main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the Literature Review Forum!

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Review Forum' started by Errant_Venture, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    All the other Literature Mods seem to disagree with you. Unless there is a policy or structure change, I didn't think that you were the head of the Literature team.

It's amazing how little you remember of your time as a moderator. I can't imagine having reasons explained to a user, both in private and in public, and then having that user publicly continue trying repeatedly after being told no went over too well with you. They certainly don't with me. Especially after flaming me, which I'll let slide.

2. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Please cite a specific situation to warrant validity to your bold and nefarious accusation. I fathom that you were not even present during any time of the tenure of my shared administraion.

Errant_Venture, a pray and beseech thee a raptuous return from your unforced hiatus. We need thine guiding light to display the true wisdom that a majority of all wisest Literature moderators have felt fit to determine that the discussion of the range of novels classified as the New Jedi Order shall commence forthwith with the time period known as Year One.

3. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Not called for.

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I would personally like to add the NJO or at least elements of it. However, I'm not going to do so as long as there is a holdout in the group. I'd wish for it to be a consensus.

5. Jbrewster1012

Jbrewster1012 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    Is the Han Solo trilogy by A.C. Crispin going to be added?

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, eventually. :)

7. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Thank you! I'll put it on my list of items to add. I can't promise you when it will be added though, as I'm not sure when I'll get the time to add it. It is getting quite easy to miss a book or two now that there are so many up.

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I'm an avid comic reviewer, so I wouldn't mind seeing some more comic threads. My reviews are already done, so I'd be happy to contribute what I have. Some are getting old in years, but Literature discussions are still hot. Anything from the following series would great:

-Rogue Squadron
    -Ongoing
    -TOTJ
    -Dark Empire
    -Individual stand-alones like By the Emperor's Hand, Darth Maul, Stark Hyperspace War, Opean Seasons, etc

Thank you

9. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    TOTJ and DE are up.

As for the rest, I don't see why not, though I don't know about individual comics. Do you mean one comic issue or one GN?

10. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Ah, yes: DE and TOTJ are up. Missed them. I meant the TPBs as a whole, Errant Venture. I think some more comics amongst the books would be great. I could review if possible:

-Rogue Squadron
    -Ongoing
    -By the Emperor's Hand, Darth Maul, Stark Hyperspace War, Open Seasons

And thanks for the quick reply. For some reason, I thought posts here would take longer to be responded. I've reviewed many comics at Amazon, but maybe people could benefit from opinions and feedback if it was closer to home, here, so to speak.

11. Jbrewster1012

Jbrewster1012 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    How about Tatooine Ghost? I know that book isn't very old but I didn't know how long you wait before you add newer books. (Other than NJO)

12. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I don't see why those comics could not be added in the near future, the same goes with TG.

I'm sorry about the late reply. I never noticed that this had a new reply until now. [face_blush]

13. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    When will you add The Han Solo Trilogy by A.C. Crispin?

14. moff_Sammael

moff_Sammael Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    You don't have the Han Solo Trilogy from A.C. Crispin in you Lit Review Forum! Fie on you! :)

EDIT: And The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy is missing too...

BTW, may I use your pools for a statistical purpose? A publisher in Czech Republic needs to know which titles would be attractive, and I hoped I could use your pool results as an example.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Because of repeated poor behavior by members of the EU Literature community, I would find it unlikely the Han Solo Trilogy will be put up for review at any point in the near future.

This is the last I'll say on the subject publicly.

16. moff_Sammael

moff_Sammael Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    I'm sorry, dp4m, if I offended you. It's just that... well, I really needed the data, and I was mildly disappionted that some of the most praised novels could not be found here. Now the publisher will just have to trust my word :)

My apologies again.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm sorry, dp4m, if I offended you. It's just that... well, I really needed the data, and I was mildly disappionted that some of the most praised novels could not be found here. Now the publisher will just have to trust my word

Oh, it's definitely not you! :)

18. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Any chance that your stance on the NJO has changed and that you will allow VP to be put up? ;)

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    When will then be now?

SOON!

20. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Would it be possible to have some of these review threads made?

-Anything from the Rogue Squadron or Ongoing series
    -By the Emperor's Hand
    -Darth Maul
    -Stark Hyperspace War
    -Opean Seasons

21. WWE_jedi

WWE_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    ^u already have writen that.

NJO?

22. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Unless they have decided to change the policy regarding the NJO, that won't be put up until 1 year after has been released. So right now you're looking at October at the earliest. :(

23. WWE_jedi

WWE_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    Are u going to write about the Tales of the New Republic

24. REGBORD

REGBORD Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Welcome to the my literature review

http://enter.territory.ru/project.php?refcode=AAJECA

25. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    It would be great if everyone could follow the precedent set by dp4, that when creating threads, please place a link to the TF.N Books Staff reviews... (for example, the HTTE is lacking the link, whilst other threads have respective links to their TF.N Books reviews, such as COPL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.