main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the NORTH!

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Jairen, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    12th November

2. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    So that's the date.

3. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Word! Would it be an early start that day then Lord O? This would save me falling asleep during my fave film (ANH)...lol

4. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    I don't finish work til 6pm

5. ObiWanCon

Apr 15, 2004
    A late start then, don't worry edgejedi88 I?ll keep you awake by throwing cold buckets of water over you. [face_mischief][face_mischief][face_mischief]

6. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Hmm...Should i go to bed or not?

7. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    What? Now? I think you are planning way too much ahead mate!

Hope I dont get work by then or else it will be a 'work day'....dont tell the government mafia though....:eek:

8. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    This has been around for a while, but have a laugh anyway....for the 'inner geek' in us all... :-B

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/FiveMinutes.html

Check the main site too....its 'fun' to read...:eek:

9. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    im guessing thers a no smoking while whatching the film then - and if chris does ither start talking during the film or start to snooze give him a kick .

is it bring a bottle do ?

10. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ObiWanCon - the water would be much appreciated mate if I fall asleep!

However, please dont attempt to throw it over me at any point in Episode 1 - I always sleep through the Jar Jar parts - its obligatory! [face_whistling]

11. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Thats the only person i hate in star wars is that silly voiced jar jar dinks

makes me what to just stand outside in robes and smoke my pipe

12. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Jace, the guy in that link really hates star trek don't he. Some of them comparasons are daft, like comparing for planetary destruction, He gives the empire the death star and the federation 30 ships when Han states that to destroy Alderan woulda take more fire power than he'd ever seen or something to that effect, Or comparing the fighter size asteroids that fett destroyed in AotC to the massive one the Pegasus was stuck in. I mean it comfortably held not only the Pegasus but the Enterprise aswell. :rolleyes:

Why so some ppl have to compare and play the "mines bigger than yours" game between ST and SW? I like both for what they are, Excellent Sci-Fi.

Dave, sorry mate but its Smokin in the garden only. Mum's an ex smoker and it makes her feel sick now. (I just think she don't like the temptation)

And if ppl wanna bring munchies/drink then feel free, I can't afford too much myself so it'd be appreciated.

13. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ..yeah - some of the threads are awesomely funny - they take these things so seriously! Thought it would make you laugh though (I hope!)

14. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Thought ppl wanted the saturday into sun one?

15. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    yes....just my mind going to the dogs again....Saturday night into sunday would make me a happy man....[face_dancing]

so who's coming? I know Dave wants to come too....

16. ObiWanCon

Apr 15, 2004
    Lord_Ogli to find out that you like Star Trek is great I'm a big Star Trek fan myself in fact I'll admit that up until about three or so years ago I was more a Star Trek fan then I was a Star Wars fan it was AOTC that got me fired up to a higher level of fandom mind you I don't think I'm as big a Star Wars fan as you guys I've never been to a convention or a meet up and I've never dressed up well accept for putting on my mothers right handed black glove and pretending to be Luke from ROTJ when I was younger.

12th November Saturday Night & 13 November Sunday Morning sounds great.

17. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    OK, List sofar:

Me, Jace, dave and ObiWanCon. Room for one, maybe 2 more at a push.

18. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    Well I'm up for it. I think the through saturday night idea would be best for me, could catch train down on saturday then catch it home on sunday, cause it won't fit into one day. Then I have a night to catch up on sleep for school on the monday

19. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Yey, That'll be our meet then.

20. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...anyone wanting a lift from Darlo station to Richmond let me know...I will have space in the car for 4...if it helps as a central meeting place before getting to Lord O's castle...

You will however be at my mercy, as the nominated driver (who doesnt drink too) and so your payment will of course be multiple bars of chocolate (or probably Red Bull...I-))

21. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Well, looks like the monks of Lindisfarne didn't want me to stay. In fact they rebelled and forced me off the island.

Anyways, had a great week away, went to a few places both weekends and put my feet up in the middle of the week. Sorry to be confused, I am a bit tired (from holiday lol would you believe it????), but am I reading right? There is a meet-up on 12th November in Richmond? :_| Guess which castle I went to on Saturday? Yeah ... Richmond (and Middleham!!!).

Bantha droppings, I'd love to come but I don't think I could make it. Let me get some rest and see how I could actually get up to there without changing 500 times.

Anyways, good to be back, need to take my time and work out what's been happening :D

22. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Welcome back Monk Tim - how was your drinking sabbatical? O:)

23. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    U were in richmond. Ya shoulda said. Go in the co-op at all? Ya may have seen me.

24. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    :oops: Oh right, so your that nutter in The co-op that uses them big Yard long chocolate sticks and the digestive biscuits and pretend to beat the tinned food up with them screaming "Arghhhhh!!! DIE TIE FIGHTER SCUM!!!!!"...:rolleyes:

25. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Thats me :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.