main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the Literature Review Forum!

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Review Forum' started by Errant_Venture, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    It would be great if everyone could follow the precedent set by dp4, that when creating threads, please place a link to the TF.N Books Staff reviews... (for example, the HTTE is lacking the link, whilst other threads have respective links to their TF.N Books reviews, such as COPL.

2. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Hmmm... that was weird? Double post... not intended... Mod, please delete on the posts.

3. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Okay... we are fast approaching the ONE year anniversary since the NJO was concluded. We are also approaching the FIVE year anniversary of when the NJO started.

Can we please now have review threads for the NJO, if at least Year One of the NJO?

4. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Just wondering why there are so many locked topics ?

Is this due to inactivity in them ?

I see there has been some conflict regarding this but I will post anyway, any idea when threads will be started for the NJO series, or just the first few books at least ?

Sorry if I'm being a pain.

:)

5. Jbrewster1012

Jbrewster1012 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    They get locked because of inactivity. Ask a mod to open one for you if you want to reply to one.

6. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Can anyone answer the other question ?

Thanks for answering the first one dude.

7. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Can we please have a Vector Prime review thread? It's been 5 years. Any knee jerk reactions like "They killed Chewie! Instant 1!" have died. You have more recent novels. CoD and Shadow Hunter.

8. Jbrewster1012

Jbrewster1012 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    --Nevermind-- :)

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Could we start a Han Solo Trilogy review?

-Jason
    Fire Fighter

10. GreenWrinklyYoda

GreenWrinklyYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    How about the Clone Wars series?

11. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    No Tatooine Ghost? :confused:

12. shaosniper

shaosniper Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2003
    Lets go with the new books...this forum will die if we cant post anything new its just stagnating in here

13. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I've tried to get permission to post new books, but so far I havn't been granted that authorization. My hands are tied.

14. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    w00t! I got permission!

I'll do a couple tonight and then more tommorow. I've got to play KOTOR 2 sometime tonight. ;)

I've got to figure out why it won't let me post the messege of the body after the poll. But new polls (NJO) will be coming shortly. I once again have control of this forum.

15. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I'll add a couple more tonight after work. My original plan was to add the entire NJO in one night, but now I'm going to do it in short bursts. Why? Because I'd rather play KOTOR II or write a paper than add review threads. Okay, mainly KOTOR II, but the paper/studying has to count too.

Oh and as a requirement of me doing this, I'm obligated to point out that I can not under any circumstances add the Han Solo Trilogy by A.C. Crispin. So please don't ask, as the answer will be no.

16. Darth_Mikkon

Darth_Mikkon Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2005
    Heya how come no one started a "Labyrinth of Evil" thread yet? I just finished reading it and I'd like to review it while its still fresh in my mind...thanks!

17. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Thanks for dropping by and for asking about LoE!

However, unfortunatly, that won't be added for a while, for a variety of reasons. The first is according to Literature Forum rules, for every major book release there are 2 threads in Lit. There is the <a href=http://boards.theforce.net/Literature/b10003/18054147/?428>Official Labryinth of Evil (No EP3 spoilers)</a> for outright discussion and then there is the <a href=http://boards.theforce.net/Literature/b10003/18155142/?93>JC Lit Reviews Special</a> for LoE. We have to wait a while for both of those threads to die down before adding said book into this forum.

That and other books have waited years to get in here (NJO) and LoE is not my focus at the moment.

18. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Why do you write Del-Ray instead of Del Rey?

19. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Its the way of the future, thats why. And I changed it, since you apparently didn't like it.

kthxbye.

20. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Sorry about the delays. I'll start adding more this weekend, I kinda got sidetracked.

21. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I sure as hell hope I never lose managership, as the day I do means all these replies go to hell. Board code isn't working for me, so I'm forced to use HTML :(

22. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I just got done with Tatooine Ghost and would love to post my rating - any chance of it becoming a thread soon?

23. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I can do Tatooine Ghost tonight when I get off work. I'm compiling a list of books that can go up there, and TG is one of them. :p

24. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    Is it possible to have a poll and review for an overall series? There are actually quite a lot of era's in the Expanded Universe, and it would be great to rate each era out of 10. This seems to have already happened once with a generic poll.

For example, you could have a poll and review for:

* New Jedi Order
    * The Clone Wars
    * Tales of the Jedi / KOTOR era
    * The New Republic (Bantam Era)

Etc...

25. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Hmmm, that is a good suggestion. I'll probably create polls for that, but I'll have to think about it first though. And TG is now up! Sorry for the delay, I kinda forgot about it. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.