main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the Salt Lake Fanforce Chapter

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by VoidDancer, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Welcome Taylor. I hope you enjoy the Fanforce as much as everyone else seems to.

As you can read from some of the other threads, we have a few RPGers out there. I hope to see you at our April meeting.

2. ReeBoo

ReeBoo Jedi Knight

Apr 19, 2005
    Hi all,
    My Name is Ash I go by ReeBoo here. I live in the Dugway area and am on active duty in the Army. I a huge fan of SW and the EU. I play the YJ and SWCCG games. I am married and a father on a teen. I am also into Yugioh,Pokemon, and Duel Masters. Thats about it for now.

May the Force be with you
    Ash

3. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    We would love to have you come out for our Anniversary party this month. Look in the April thread for details or PM me.

4. LordTater

LordTater Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    Hello!
    My name is Nathan and I live in the West Jordan area. I am 27 yrs old, married and have two very active children (who might actually be bigger SW fans than I am). I have been a SW fan my whole life. I only have time to keep up with the movies, but I try to keep informed with the EU when ever I get the chance.

I will be going to the midnight showing of ROTS at Jordan Landing, maybe I will see some of you guys there.

5. Phantom-Iam

Phantom-Iam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2002
    You might I have 12 tickets to the 12:05 show at Jordan Landing.

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Welcome Lord Tater. I hope you have a chance to check out our April activity thread, and I hope you can make it. We'd love to meet you and get to know you better as well.

7. Croker_Da_Chris

Croker_Da_Chris Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    G'day everybody, my name is Chris and as a few of you know from the May get together, I'm one of those extremely rare Australian guys that doesn't say much :)

I'm from Melbourne, Australia, but will be working in SLC for a few months.

I've been a fan of Star wars forever and am basically addicted to computer games.

Look forward to seeing everyone again

Chris (or 'Croker' to my friends)

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It was great to have you at the event Chris and I hope you can make it to our June event as well.

9. weemansith

weemansith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Hey there. I'm Nic. I live in Midvale at the moment. I am 25, married and have a 17 month old daughter. I am 6'9" tall, and played college basketball. I hav eloved Star Wars for as long as I can remember. I love how I can get lost in the universe and I feel that my "normal" life can be exciting. For some reason on my screen it says "POSTED BY: VoidDancer", but I'm not him. my name here is weemansith. Anyhoo, I am in the process of making an Anakin episode 3 costume, I hope it turns out well. So far so good anyway. Well, thats me. I may be interested in doing some events. I can also play the guitar pretty well too. Alright, if I'm doing this wrong or something (ie. VoidDancer) let me know how to correct it. Thanks

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Welcome to the group.

VoidDancer is the person who started the thread at the time he was the one that had the powers to make it a sticky thread.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or send me a PM.

11. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Wha?!?!!

I go away for a couple of weeks and they remove my icon?
    The ONLY one I've had the whole 2 and a half years I've been here?!

Edit: Nevermind. It's showing up now. *Phew* I was worried I might have to face some kind of change for a minute there.

12. Jedi_Tru

Jedi_Tru Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2005
    Hi, all! I'm kind of new to SW, as I avoided the movies in my childhood and only recently fell in love with the universe while getting sucked in (i.e. obsessed) with KOTOR and KOTOR II!!

"Vital Stats"

Name's Amber.

I'm a 24 yo female living in SLC.

"Not-So Vital" :p

I also love homestarrunner.com (Strong Bad and the CHEAT!!!). "Scroll with Scroll-Buttons...."

Penny Arcade (www.penny-arcade.com) is also a source of awesome amusement.

I have a small group the does table top rpgs each week or hangs out and does multiplayer video games when we're between rpgs (like now). We could use some more players if any one is interested just pm or email me. We just got done with 2 years of DnD and 6 months of Torg and now EQII (EverQuest table top) is the idea being tossed around. I keep trying to convince someone to run the Star Wars rpg but everybody else complains that Jedi are the only class worth playing (but... but I love my Scoundrels....).

