main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to The Linc--The Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by YoungAngus, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think that would be a great hire for Philly, and his personality fits them perfectly.

I'm also interested to see if Steve Mariucci re-enters the business next season, thats far too much talent to be wasted on the NFL Network.

2. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I've never been that impressed with Mariucci. He lets his players get away with too much and his teams tend to underachieve.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    He may be better suited for college.

In that case, I hope he holds out one year and comes to coach Tennessee. [/wishful thinking]

4. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    Man, Im so happy, I got tickets to the Eagles vs Falcons game! That might be the game that decides who goes to the playoffs.

5. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Eagles over the Giants today. [face_devil]

6. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Well it is offcially known that if we win we got NO next week.

7. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I'm not afraid of NO. We barely lost to them earlier in the season, and they lost to the 'Skins who we have beaten twice.

Don't want to get ahead of myself here, need to focus on the NY game first, :p

8. THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN

THE_JEDI_GUARDIAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2006
    This should be a fairly easy game today.

9. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I don't know, be careful. The Giants like to play opposite day a lot. When people expect them to play good, they play bad. When people expect them to play bad, they play good. I don't think it's going to be as easy as some might expect it to be.

10. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I agree. I think we will win, but it may not be as easy as some think.

11. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    I always hate it when they predict we will win because that's when things can go bad, especially with the Giants ego. I'm gonna cross my fingers, but I think we can pull it off.

12. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Good win, I think we let the Giants get back in it but a good win regardless and on to NO.

13. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Solid win. Garcia and Westbrook can lead this team places.

I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but talking to my dad the other day we got on the topic of what if Garcia leads the Eagles to the Super Bowl and wins it? I can kinda feel that kind of momentum building in Philly and I'm not even a big fan, but this is the most dangerous team in the playoffs right now.

I really don't see the Saints beating you guys.

14. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I've been talking up Philly as my pick for the Superbowl from the NFC for three weeks now at work. Don't let me down fellas!

15. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    They were a pretty popular pick, before the season started.

16. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    The quarterback thing is sticky. Donovan is the leader but he does tend to get unjured and Garcia's done a great job. Both of them are good guys so they would handle it without a lot of histrionics. The thing is, if Garcia wins the superbowl I think there would be a lot of people wanting to keep him over Donovan. He would get a bunch of offers and probably end up going elsewhere and we would end up with Donovan anyway. Which might not be the best thing in the long term. Garcia doesn't get as rattled as McNabe. It would be a hard choice. I want to keep em both. me = greedy. ;)

17. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Well, if Garcia sticks to what he's been saying, unless there's a team with good prospects for a playoff run that shows interest, he wants to stay in Philly. And I say we should grab him up.

Re: McNabb: He is a very talented QB, but the injuries and the general skittishness he exhibits are detractors. Perhaps if he and Garcia work together, he can learn to overcome that, and inject some passion into his game. I doubt the Eagles will trade him or cut him unless they get a decent offer out of it, and I doubt many teams are in the position to take that contract.

That all said, this is short term. We do need to start looking at a QB for the future, someone to begin training up. Having the benefit of having experienced players like McNabb, like Garcia would be huge.

18. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Really? I thought Carolina was everyone's favorite in the NFC. I think the only guy who called it was The Schwam.

19. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Since my beloved Steelers are playing golf, I'm going to stick with the Pennsylvania link and support the Eagles. Half of my family is from the Philly area.

20. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    My main hopes right now are that Stallworth stays and that Bloom emerges as a solid return man. I am sick of Mahe, he brings absolutely nothing to the table.

[image=http://img127.imagevenue.com/loc211/th_77341_superbowl_xlii_122_211lo.jpg]

We're taking it [face_praying]

21. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Stallworth won't be back. The Eagles already have their media lackeys laying the foundation for why the Eagles shouldn't resign him to brace the public for the fact that they are not going to make a serious effort to resign him. Same thing w/ Garcia.

22. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    The Eagles resigned AJ Freeley for 3 years as the backup. As i said before, the Eagles weren't even going to make an effort at Garcia.

23. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I think the Eagles would re-sign Garcia, but they won't match a higher offer made by another team looking to bring him in as a potential starter. I also don't think that they are going to re-sign Stallworth, but I wish that they would. They've got no one to take his place.

24. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    The Eagles weren't going to make an offer to Garcia regardless of the amount other teams are looking to offer him. McNabb doesn't want him back (and hasn't wanted him back ever since he started having success and the fans started to love him).

The Eagles won't make a serious offer for Stallworth. He was another guy that they decided not to resign at the end of the season. THey don't believe in spending money on wide receivers and will not make any serious attempt at Stallworth. They believe that Baskett is just as good.

25. Boomer_Athena

Boomer_Athena Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    If that's true, then I have to say that McNabb sure is being a big baby. As the team's leader he should be vocal about making the team as competitive as possible, which includes making sure they have a solid backup at QB. Especially, when you consider that McNabb han't finished out 3 of the last 5 seasons due to injury.

It's things like this that make me think that perhaps the whole T.O./McNabb controversy in Philly wasn't so one-sided after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.