main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the Literature Review Forum!

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Review Forum' started by Errant_Venture, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005

I forgot to mention that this was done for

2. Le_Sammler

Mar 21, 2005
    Huh? It cut my post in half! I meant to say, this has already been done for .

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm not sure why its doing that for you. I know I'm having problems as well.

Anyways, this is what Le_Sammler wanted to say: What I wanted to say was that there was even more reason to have a poll / review for each ERA, now that LFL has added a new one - Legacy of the Force

4. Le_Sammler

Mar 21, 2005
    Is it possible to unlock all the locked threads, so people can begin to discuss them again?

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes! Gimme a day or two and I'll unlock them. They auto-lock after 90 dys of inactivity, I believe...

6. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Its longer than 90 days, I think its 6 months. Unless the code is different here?

I just did a few of them, i've gotta run for now, but I'll get the next few in the upcoming days unless Dp beats me to it.

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Autolocks after 6 months, yes.

Any chance of some Ongoing and Rogue Squadron series, too, and standalones like Mara, Open Seasons, Maul, Crimson Empires? Variety of tste makes for good eating.

8. Le_Sammler

Mar 21, 2005
    Why do threads auto-lock after 6 months?

9. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Any chance of getting some of the Clone Wars novel on? Like Shatterpoint?

10. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Well begin Comics + CW novels tommorow :)

11. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Could we get some of the ones that are locked unlocked? :)

12. Le_Sammler

Mar 21, 2005
    Is it possible to have a poll and review for an overall series? There are actually quite a lot of era's in the Expanded Universe, and it would be great to rate each era out of 10. This seems to have already happened once with a generic poll.

For example, you could have a poll and review for:

* New Jedi Order
    * The Clone Wars
    * Tales of the Jedi / KOTOR era
    * The New Republic (Bantam Era)

Etc...

Any chance of this happening? I forgot to mention that the existing generic poll for an era is Shadows of the Empire... so the era's are becoming more and more significant.

13. Le_Sammler

Mar 21, 2005
    I don't know why replies never seem to work properly in this thread. I tried to quote myself from an earlier post. And I mentioned the new Legacy era, but somehow that was cut off.

14. Reecee

Reecee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    I think that maybe some of the older Lit Review Specials could be moved here...and possibly generate some new activity? Just an idea.

15. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I wondered why there are no thread for the "Tales from..." series? Is there not enough interest?
    And where is the thread for "Survivor's Quest"? Me blind? Not impossible. :/

16. Lady_Kenobi84

Lady_Kenobi84 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    And where is the thread for "Survivor's Quest"? Me blind? Not impossible.

I was just coming in here to ask about Survivor's Quest, as well. I just finished reading it and was looking for a post for it.

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

A lot of the thread titles misspell Del "Rey", just wanted to say. [face_batting]

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Not I, said the crawfish...

19. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003

I've noticed that there are a lot of books not posted........Why?
    Shouldn't we have a chance to rate all the books, not just those that pass the Mod censors..........no disrespect intended.

The threads don't even need an introduction....just do a poll and leave the rest to us.
    If users start bashing books, then warn them or ban them, but don't ban the books. Never ban the books !!

I've noticed that there are fewer and fewer posting in the Literature Review Forum, and that may be because so few books are added these days.

It may also help if you could reopen locked threads. For this Forum, I see no good reason why a thread need to be locked just for being old. Eventually, new users always adds votes.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    There's an auto-locking mechanism after 90 days of inactivity. No one can change that, not even a Mod... :(

As for new books, they'll be added eventually. It's not a matter of censorship, just time.

21. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    That just sucks:mad: ....there must be something we can do about that........this is America isn't it?[face_flag]

If this is true, then how about The Han Solo Trilogy by A.C. Crispin?

You yourself wrote that "because of repeated poor behavior by members of the EU Literature community, I would find it unlikely the Han Solo Trilogy will be put up for review at any point in the near future." Is this not a type of Mod censorship, even though you are trying to mitigate for bad behavior?:confused:

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I still think you're doing a great job on this Forum. [:D]

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Fair enough, there's one case of censorship.

But that's the only one I can think of and it's not a matter of being censored at my end but at the end of the users of this community. ;)

23. Med_21B

Med_21B Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2004
    How about a thread discussing the new KOTOR series? I think that is a hot topic that could spark some cool reviews and viewpoints, given it's loose relationship to the games...

Just a suggestion.[face_whistling]

_Max

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    We're unlikely to put up such new material, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some Empire, Republic, etc. threads pop-up at some point... ;)

25. Zee Zee

Zee Zee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    Just wondering why none of the Scholastic books are being reviewed, or are they just for kids? Personally, I've enjoyed the writings of Jude Watson and Rebecca Moesta, although I'll readily admit too not liking Terry Bisson. Perhaps we could review these books grouped as a series, eg Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, Boba Fett, etc as many of these 'kids' books have discussed and raised some interesting and sometimes important SW trivia, eg Yaddle's death, etc.

edit:
    PS 37 y.o. (going on 38!!!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.