I'm also currently spending tons of free time on X-Men Legends II.

That's pretty much it! I'm a gamer who likes... games and hanging out with friends. I also love movies and reading. I'm currently trying to finish up my master's degree and fighting procrastinating tendancies. ;) ;-)

I hope to meet a lot of new people to talk to and hang with!

13. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Welcome to the group, it's great to have another member. Do you ever do online RP?

14. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    Welcome aboard. :D

15. Jowebee1_7

Jowebee1_7 Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2005
    Hello again. It's been a long time since I posted. A lot has happenned. Anyway it has been so long I couldnt remember my password so i had to start a new user name....even though it is very similar to my old one.

Just wanted to see who was still actively posting and how everyone was doing?

John

16. 20x6

20x6 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    I guess we've all been busy.

In case anyone is curious I got married and moved to Sacramento. Both our families live in Utah, so we'll be back to visit from time to time. How's everyone doing?

p.s. I like how the announcement sticky thread is locked now ;)

17. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    You got married? And you didn't invite us?

18. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
  19. Trovan

Trovan Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2006
    Hello. I just thought I would check you guys out. Marold has been trying to get me to go to your monthly activities for almost a year now.

So far, I've only really been on the FanFilmsForum. I am a huge Star Wars fan. I am also making a Star Wars Fan film this summer.

So, I just thought I would say hi.

Hi.

20. Shadow_Wolf_3882

Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2004
    You made it! Sorry I'm so late noticing, but...wow. Where's Mike?

21. Trovan

Trovan Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2006
    Thanks. I was wondering if anyone would ever realize I was here. I don't know what Mike is up to. If there is a get-together, I might be able to bring him with me to it.

22. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't live anywhere SLC but I'll be there next week so I might as well introduce myself.

Real name - Steve
    I come from Perth in Western Australia which is about the same size as Salt Lake City but I currently live in Kalgoolie which is a much smaller mining town about 6 hours east of Perth.
    Married with 4 kids and I'm 33 years old. My wife Susie is known on the forums as Princess Lego due to her large collection of starwars lego though she doesn't post much anymore. Starwars fan ever since I saw the first one at the cinema as a 5 year old. One of my biggest mistakes was getting rid of my complete collection of kenner figures when I was 19 and I haven't stopped banging my head on a wall over that one. :(
    Like some of the other folks on here I love homestarrunner. My wife has a homestarrunner tshirt. I have a strongbad t-shirt. We have the first 100 emails on DVD and we have a kickable the cheat. :D
    Apart from starwars I also like harry potter books and films. I love Tolkien's books and get a great deal of satisfaction out of criticising the LOTR films :p. I like putting lots of smileys in my posts :) [face_plain] :(.
    Oh and real life - As a 19 year old, I used to be one of the top DJs in my country and entered mixing championships etc and I still do that as a hobby. Worked for a while as a web designer. Now I teach business & computing at a senior high school and lecture at a university.
    You can see my family's website at www.oneil.com.au

23. ENIGMA2006

ENIGMA2006 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    Hello There,

My name is Paul, I live in Sandy. I've loved Star Wars for as long as I can remember. When I went to elementary school I was known as the Star Wars Geek. At least I have good taste:) My wife and I have been married for a little over a year. She is starting to like Star Wars. In a few weeks, I'm planning on watching all 6 in a row. (Maybe the clone wars as well)I love video games!

24. Suran_Vesh

Suran_Vesh Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2006
    Well, It looks like no one has posted on here in a while.

I'm 34 and an old school fan of Star Wars. I believe that Han did shoot first because it would have been in his nature and shows how he grew and changed throughout the trilogy. There are things I like about the prequel trilogy but honestly I find the story lacking and a bit thin. I'm an aspiring writer but in the mean time I work in computer networks.

I'm currently working on getting a more updated costume and looking at getting a nice lightsaber prop and thought I'd join the boards for any fun activities and to meet more people who enjoy Star Wars.

25. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.