main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the world of tomorrow..... Oh crap *A Fallout 3 Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthSolar, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Just load up the lockers. Infinite capacity.

And unlike Oblivion, your stuff will still be there 150 hours later.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    There was a glitch where stuff disappeared from lockers in the Megaton house, but AFAIK a patch fixed it.

3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    tons of cheats. just hit this button~ and you can go up levels, add special items, God Mode and much much more. very easy cheast to employ. i hate that ini thing where you have to go into the (ini) file and add cheats to game stats. every time i try to save it, after i go in and turn on cheats, it wont save. this is easy

Just got the game of the year edition. wow just so nice to save so much money on it. get all 5 expansions for free. pretty much.

4. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    just took 2 hours instaling GOTY edition, and i still can't install the DLC's disk 2 refuses to install at all. i even tried using a trick someone came up with on the bethseda forums, and it did not work at all. Now what???? do i have to buy the expansions now????

5. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    So I finished The Pitt a couple days ago... They really werent kidding in the reviews when they said this DLC was mostly about the morally grey choices you would be forced to make during the quests. I was initially 100% on getting there, working my way up the ladder, and grabbing the cure for my slave buddies Midea and Wernher.

Then I found out what the cure really was when I entered the Lab to steal it. And suddenly, even though I felt the game was telling me it was the right thing to do, I still couldn't bring myself to take it and give it to the slaves. What could they possibly accomplish with it that the slavers couldn't, and how safe would it be with them? Leaving it there just seemed the all-round better option. Maybe not immediately, but I felt Ashur was telling the truth about his vision of the Pitt once the cure was found so in the long run letting the slavers keep it would be way more beneficial than anything the slaves could muster with it.

Did anybody here choose to take the cure though? I'm interested to hear how the quest unfolded if you went down that path but I'm definitely not interested in replaying it that way to find out. So far the Pitt on the GOTY PS3 edition has been laggy, freezes often and has massive framerate issues. PS3's lack of RAM upsets me sometimes :(

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    When I tackled on that quest, I was a righteous angel of justice so I saw Ashur and his cronies as nothing more than slaver scum, so I did not befriend any of them and as soon as I made it to Ashur?s place I started shooting everyone in sight. But when I made my way to ?the cure? and found out what it was, and then reading on Ashur?s notes, I did feel a pang of regret for not letting them hear their side of things. So, after making the baby an orphan I saw little choice but to take it to the slavers. Werhner?s tone made it clear that he?d dissect the baby if given the chance, but it was left under Medea?s care nonetheless. And you can only assume it?s still be under her care when or if you return to the Pitt later on. I thought I did everything I wanted to do with the game, so I sacrificed (i.e. traded in) my copy of Fallout 3 in favor of the MW2 mania; thus I won?t get the chance anytime soon to see that choice play out from the other side.

7. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Yeah, Marie's crib is still in Midea's "office"/lab if you return to The Pitt later on in the game. That was one fricking tough choice to make -- I ended up killing Ashur and his wife and taking the baby too, though it's pretty much lose-lose for someone no matter which way you go.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The Pitt has some ****ing creepy glitches. Like, Ashur comes back from the dead and walks around and you can talk to him. He's also unkillable.

9. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    No crashes or glitches at all for me when I played "The Pitt" (on Xbox). Though I hear they exist, particularly on the PS3 version. Maybe I've just been exceptionally lucky, or something.

EDIT: Let me modify that slightly...I do remember, walking out of Midea's lab on at least two different occasions, seeing two different NPCs suddenly plummet to their deaths from rooftops across the plaza without any explanation whatsoever. It was totally like, WT*?? Maybe they got depressed over my massive sheer awesomeness.

10. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    got it figured out... go in safemode to install second disk

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    It's not just on the Pitt. It happens on many a location after a fast travel load or even a load after opening a door to a new map, regardless of whether you have The Pitt installed or not. Plummeting objects are usually in the shape of dead NPCs/enemies that fall out of the sky, as if they were set props suddenly put into place by ghostly stagehands. Creepy $#!+ nonetheless, and one of the most annoying bugs in the game IMO.

Another recurring bug: Big Town. Every time I fast travelled to the place or even after just walking there, the place was usually under attack by one or more critters/robots/mutants/whatever, usually killing any of the NPC's therein you had heroically saved back when you did the Trouble in Big Town Quest.

12. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Yeah, I always hated seeing the Big Town folks getting jumped by enemies -- the one dude at the bridge usually has, like, 2 HP left after I drive away the attackers.

(Or at least, that's how it was before I reverse-pickpocketed Enclave Tesla Armor and Plasma weaponry onto all of them...)

13. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Okay, which expansion is it that you go to on the riverboat, in the southeast section of the map? is that Maryland? and how do you get to pitt?

14. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    The riverboat will take you to Point Lookout, and to get to the Pitt you must travel to the radio signal coming from near the top-left of the Capital Wasteland map.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Huh, never though about doing that. Guess I shoulda, considering all that extra armor and plasma weapons I was hoarding most of the time. :p

16. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    It kinda sucks for me in a way, too, because I later found out that you can teach them to repair the nearby Protectrons and Sentry-Bots for added town defense if your Science skill is 50 or above (mine was something like 30-35 at the time). Or, if your Sneak skill is at 50, you can teach them stealth, so that when the Super Mutants come a-knockin' (after rescuing Red from the Germantown police station), the townsfolk will hide, and the mutants will give up and go away after a period of time.

I was able to teach them advanced firearms techniques, though, which came in handy later when I gave them all the kickass Enclave gear.

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, I was able to teach them how to shoot stuff on my second playthrough. I didn't know you could also teach them anything else, but then I didn't spend too much time talking to the natives in order to trigger the dialogue options that'd open the clinics on all of those skills. On my first playthrough I never thought anyone anything, which when you think about it, it explains the reason why the town would be constantly under attack everytime you went there. Funny how the game hits you over the head with hints about stuff that needs to be done.

18. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    oh you have to do is have a explosives score that is good, and you can teach them to mine the bridge.

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Working my way through Broken Steel, loving my new Heavy Incinerator as I go.

Only one problem: &^%$£"! Reavers!

20. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    They suck.

Reavers function much like Deathclaws, so similar strategies are pretty effective. Darting one and finishing it up with a powerful weapon from a distance can work, if you remember to mind their ranged attack. Jingwei's Shock Sword is rather useful. Guns with a knockdown effect also can be put to good use, though I love using Nuka-Grenades on them, if I have any handy.

(Just don't try that last one in enclosed spaces, though.)

21. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    When dealing with Reavers there is only one cure: Fire. And lots of it. I've had some success burning them down with Flamers.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    IIRC some of the alien weapons (the Destabilizer and the trusty Blaster) are quite effective against Reavers. That is, if you did M:Z first and got plenty of ammo for both of 'em. That and sneak attacks usually resulted in one shot kills for me more often than not.

23. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Yup, forgot to mention the good ol' Alien Blaster there, although be careful which alien weapons you're considering -- some of them don't come anywhere near the kill-power of the A.B., but some of them do. Even Reavers are usually one-shot-kills with the Alien Blaster equipped.

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yeah, funny thing that. The alien rifles and the Destabilizer supposedly have a higher DAM stat than the AB, but more often than not the original Blaster usually outdoes them all, specially when performing a succesful sneak attacks. It's a good thing M:Z and Broken Steel provide you with more ammo for the thing, especially if you never have the random event that gives you the other blaster.

25. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    best weapon i have ever seen in this game is the Gauss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.