main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the SEVENTH Western Canada Regional Forum Trivia Contest!!! POSTPONED!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Western Canada Regional Forum' started by Indigo_Jade, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Welcome to the seventh Western Canada Regional Forum Trivia Contest!!!

Past Champions:

Game 1: GeekGirl76
    Game 2: liannb
    Game 3: liannb
    Game 4: liannb
    Game 5: GeekGirl76
    Game 6: tendra_217
    Game 7: COULD BE YOU!!!

Questions will come from all topics, they won't neccesarily be Star Wars only, but you can imagine that there definately will be some Star Wars ones in there... :)

Rules

1. The contest isn't neccesarily limited to people in Western Canada, but that is the target audience that we are going for with this. As a result, the first 12 spots will be reserved for people who live in Western Canada, and the other 3 are open and clear. Exception: In the final 24 hours of signups, all spots revert to a first come first served basis.

2. The questions will come from a variety of sources. If it appears the questions are way too easy, harder and harder questions will be used.

3. The contestants will have 24 hours to answer the question. They should PM the answer to the host, Indigo Jade. No answers will be taken once the 24 hours are up. The time starts as soon as the question is posted.

4. Once the 1 day is over or everyone has responded via PM, the answer along with who got it right and wrong will be posted. Please pay attention to the thread so you don't miss a question. The next question will immediately follow the posting of who was right or wrong.

5. You will not post the question anywhere else on any of the boards here at the JC. You may PM a friend if you think he/she will know the answer but keep in mind Mass PMing is a bannable offence. You may also post the question at another forum, at your own risk. You can use ANY source to find your answer, as long as it is correct... ;)

6. If there's a controversial question that may have multiple answers, the host has the final say. Please include your "source" in your PM answer to the host, as it may save your bacon. Canadian Back Bacon... mmmmmm... =P~ If you have any questions regarding the questions please post them in the thread rather than PMing me. I will answer as soon as possible if I think it prudent and will adjust the answering time accordingly if necessary.

7. We'll keep going until only one person is left. If you get the question wrong or don't answer at all, you will eliminated from the game and on the "honor system" will be "voluntarily banned" for 24 hours. You may still post with a sock during this 24 hours of course. :)

8. You can get out of your "banning" if you post a 4 line minimum poem about your regrets for being terminated.

9. The last person standing will be crowned the "Western Canada Trivia Champion"!!!

And now, let the contest begin!

2. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Signups are on now, first question will be posted in the morning of Sunday, December 26, 2004.

Slight change for this game only: We are going to start with a 24 hour time limit between questions for the WHOLE GAME. As I only have till Jan 8th and then I will be away for 2 weeks, I want to get this done before then.

Slight change for this game only: We are going to start with a 24 hour time limit between questions for the WHOLE GAME. As I only have till Jan 8th and then I will be away for 2 weeks, I want to get this done before then.

3. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Oh, what the heck. :p

1.GeekGirl76

4. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    That's one!

5. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I'll hafto join the one after cuz I'll be busy moving & stuff til New Years. :(

I promise to compensate by not getting eliminated in the first two questions. ;)

6. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    I'm in, but I think my PC time will be at a premium for the next week or so. But I shall try... again.

1.GeekGirl76
    2.lord-darkhelmet

7. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    If we don't have at least 5 players by Monday night/Tuesday morning, we are going to have to postpone this...

Question will NOT be posted until then, if at all.

8. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Let's call this off for now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.