main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the world of tomorrow..... Oh crap *A Fallout 3 Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthSolar, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Y'all better catch the latest trailer for Modern Warfare 2. No, I'm not posting in the wrong thread. After watching the last few scenes there I simply couldn't help thinking about a certain Capital Wasteland...or at least, an alternate one. ;)

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    No kidding. =P~

3. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    No. Freaking. Way. :eek:

The end of that trailer was totally not expected for me, bring on November 11th!!

Also, bring on the Fallout 3 GOTY edition!

4. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Just bought the Game of the Year Edition a few days ago. I never played this before, but I have played Oblivion. I put off buying Fallout and then just forgot about it. This game is awesome.

5. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    The GOTY package is a great deal. So much content. Kiss your life goodbye for a while. :p

6. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Also grabbed the GOTY edition just this afternoon.

Now to control the urge to play it for just a couple more days til school is finished for the year and I'll have a good 2 months to spend in the Capital Wasteland and anywhere else I choose to venture!!

7. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I noticed a lot of people on my Xbox friends list were playing it recently. The GOTY might explain why. [face_thinking]

8. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    And had I known this package was coming out, I probably would've waited a bit instead of shelling out the + or - $100 I've shelled out so far in the original game and add-ons...

...then again, the 200 or so hours logged in so over the past couple of months have been priceless. Imagine, an RPG that almost made me forget all things Halo for the better part of a year...

9. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Exactly. I feel like I got my $130 (Got the Collector's Edition) worth out of this game, I really do. Zeta was the only DLC to let me down a little bit, the rest were just great.

10. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I enjoyed three of the five DLC episodes. The two that disappointed me were Mothership Zeta (though I will concede that the weapons you get from that mission are fantastic) and Broken Steel (I did enjoy the raised level cap, however). Operation Anchorage was easily the best of the bunch for me, followed by The Pitt and Point Lookout, in that order.

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I felt that they only got better as they were released. Except for M:Z, that would fall somewhere in the middle, probably just below BS. PL was far and away the best as it added the biggest new area to explore. O:A was too much of a FPS to be really entertaining. The Pitt was good but short, it did have the best moral choice in the entire game though.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I think I'll start my 3rd playthrough with a neutral male LW just to get a few missing achievables at the Pitt and M:Z. As for the moral choice at the Pitt...I'll definitely stop being a trigger happy avenger this time around and listen to what the ex Brotherhood ruler of the Pitt has to say for himself. First time around I just blew away The Pitt's "elite" without exchanging words, took the baby and gave it to the slaves. But odds are I'll end up doing the same thing regardless.

As for Point Lookout..is it true that loading it can crash your game more often than not?

13. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I've only had Fallout 3 crash on me twice during all of my playthroughs. Both times were in PL though.

14. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    No PL crashes for me at all. That said, I think I had at least one during Anchorage, but it doesn't really matter so much in the long run.

Yup. Durned close to (or maybe even past) 200 hours now myself, and as I said in another post, I don't know how Bethesda managed to sell me a $110 game (well, $130, after buying the Collector's Edition lunchbox), but I'd totally do it again in a heartbeat.

Not one single moment was wasted with this game. Not even when my blue-mohawked biker bastard used some Naughty Nightwear along with Lincoln's hat to win a speech-check. The awe and wonder of my beautiful self in leopard-skin lingerie was a glorious sight.

Also:

Nerds!!

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    My penultimate (and refurbished) 360 died on me while I was on M:Z, but I blame that more on the console's crapiness than Fallout's. Otherwise, the game has never crashed on me. But if it's prone to do so due to PL, I'll have to reconsider getting that one if only for cheevo completion's sake.

No, getting the lunchbox deal (or any other highway-robbery-collector's-edition-deal like, say, Halo 3's Legendary version) is just too much money spent on a game as far as I'm concerned. I figure a game's value lies solely on what it offers once you turn on your console and start playing, not on its shiny package or lack thereof. And Fallout 3's value is simply, as stated above, priceless.

As for Lincoln's hat...I've never found it in the Museum of History. Where exactly is it tucked away?

16. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    It's lying on the ground in a pile of rubble in one of the side rooms. Very hard to see. It's in the 2nd area near where the turrets are shooting ghouls. When you first enter that section take a right and its in one of the rooms there, before you get to the locked gates in the big "library" area. If you sell it to Hannibal Hamlin he will comment that it's a ridiculous looking hat but will then wear it for the rest of the game. It's not bad to keep though as it adds a speech and/or CHA bonus IIRC.

EDIT: Much better directions can be found here, on the wiki.

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Speaking of the so-called "collector's editions", this sorta reminds me of the gimmick-ridden comic book market of the 90's, full of die-cut, holographic, pop-up, cuadruple gate-fold covers with an additonal 5 bagged editions each with their own rare trading card...and how badly that imploded. With recent offenders like Arkham Asylum's rubber-foam P.O.S. batarang in that collector's edition, I fear this may lead video game publishers to a bad, dark place full of overall crappy product (looking at you, EA and LucasArts) with many unsold copies sitting on retailers shelves until their price plummets to mere pennies a pop.

18. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    I have a question relating to the end of the Anchorage DLC, wondering if anyone knows the answer to.

I finished up the simulation and I step out and head into the armoury as you'd expect. But after being in there for about 30 seconds the Outcasts all of a sudden start attacking me without warning, and they even attack their own Scribe as well. First I thought I'd accidentally pickpocketed the Scribe so I reloaded and the same thing happened.

So is that a glitch or were they intending to kill me all along? And the scribe? I get the feeling they were, seeing as how I later found poor old Gary 23 missing an arm, but I just thought I'd ask if anyone else had similar experiences to put my mind at ease. :)

19. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Yeah it happens every time.

The scribe and the guy who says you can take what you want when you get out are the two who get turned upon. They're Brotherhood outcasts, they don't like sharing tech.

I missed this first time round and re-loaded the save from when I stepped out the sim, RAN down the corridor while the dialogue was taking place and pulled out my missile launcher before the dialogue finished.

I think I got 4 sets of Outcast armour as a result of that...

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, it's a plot thingie. I've usually managed to save the Scribe and the leader after quickly dispatching the four traitors. Though considering the Outcasts are usually such douches...why bother at all? Regardless, more loot for you in any case...though as always, it's usually a pain to offload all that loot when most vendors in the major markets (Rivet City, Underworld, Megaton) across the Wasteland usually don't have the caps to purchase your premium items/weapons.

21. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    loved fallout 3. i borrowed it from someone and beat it twice. i love the cheats.

onece it goes down to $29.99 i will buy it

22. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    There are cheats?

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I'm sure there's a debug console on the PC.

24. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I've been reading a lot about disappearing items from the Megaton house. Has this problem been fixed? I would hate for all my stuff to be gone.

25. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Never had a problem with it, myself. Supposedly, it might actually be a certain NPC filching your stuff instead of an actual bug, but I'm not sure if anyone ever proved this one way or the other.

I've kept items in the locker near the workbench as well as the desk and file cabinet in the bedroom without any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.