main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Welcome To The Queencity Force Board (Introduction Thread)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LovelyLotus, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Hi, I am LovelyLotus, Cincinnati's City Rep. I'd like to take the time to introduce myself to any new members who follow us in after the urging of folks from the Fan Force Tables, and in the crowds at Celebration 2.

Cincinnati is just beginning, and it's starting to shape itself into a great group!
    We are planning a few events over the next couple of months, and would be really overjoyed if you wou ld start posting the board and get to know us here, then

Please feel free to introduce yourself sign up for an account if you don't have one yet, and begin posting here to meet other local from Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky who are just like you! Crazy about StarWars!!

If you need any questions answered, you can PM (Private Message) me by clicking my name on this post, and then clicking the link on the top of my profile that says, "Send Private Message". This will send of a message to me, and I can answer any questions you might have! That's what I'm here for!

So, what are you waiting for, sign up for an account, and start posting! The Queencity Force would love to have you!

Thanks so much!
    LovelyLotus :D
    Queencity Force City Rep

2. Deadline247

Deadline247 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    Hi everyone,

Wow! I?m glad I found you guys.

Ever since C2 I?ve had the itch to meet some fellow Star Wars fans in the Cincinnati. This past weekend, I attended a meeting of the Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club, but like the name says?they are ALL about the toys and not much more. While I enjoy the occasional Star Wars collectible, I?m not really much of a collector.

What I was really looking for was a group of Star Wars ENTHUSIASTS, who really share my love for the entire world of Star Wars (movies, books, etc.). Sounds like you guys might be my kind of group.

Anyway, I?ll try to hang out on the board for a while to get to know everyone a little better. Then who knows?maybe I?ll show up to a meeting.

Oh, a little about me?my name is Greg and I live in the Colerain area of Cincinnati. I?m 32 years old and married (no kids). I?m a big fan of the Star Wars books and I just recently became interested in the Star Wars RPG and new TCG while I was at Celebration II. Do any of you play these games? Both games look like fun, but I?ve never really played them before.

I?m looking forward to meeting you all.

3. DarkKnightVauhn

DarkKnightVauhn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Welcome to queencity Force Deadline,

I know what you mean about the whole collectible thing, I don't collect much either... As far as RPG, I've done them in the past and love it. I'm not involved in one right now, but I might be interested if others are. I saw the TCG at CII, but haven't had the chance to try it. I'd be happy to organize a get together, but I wouldn't want to GM. I already GM a different RPG called Deadlands, and I can't really afford to buy the source books.

Private message me if any is interested.

4. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    Hey, Deadline, Welcome to the group! It's good to see other folks coming onto the boards.

I've got quite a few of the West End Games Star Wars RPG books, but haven't gotten any of the new stuff from Wizards yet. RPGing is something I never really did but always wanted to learn. I got the Star Wars RPG books just because it was Star Wars stuff!

LovelyLotus is the City Rep and President. She'll be getting in touch with you later on, I'm sure. She's been pretty busy with customers for her business lately. But she'll help you out with any info you may want.

Again, Welcome to the group! [face_smile]

5. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hello all newcomers and welcome to our little place on fanforce.net Please take the time to get to know some of our "veteran" members and the other new guys and gals as well. Continue to post on the boards here and we will keep everyone posted on upcoming events. I've got a very buisy next couple of weeks coming up with finals, graduation, my wedding, and my honeymoon, not to mention the release of Star Wars, so you may not see much of me around the board for a while.

btw we don't have any veteran members since we have only been around in any formal way for a couple of months, but we do have something of a "core" group so do try and push your way into conversations and get to know all of us here, I can vouch for everyone and say that we are all a very nice group of individuals who share at least one common interest with eachother and with you, and that's STAR WARS. Get to know each of us and i'm sure you'll find that Star Wars isn't the only common denominator.

Now that i've rambled on forever, enjoy yourselves and MTFBWY!

6. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Hey There! Hi There! Ho There!

Your friendly neighboorhood CR here! Welcome to our group, I hope you have been enjoying yourself here, and will keep enjoying yourself!

I just wanted to say HELLO! And it's nice to see new faces posting here with us!!

7. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Okay, so it's long overdue, but I should go ahead and do this to help out the new members to the boards.

I'm ImperialRecruiter. I'm 28, and enjoy conscripting lowly farm boys into Imperial service. 8-} I'm also known as Master Goofy Old Fart on the Old Farts Council, the group for those who have seen A New Hope when it originally came out in '77.

I do the secretarial work for our chapter of Fan Force, and will gladly help you out in any way, within reason, to catch you up on what's going on in the group. I'm also working on getting a newsletter going for the group. So if you'd like to help out, check my profile, and e-mail me at the address listed.

8. Banwook

Banwook Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2002
    Hello,
    I'm 25 and an Art student at the Art Academy of Cincinnati, not to mention an airbrush artist for the past seven years at Kings Island. I was only 2 months old when A New Hope came out and didn't see it then, but seen evey theatre release since then. I was at celebration 2 and is where I found out about Queencity force from lovelylotus. I'm a huge fan like the rest of you and am exited about the club, it should be fun. ohh yea if any one here has ever been to a club called the warehouse I work there too. so ya may know me.

9. scott1701

scott1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm new so I'll post a little something here.
    I'm a 31 year old single male living about an hour east of Cincinnati. Out this way, fandom is pretty unheard of since no character in the films as ever popped open a Budweiser and went line dancing.
    I work for Technicolor Cinema Distribution (yes, that is one of our digital projectors in Springdale)as a training coordinator and LOVE movies. If anyone has any tech questions relating to film and film presentation, just ask. AS long as it's something that I'm not prohibited from talking about, I'll try to answer it.

10. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Welcome to the board scott! We are always glad to see some new faces, or uh screen names so get to know us all and we'll get to know you and everything, see you around, and hopefully at our meetings as well if you can make the haul out to them!

11. Deadline247

Deadline247 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    Hi Scott,

Good to see another person my age joining up. Though it still looks like I'm the Official Grandfather at age 32.

See you around!

Deadline247

12. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Hey, Scott, welcome aboard!

It looks like we're developing quite an eclectic group here. That's great!

13. audio_karate

audio_karate Jedi Master star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    As I'm only approximately 20 minutes from Cincinnati at Miami University, I thought I'd drop by and say hello.

What prompted my long put-off visit to this forum? AotC's release. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.