Welcome to The Senate Floor - PLEASE READ (Rules and Regs)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Vertical, Oct 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Condescending Posts and You: here is the deal with this little bit of policy.

(to) Condescend: To deal with people in a patronizingly superior manner.

Do this consistently and if I catch you continuing in the above definition after a warning - I trust that most of you'd listen to the first warning I'd give because it is the only warning I'll give - you will be banned for a minimum of 48hrs if there is no prior infraction on your Senate record.

Catch?
  2. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Do you keep a list of warnings you've given people, or do you just rely on memory?
  3. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I have a written system. Sometimes by hand, sometimes in the system here.

There are a few folks who I've committed to memory, though, as folks to be watched.
  4. Darkside_Spirit Jedi Knight

star 3
    Whoa, worrying indeed! Lord Bane has a markbook where every detail of our Senate record is meticulously recorded! :)

Seriously, that sounds like a good system. Though I wouldn't exclude yourself from the smaller punishments e.g. very minor 24-hour spanks. Pure crime=punishment justice seems better and more effective to me than cumulative justice whereby small crimes build up to a huge punishment. If something deserves 24-hour, give it that, rather than just issuing a warning because it's not bad enough for a 48-hour ban.

Not that you probably need my advice, but that's my opinion anyway. Like I said, you're a good mod.
  5. Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I hope I don't have a record. The only thing I did wrong was to post a social kind of thread real quick because I didn't have time to read the rules.
  6. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Innocent mistakes are forgotten.
  7. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
  8. Clan_Brujah Jedi Padawan

OK run this by me again ? If you get banned like for instance let's im a cusrse off someone.. what would happen like 48ban ? I'm new here so im not quite sure ?
  9. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    First offense is either a warning or 48hr ban, depending on severity, past record and frequency (trolling is an auto ban whereas a single remark might only be a warning). It's subjective, that's the problem. I can't give a wholly accurate system.

Operate under the impression that a first offense is a 48hr ban. It's easier for all parties that way.
  10. Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Keep an eye on that one Bane. Brujah are known to be rebels :p

(I actually doubt anyone but me and him will get that joke though)
  11. Clan_Brujah Jedi Padawan

How dare you acuse my Great Clan of being a rebel.. after the fall of Great Carthage no less.. we have been Loyal Members of the Camarilla.. and do most of the dirty work, the ohters cannot.

:)
  12. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
  13. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  14. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Announcement - Regarding news articles, not everyone is an important social, political or cultural issue. We need to be discriminating. And if you want to post an article and make it the basis of an argument, for God's sake state your argument. Don't expect people to just read the argument and no what you want. I could read an argument of Bush's Fetus decision and get abortion, biology and law, political motivation, partisan politics and a host of other things from it.

Specify what you want discussed so I don't have to lock it for lacking a central argument, getting you angry.
  15. Darth Fierce Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'm not angry, but since I'm the prime offender here ("Girls Gone Wild lawsuit" and "Kidz Bop - new lows") I'll reply.

I honestly was just trying to spark debate and get opinions on current events. I didn't realize it was causing problems by not stating a clear point, but rather letting the story speak for itself and allowing people to opine.

I only continued to do so because I hadn't gotten any complaints or had any indication it was wrong until one of my threads was closed.

I promise to do better next time.

(EDIT: Reworded to better relate to the issue)
  16. Spiderdevil Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think he meant that you can't post news reports. Just have something to say about them and some sort of argument to spark the debate you're looking for.
  17. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Announcement - I want to see more smiley faces in posts so I don't have to actually read the posts, I can just interpret the meaning from the smileys. :D
  18. StarFire Jedi Master

star 4
    But then if I can only get in five :mad: per post, how will you know how much we're REALLY frowning? :confused:
  19. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    I think 5 is enough to convey the idea.
  20. Squadron_Chick Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hate trolls on these boards, so up this goes.
  21. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I think I'm going to have to make a new announcement thread for policy change and discussion because man-oh-manoshewitz, religion and current events need to be reexamined...
  22. Red-Seven Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Religion just needs some common sense and restraint.

Current events don't belong here, unless they build into a much larger issue. Many of the current event threads posted here would do fine posted within existing discussions.
  23. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with that point. There have been several times where I have gone form one thread to another and felt like they were discussing the same thing. People need to look at the underlying issues involved in the event and see if an appropriate thread already exists before they post.
  24. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the definitions, Lord Bane. It's always helpful to know what exactly the admins/mods mean, which makes it easier for people to follow the rules. :)

I could see how something like this could get WAY out of hand without vigilant admins/mods.
  25. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.