titans were. Who says that good sportsmanship is dead?

12. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Ignorant people that's who.

I picked Philly to win today. So do it. If they beat my Skins in Washington they should beat Tenn in Philly. [face_plain]

13. NorCalBirdz

Dec 28, 2004
    Wow. The season is officially over. What a tease the Eagles were all season, and still are. We saw what they were capable of early on.

Should McNabb be out for the rest of the season and the Eagles tank, hopefully that doesn't give Fat Andy backers an excuse for keeping him around.

14. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Well, it looks like the return of the "Bad News Eagles".

15. NorCalBirdz

Dec 28, 2004
    "This is as much of a mess as I have seen in ages"

~Merril Reese [face_frustrated]

16. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    This is the worst part of McNabb going down. All the Reid apologists in the media and the fanbase will give him a pass for the failure this season because McNabb went down.

17. NorCalBirdz

Dec 28, 2004
    Philadelphia Eagles: Perennial Super Bowl Contenders

2001-2006

@};-

18. ApolloSmileGirl

Jun 18, 2004
    They aren't that bad off yet, wait until you see how McNabb is before you say all that. I'm starting to agree about Reid becoming a liability though. How many more years are left on his contract? I'm assuming he got some sort of extension after making it to the SuperBowl.

EDIT-Scratch that, torn ACL, Donavon's out for the season.

19. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Not only the season, McNabb's out 8 months to a year. :( We're done without him if we play like we did today.

20. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I think a lot of people viewed this game as the decisive game that will decide which way the Eagles season will go. We'll, we did find that answer, it's just not a good one for Eagles fans.

McNabb is that team. No one else is even close to that title. Andy Reid is certainly not bringing the Eagles in the right direction. I can read Andy Reid. 3rd and 1? He's probably going to go long. First play of the game? Probably going to go long. You just know what he's going to do before he even does it. And if I see another time management issue, I'll be convinced that the Eagles are the most poorly managed team in the NFL this season. Poorly managed.

21. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    fixed.

As to the Eagles, they need to rebuild and clean house. First off, Andy Reid must go. They need new blood in the coaches office. Secondly, although he is my favorite player, McNabb is now out 8 months to a year with a torn ACL. Most QB's are never the same after this injury, especially at Donovan's age of 30. It is time for the Eagles to start building for the future, which should not include Donovan as the centerpiece. They need to start finding the QB for the future and start building the team around that player.

22. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    If you're talking about trading up for some draft picks, who would you give up?

23. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    The Eagles won't need to trade up. They will be lucky to win 1-2 games the rest of the season. They will have a pretty high draft pick without trading up.

24. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    What about trading for more draft picks?

25. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    If you're in rebuilding, then anyone over 30 with trade value: Dawkins, Kearse, Trotter, Runyan...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.