main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to The Linc--The Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by YoungAngus, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Kearse's trade value will be mediocre at best.

Trade Dawkins, and the city of Philadelphia won't forgive you for a long time.

2. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I honestly don't think this FO has the foresight to go into rebuilding mode. And Lurie has proven he's more interested in making money than winning.

3. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Ordinarily I think this would be the case. But now with McNabb out for maybe a year from an injury he may never truly recover from (ala Cunningham), the front office will now have to really start focusing on the future of the team and rebuilding.

4. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Steve, why in the hell would you trade Brian Dawkins? o_O

5. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I wouldn't necessarily trade him. But if you could get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him, they should consider it. I didn't even advocate making trades. I mentioned rebuilding and re-focusing the team. Obi_Wan brought up trades. In a rebuilding, almost everyone, other than young, talented guys are fair game. If the right offer comes for players like Dawkins and Trotter (such a 1st or 2nd round pick), the Eagles should seriously consider the move is all I am saying.

6. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Because when it comes to making trades, you actually have to trade with something of equal or lower value? Unless, of course, money or draft picks are included on top of a trade.

7. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I don't like trades. It's rare that we ever end up on the good end of the deal, though I know it's something that has to be done. I really hate being right about this season though. So how do you think the back ups will do with the rest of the season?

8. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    One word: terrible

Edit: oh well, now that the season is over, it'll make studying for the PA Bar exam on the weekends a lot easier.

9. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004

Eagles back-ups won't really do much and that schedule is far from easy. Indy, NY, Dallas are all now loseable games.

10. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
  11. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
  12. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Was this headline underneath the story necessary: ? Freeman: On list of best ever, L.T. already No. 6 (with a bullet)

13. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    I dont know about you guys, but Im really glad Garcia is QB instead of Feeley.

14. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    The radio guys seemed to think that Feeley should be out there to get him more experience.

15. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I think it is a close call. Garcia obviously has more experience and I think might make some better choices with the football. On the other hand as we saw last game, He wasn't completing many long passes down the field. True, that could be attributed to the fact that those were his first game reps of the season but I think that Garcia is lacking the arm strength to throw the ball down field. Feeley on the other hand has a stronger arm and I think could use the experience. Now I know it is different team, etc. but Feeley was able lead the team to the playoffs before when McNabb went down. I think you give the ball to Feeley but let's see how Garcia does next game. Either way, the Eagles as a team need to help them out. They can't be dropping interceptions and sure first downs if they want to win. Lito could have had at least one, maybe more INT's returned for a touchdown if he caught some of Young's throws that hit him right in the chest. The same goes for the wide recievers. They need to make the catches to help out their QB.

16. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    The Eagles wide recievers are playing horrible IMO. The last game it was drop after drop.

17. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    It wasn't Feeley that carried them to the playoffs in '02. It was their defense and the three headed monster running attack of Staley/Buckhalter/Westbrook. Feeley was the game manager that protected the football. It was the Eagles stingy defense that was letting up about 13 points a game that carried them to the playoffs (as it carried them throughout their championship run from '01-'04). They then relied on the running game to control the ball and clock to keep the defense rested. This years Eagles defense (as with last years defense) is not very good and can no longer be counted on to carry this team as in years past.

Secondly, their chances for success the rest of the year rest on the running game. However, they still have no power back to compliment Westbrook and a coaching staff that is still non-committed to the running game.

I really don't think it matters which of these QB's play. With the butter finger wide receivers, shaky defense, and non-commitment to the running game from the coaching staff, neither Garcia nor Feeley have much of a chance in leading this team anywhere.

18. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I'd like to thank the Eagles defense, okay I'm a Packers fan so I really really have no leg to stand on when it comes to defense, but for allowing Joseph Addai to score four touchdowns tonight a spurring me to a twenty-two point lead in my fantasy league.

19. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I was on the opposite end of that last night. My fantasy team was up 23 points going into last night game. My opponent had Addai and I lost this week.

As to the crappy Eagles, I almost crashed my car driving home from work tonight listening to Andy Reid's tired BS excuses for him and his crappy team on his weekly interview with Merrill Reese. This guy has no freakin' clue and has clearly lost the control and respect of this team. He and the rest of the coaching staff need to go and we need new blood and a new approach. We cannot band aid this team any longer. It is time to clear house and rebuild.

20. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I know what you're going through, we had to hear Mike Sherman's lame excuses every week here.

21. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    That also describes Tom Coughlin to a T. :p

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    You've been saying this most of the season, and I've voiced my disagreement just about every time.

After the past few weeks, I think I understand why you've been saying it all along.

Injuries suck, but bad coaching is bad coaching, and it's hard to cover it up. Reid should go.

23. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    SLR I've pretty much disagreed with your take on the Eagles this whole season, but like the poster above me, I'm starting to see that you were probaly right all along. It hurts, because I really wanted to see this team and coaching staff win it all, and it will be hard to see some coaches and players go, but I hate seeing teams who just stick a piece of gum in the cracks in the dam instead of building a new one year after year, and The Eagles are becoming one of those teams. :(

RIP Super Bowl hopes. @};-

24. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I know you've had a bullseye on Reid for a while, SLR. Is there any coach/coordinator/system you've had in mind as a replacement? Perhaps someone related to Shanahan to build a line and run the ball? Or do what the Jets and Browns did and hire former Patriots?

25. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    yep, I would like the Eagles to go and hire who they should have hired in '99: Jon Gruden, who allegedly is unhappy in Tampa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.