main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Welcome to the Southern Colorado Forum!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Feb 25, 2004.

1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Feel free to post a bit about youself so that the rest of us can get to know you.

Name:
    What Star Wars related things are you interested in?
    What non Star Wars things are you interested in?
    How did you find this forum?

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    cool, the new one is up. thanks void!

3. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Well since my bro did not take the chance I guess i will be the first.

Name: Daniel "zac" Birrer (
    I guess most everything.
    I am an EMS major,and i want to be a firefighter
    How did you find this forum?
    My bro told me about it.

4. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Name: Kevin Christley (SL1422)
    What Star Wars related things are you interested in? Movies, prop/replicas, games, etc.
    What non Star Wars things are you interested in? Gaming, technology, prop/replica collecting
    How did you find this forum? TheForce.net

I guess I'm the only Vader in Colorado Springs according to the 501st MG, but I may be wrong. My suit is mostly ESB accurate. I'm also working an EPS2 Obi Wan at the moment (only need the boots and the saber).

I also make and collect props/replicas. I have a Rocketeer Helmet, Laurence Fishburne's screen-used flight suit from Event Horizon, and a few more goodies.

5. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Welcome, Kevin!

Nice to have a Vader in the neighborhood!

So, since, at the moment, I am the CR I guess I should intro myself...

Jared Youtsey, 34, married, 2 kids.
    I have no recollection of how I found this group. But my wife often regrets it! I think I found it thru TFN while doing research for my fan film (check the sig).

SW Interests: Lightsabers are the single coolest thing ever created. Period. I have two aircraft aluminum hilts and two carbon fiber rods. Virtually unbreakable. Jedi costume is complete except for pouches and some minor alterations.

Non-SW Interests: SG-1, movies in general, filmmaking. One of Jehovah's Witnesses. Ummm, and lots of other stuff. Too many hobbies to list. Oh, and I paint. And I've actually SOLD paintings, so I really am a starving artist!

I'm pretty open, so if there is something you wanna know, just ask!

Welcome one and all to this small but growing group!

6. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    Name: Leif(it rhymes with safe) De Wolf

Starwars related things: i like to look for the easter eggs in the movies. i also like the whole idea of lightsabers(totaly awesome). i love the games(clonewars is the best one i think) the movies are awesome too.

Non-starwars things: i am really into the whole cg movie things, i have made a few little movies the longest being about 6 seconds(its a start). im also pretty sure that i am the youngest person here.

i would also like to state for the record that THE PALMER TERRORS RULE!!!!!!!!

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey all! I don't know why I haven't been here before. Imperial_Birrer and his bro occasionally post on our forums and I haven't had the respect to visit your boards, until now, that is.

That said:

Name: Bob Tyrrell. Married, 2 boys.
    What Star Wars related things are you interested in? Where to begin? The movies. The books. The games (mostly just the video games - and then again, not all of them. Some are downright horrific. Costuming. I'm in the process of getting stuff together for a Biker Scout Trooper suit. Collecting. And just about anything else SW related...
    What non Star Wars things are you interested in? Mi familia. I'm a webmaster by day and uh... computer junkie by night? I do website design, play computer games till wee hours. I read (mostly fantasy, sci-fi, and the occasional mystery novel). Enjoying life.
    How did you find this forum? Well, Imperial_Birrer is omnipresent at our boards and I figured, "Hey, why don't I check out the SCFF boards?" So here I am.

8. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Welcome BrotherHalo! Good to see some more blue hanging around ;)

9. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    BrotherHalo, welcome.

I had to look up omnipresent, now i feel like a doofus. its true, I roam the boards like a long lost dog in a disney movie.

10. TK680

TK680 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    John Orndorff,
    Commanding Officer of the 501st Legion's Mountain Garrison. Age 39, found the forum when I registered for the rmff forum. Intersted in most things Star Wars but mostly the Imperial stuff. ;)

I finally ventured over to the SCFF and started looking around here to see what is going on in my neck of the woods.

Looking forward to more events with the SCFF and the RMFF.

Later,

TK680
    John Orndorff
    Mountain Garrison
    Commanding Officer

11. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    greetings on this board?

as a point of interest: how far 'southern" are you in southern co?

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    welcome!!

I kind of met you when i was reading the booklet at the renn fest. I hope our groups can work together more also. Feel free to post here when ever you want. even bring a few friends around if you want ;)

13. TK680

TK680 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    I actually live in Fountain which is just south of Colorado Springs.

I did meet a few of you at Ren Fair. But I am terrible at names. :(

Looking forward to more events with both the SCFF and the RMFF.

John

14. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Ah fountin. driven through it many time. I was one of the big guys in a red shirt.

15. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    Im Mac. birrer (beer) works too.

16. Optimus77

Optimus77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Name: Claude
    RPGs, Video Games, Movies, etc.
    Movies, music, cooking, video games, RPGs, shopping, etc.
    How did you find this forum? google

17. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Optimus77, big old welcome, but i think welcome back is more fitting. I saw your registration date as back in 02. Were you part of the original springs fan force?

made a few changes since you last post. Well, any who look foreward to your posts and maybe meeting you at a meeting.

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    Welcome Optimus!! glad to see that you found your way back. i saw that you used to post here. I hope you stick around . Feel free to post away!!

19. Optimus77

Optimus77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Yeah, had to take a personal haitus from everything, but now I'm back. Look forward to making it to a meeting with y'all.

20. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    cool, any ideas for the july meeting, feel free to post in the thread

21. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    CLAUDE!!! Welcome back dude! Lots of stuff has changed since you left! lol. I think I'm the only remaining member from back then (and obviously no longer the CR).

22. EquinnoxRowi

EquinnoxRowi Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2004
    Name: Jennifer

What Star Wars related things are you interested in? I love all the movies and have since I was a kid. My fiance, Mosh and I play SWG and love it. I love all the Star Wars Lego sets and not too long ago put together the AT-AT, which is nicely displayed in our apartment. I have just recently started to read the comic books since I don't like to read much and they aren't that thick.

What non Star Wars things are you interested in? I love Football, Hockey, Pool, Bowling, Camping, playing video games....ummm thats all I can think of for now.

How did you find this forum? My Fiance Mosh

I was born in Colorado Springs and then moved with my mother to San Diego, CA when I was 9, but I always wanted to come back here.

I think that's about all for now.

Nice to meet you all and can't wait to get to know you better.

23. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    welcome to you and mosh!

and your post reminds me...

what does everyone think of doing like a bowling outing sometime for a meeting? who knows, it could be fun!

24. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    I like that idea. bowling is fun, even though most ppl pretend that they don't know me when i bowl.

25. Cyra_Secura

Cyra_Secura Jedi Master star 1

Jul 18, 2004
    Name: Tasha Struck
    SW related things: Movies, pictures, costumes.
    Non-SW related things: Bellydancing, sewing, scrapbooking, ceramics, dancing, clubbing, seeing movies, spending time with the kids and hubby.
    How did I find this forum: My husband.