main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Welcome to the Well of Lost Plots, the NSWFF Resource!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Miana Kenobi, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome to the newest section of the Jedi Council forums. We are excited to now allow our fan fiction writers a place to post their non-Star Wars work while still enjoying the community that these boards bring.

The Resource board will be the home of new indexes, fandom discussions, and non-Star Wars specific writing challenges. While we would love to see all sorts of different fiction, please keep in mind that not all authors are as friendly toward fan fiction as George Lucas. We will be constantly updating the Disallowed Works list to ensure that we keep the authors happy by not stepping on their toes. The normal rules of Fan Fiction and of the Jedi Council boards still apply; respect your fellow writers, follow the TOS, and just ensure that everyone's having a good time.

If you ever have a question about a fandom and whether or not it is allowed, please ask one of us and we will be happy to help out.

Now then, let's start up those non-Star Wars muses and start writing other worlds!

2. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    This is the best thing that has ever happened, ever. [face_dancing]

Also, I have no life. :(

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    When I heard that this was going to be a new forum, I jumped at the chance to write a story here and be one of the first to do so. Nice job for creating this forum! =D=

4. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm so majorly thrilled this is finally open, I've been chomping at the bit to post some stories in the NSWFF!

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    If only I had a nickel for every time you've said that... [face_laugh]

Well, folks, welcome to WOLP! Eat, drink, and be merry. And go nuts!

6. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Yay!

This is a little late, but hows about have a suggested template for story headings (title, summary, characters, etc) like we do for SW? Not that we're going to have a daily index like we do there, but I'm so used to just copying and pasting template when I post something new that my brain actually stopped for a second there :p

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I was thinking of that after stories started getting posted, Thena. :D

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, great, somewhere else for me to spend my whole day...

9. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    So the Resource Forum gets its name from a fandom in the forbidden list? [face_mischief]

10. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Don't you love the irony? [face_mischief] I live for this stuff.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    At first I wasn't real thrilled about the idea for this forum, then the more I thought about it it started growing on me, now that it is here... I'm really excited! :D What can I say, I'm very indecisive! :p

Great work and thanks to everyone who made this happen! [:D]

12. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    Y'know I hate to mention this but NSW is also common internet lingo for "Not Safe for Work"
    Jus sayin
    :p

13. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Wow, great idea this is! Will look forward to some Doctor Who and PotC, and some Batman!

@Yodimus, I live in NSW. (Aust.) I am so telling that to all my friends now!

Look out fanfiction.net, here we come!

Cazz out.

14. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    I've always heard it NSFW or NWS (Not Work-Safe). NSWFF clearly stands for New South Wales Fan Force. ;)

I didn't know when I suggested it!

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Oh, the irony! 8-}

I'm just taking the moment to do much [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] about the creation of this forum before I go into non-Internet connection phase. :p

16. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Congratulations to everyone who was involved in getting this forum open. =D=

17. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    I'm really excited about this forum. I can't wait to try out some non SW fanfic.

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    There should be a wide variety of stories here soon; it's just that the word hasn't quite gotten out yet. What I mean by that is that this forum is so new that most people haven't visited it yet.

19. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    I just found it because I was surfing the Boards. Now I'm trying to decide what story to post . . . .

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'm trying to figure out what people will read. :D

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Bah, just post what you want. If people want to read, they'll read. If not, so what? :p

Edit: Sorry. Age-old rant I've always had about readers. ;)

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well it may have something to do with the fact that writers want their work read, and if it isn't, then they feel like all their work was for nothing.

23. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    One thing we always told people in the SW Fan Fic forums is that you may get zero visible replies on your story, but you may also get lots of lurkers. Some people read but just don't like to post. I guess that's the nice thing about other sites like FFN, and even the TFN Archive - the hit counter lets you know how many times people have visited your story. Doesn't tell you if they actually read it, but it's nice to be optimistic. :p

24. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    I'm starting to accept the fact that 80% of the non-SW plot bunnies I have are afflicted with terminal myxomatosis because of three Japanese publishers Who Shall Not Be Named.

I think that, for the time being, I'll be grateful for being able to post what I can.

- lazy

25. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    In my case, and I will not presume to speak for others, I write for two reasons. (Caveat- since I write mostly original fiction, my perspective may be different than someone who write mostly fanfic.) One is to get the story out. They want to be told and I have no say in the matter. Two is for myself. If I don't have readers, I don't have readers. I like them, but I don't need them. As C. S. Lewis said, "If they won't write the books we want to read, we shall have to write them ourselves; but it is very labourious." My work is not for nothing- it is for myself. If I can't make myself happy, then what's the point?

Lazy, you made me run for my dictionary! I'm impressed and happy- it's rare that I have to do that. :D

I am sorry that you can't post most of your non-SW fics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.