main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Welcome to the Southern Colorado Forum!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Feb 25, 2004.

1. GameTavern

GameTavern Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2005
    Adam
    Colorado Springs, CO (near UCCS)
    Junior at UCCS for Graphic Arts
    Learning to make own star wars costume :-D

I like star wars art and "shadows of the empire" and the factor 5 star wars games

heard about this forum from neighbor (Blake)

In free time, I do art, cars, video games, etc... not a big tv watching fan, but like movies and home theater.

2. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Welcome Adam!! feel free to join in on any of the threads.What kind of costume are you planning on making?

3. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Name: Michelle Nast

What Star Wars related things are you interested in? I like everything SW. I really like to read the books. Oh, and I like SW history (see below)

What non Star Wars things are you interested in? Planet Ordway(my little sci-fi club), I recently stopped managing Pearl Concerts (punk and rock bands) but I still like the music, I like to paint, read, sew, spend time with my family, and showing off Thom's cool custom electric guitars

How did you find this forum? from the rmff.net I had no idea there were so many SW fans here in SoCO. I live in Ordway. I'm from Greeley and met Thom (who is from Pueblo) at CSU.

Thom and I are going to host a couple of panels at Starfest this year called Galactic History 101: Ancient History of the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order and GC 102: Jedi, Protectors of the Galaxy or a Galactic Disaster (which is a discussion panel, actually a continuation of a debate Thom and I have had for years). We planned these and set them up without even knowing you all were here. But now I know so I'll have to come to a meeting... :)

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    Thats cool that you are here! so were is orday exactly?

goes to mapquest

5. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    HI!! Welcome to the board.Feel free to join in. So,how many other SW fans in ordway?

6. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Ordway is 12 miles north of Rocky Ford on Hwy 71 or 50 miles east of Pueblo on Hwy 96. Middle of nowhere, the one grocery store closes at 7pm, but they pump my gas and wash my windshield for me so what could be better.

There are 4 SW fans in my house, one friend of mine in Rocky Ford and we have one honorary SW fan, Serenity, she is 25 and has NEVER seen a single Star Wars Movie.

I had an all girl punk band play in Pueblo and they have a song called "Han Solo". The chorus is something like this...
    "Han Solo, Effie[the guitarist] thinks you're cute,
    Han Solo, Linsey thinks you're cute,
    Han Solo, Carrie thinks you're cute,
    YOU MAKE ME PUKE!"
    Serenity turned to me and said, "That poor boy that they are making fun of, do you think this song hurts his feelings?" And thus, she became our honorary SW fan.

7. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Welcome, Kaety. I know where Ordway is...I used to go to the Ordway Bean Festival with me mum when I was younger.

I was born in Rocky Ford, btw. ;)

Welcome, and please do come to a meeting, it would be nice to meet you. :)

8. Dark-Jedi20

Dark-Jedi20 Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2005
    Name: Kenny

What Star Wars related things are you interested in?
    I have been a star wars fan ever since I can remember. I am always mesmorized by light saber fights! They are the absolute best part of each movie. I have read some of the books, I loved the entire X-wing squadron series. I just moved here to Colorado Springs from Tampa, Fl where I was part of a fan club there so Im looking to join one here!

What non Star Wars things are you interested in? Well Im a huge movie fanatic. I worked for a movie theatre back in Florida for 4 years so having to actually pay money to see a movie is a first.

How did you find this forum? From theforce.net
    (which im very thankful for :) )

9. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Welcome, feel ree to dive in on topics.

10. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Name: Thomas Nast
    Age: 30ish, married (See Kaety's post above)with 2 daughters, 3 cats, 7 fish, and as of today - a puppy

I've managed to see all of the SW movies (except for "A New Hope") on opening day (woo hoo... what an achievement).

What non Star Wars things are you interested in?
    I am an avid reader (especially sci fi and historical fiction). I highly recommend David Weber's "Honor Harrington" novels to anyone who appreciates sci-fi. Other than reading, I make guitars (play them too), and work on odd (some are very odd) projects for "Kaety", and play with the kid-o's.

How did you find this forum?
    "Kaety" kept dropping hints that I should look at it... Today she just left it up on my computer.

11. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    HI. Srry it took so long for me to say Hi.Welcome and greetings and such.

12. Force_Sensitive620

Force_Sensitive620 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Hi all

Name: Dwayne

What Star Wars related things are you interested in?
    Extended universe, New Jedi Order, any of the books, pretty much all of it... but more focused on the things above.

What non Star Wars things are you interested in?
    Books, video games, playing with my 2 sets of twins... honest, I have a 2 1/2 year old set of twins and a 5 month old set of twins

How did you find this forum?
    Googled it!!!

Interested in playing RPG let me know

13. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Welcome Dwayne!!feel free to hop in on any discussion.
    2 sets of twins, wow!. thats like a second full time job.I am a twin myself.

feel free to ask any questions by posting or PMing someone.

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    Glad you found us!! PM if ya wanna ask anything. no question to big or small :D

15. darth_riotise

darth_riotise Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    hey everyone

Name: Mark

Star Wars related things:
    Been into SW for quite some time now, just the movies though.

Non-SW related things:
    Video games(huge gamer), golf, hanging out.

Found through theforce.net

16. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    welcome mark! glad you found the board. hope you can make the meeting this weekend!

17. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Hi, mark. welcome to the fun house.

18. darth_riotise

darth_riotise Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Sorry guys, I wont be able to make this meeting. I have to go out of town, but maybe next time.

19. Kaety

Jan 30, 2005
    Hey, Welcome! (Can I say that? Am I still a noob? When can I welcome others? Am I in some sort of still new/but annoyingly familiar stage? Ahhhhhhhhh....)

20. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    feel free to welcome anyone you want to. not limit as to who can.