main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Welcome to the Salisbury, NC forum!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Welcome to the Salisbury, North Carolina board! Looks like there is enough interest in the area to warrant the creation of your own forum, so have fun!

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Oh, and if you need anything, the two RSAs for the region are myself and Jedi Trace.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Welcome to Fan Force! :)

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Have fun :)

5. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    Thank you!!!!!!!!

We are organizing things now and will make notice of meetings very soon!

RipRoar (also has another account due to a recent error - RripRroar) will act as our fearless leader in the mean time until official meeting elections etc...

My wife (KathyK) and I are so pleased this is starting.

6. TK-BIG

TK-BIG Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2007
    Great news! This is so very geographically close to me making it easier to get to events, meetings and such....I'm in...if you'll have me!

7. TK-BIG

TK-BIG Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2007
    Oh...forgot to add...yep, it's me TKBIG. I re-registered because there seems to be something wrong with my original (TKBIG) id right now. I've sent a message to the powers that be to check on it for me. So for now its TK-BIG.

8. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Well just to give everyone an update.... We are working on the logistics of creating this FanForce chapter and will announce the 1st meeting soon. Until then - WELCOME TO SALISBURY's one and only Star Wars unofficial Fan Force chapter - all thanks to IamaSith and KathyK who were inspired to get this thing moving. (unnecessary comment edited by Jedi Trace)

We are working on officers, a chapter rep (me until actual election), topics for forums, rules and first public meeting possibly a meeting/game night since I do star wars game nights anyway (thus the nomination from my new friend Iamasith)!

Keep checking back

Welcome TK-Big - maybe you can weigh in on the prop building interest for creating star wars costumes for us or something? Remember this is a FanForce board first for social networking and real life events and we would be happy to partner with your group or others in doing charity work in the future.

Just a reminder to all - please be respectful of eachother and all new comers to this board wether they are brand new or old fan force members from other chapters.

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm glad to see things are coming together for your group! Let's move forward peacefully. ;)

Just a logistics tip: When you set up dates/times for your meetings, post a separate thread about each meeting and who was present. That makes it easier for us to determine when you've had your three required meetings with at least three attendees at each in order to make your chapter Official.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

~Trace

10. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    welcome to the wonderful world of fanforcing! :) good luck! :D

you might want to take a look around at the other fanforce boards to see how they do things (everyone has their own flavor) and go from there!

11. Abby_Normal

Abby_Normal Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2007
    I recently read that Peter Mayhew's appearance at the "Comics & Toys MonsterCon" really influenced the idea of a Salisbury Fan Force. I'm glad our convention was an inspiration. Unfortunately, I didn't see many of you at the show and I'm not sure many of you made it to the "Evening With Peter Mayhew" event at The Piedmont Player's Theatre. I wish more of you could have been there. It was a wonderful evening with a middle school band playing Star Wars music and a very entertaining interview with Peter. Being a huge Star Wars fan, I really enjoy getting to know people that share the passion. (edit: unnecessary comments)

12. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    I?m going to ask everyone to refrain from bringing prior grievances to this board. Let's stay on topic. [face_peace]

13. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    Thank You Jedi-Trace. Yes - let's all start new again. We will work towards bridging the gaps and make this a welcome place to go for ALL. After much deliberation and even offering to disband the forum to avoid further conflict, we have decided to continue and work even harder to move forward in a peaceful exciting Star Wars way.

AbbeyNormal, Welcome to what we hope to be Salisbury's favorite Public forum for Star Wars Fans where we can all get along and even develope new friendships or repair old ones. Abbey, a few of us did make it to your con - THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK. The rest of the members here are part of a local costuming group that was booked at Rowan Counties largest weekend event at Dan Nicholas Park that they attend every year. Hopefully, next year the two events will not be booked on same weekend and we can help you out in some way (Scheduling - Heads up, I do know that one of the members of that costuming group that works for the Park says the event is normally scheduled for the first weekend in October every year so yes many of the members here are booked already for next year).

A long story short - a few of us are meeting this weekend to discuss how to set things up from here - if anyone on this forum would like to be included in those discussions - please sound off in the appropriate POST thread under the main Salisbury forum heading that I will create after this posting.

Thank you

14. Darth_MacDuff

Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    May the force be with us! This is going to be so cool. I hope the Jedi council doesn't mind a Sith Lord. I have just recently completed a full screen accurate Darth Vader costume and recently made my first appearance in costume. Man, what a rush! Also, as you can tell by my screen name, I am Scottish by heritage. I am in the process of doing a pic when we really see what Darth Vader would have looked like in the Highland Territories![face_laugh]

15. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Nice to see another FF group popping up. I am the founder of Mandalorian Mercs, the largest international Mandalorian costuming group. Myself another another local clan member were at MonsterCon and had a blast! We may have seen some of you all down there. I'm only about 45 mins from you guys, and our NC clan hits events with the Carolina Garrison as well as the Charlotte FF group so hopefully we'll see you guys at some future events.

Novall Talon
    http://mandalorianmercs.org

16. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Welcome Novall_Talon for stopping in. I love mandos - our group has one but we are more imperial (troopers/clone/vader and Maul) /jedi (all sorts) and expanded universe (Rebublic commando/Darth Revan are some of the latest..) and we even have wicket!

Yes - hope to bridge the gap and move forward in a spirit of cooperation not only with costumers but also chapters so please take that back to CFF and tell them we are here with our hands outstretched and welcome them (We are not after anyones members - just their friendships).

17. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Hey Novall...

I've seen you over at the CFF boards and finally checked out your sight on the Mercs - very cool! I'm sure your a huge fan and probably up to date on the latest LEGACY novels too? No spoilers please but VERY COOL series!

Nice pics on your site - love the customs....

18. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Yes, we have a semi-open dialogue with Karen Traviss (she's out for a couple months atm.) and Ray Ramirez, who inspired the Mandalorian character Ram Zarimar in "Bloodlines" is a Mercs member.

Thanks for the compliments on the costumes, I'm sure we'll see you all at local events and such.

19. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Great - hope to check out the costumes some time in person. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.