main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the world of tomorrow..... Oh crap *A Fallout 3 Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthSolar, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burning_Hatred

Burning_Hatred Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    Where is the Republic of Dave? I've been looking for it to get the bobblehead in the Museum of Dave, and because naming a Republic after yourself is WIN.

2. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    this game is really just about the very best new game i've played in four or five years at least.
    the things you can do and the way you can do them... this game is so much of what so many other games should've been.
    i don't mean to gush here or anything, but i have been lurking on the bethesda forums (since i lost my password/login) and i've seen a lot of hate going around there. i fail to see how anyone could be upset with the game's stuff or its longevity. just walking around these places and getting levels is the best, man. i also love looking in blown-out old houses and factories for goods and lawnmower parts.

the money thing is a little tight still but i can't really complain about that. having 50 for your repair skill at lvl. 7 is great. and i'm wondering, where do you find the schematics for the railroad gun? is it a rifle or a mini-gun type gun? so far i've set my best proficiencies in "small" guns and eneregy weapons. i'm having a hard time just picking one aspect and running with it.

3. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    (yeah, secondpost)
    last night i stayed up until 4:30 playing.
    i made the rock-it launcher and went out for a fieldtest.
    i found a trailer to the north of the springvale schoolhouse with a master mutant lurking within.
    i ran to the door, shot an ashtray at his head and then an empty cola bottle at his chest.
    he was swearing about humans and talking about how he'd like to eat us before i ran to the door,
    i thought i might get the better of him through my garbage-launcher but to no luck...
    he had a gatlin' gun and mowed me down after my first two V.A.T.S. shots.

mutants, man.

anyway, i've been playing with a general first character that i'm trying to make good at everything which isn't relly all that good at anything. i've already laid my plans to design a superior second character based on john steinbeck's tom joad. yes, this tom joad character will gain the maximum potential from all of the game's resources like intense training and animal friendship. not to mention his damage resistance gained through the durability perk, the adamantium skeleton, and his general steeley demeanor. i also plan to make my tom joad character more proficient at heavy weapons than was my initial character, rick jones. i realize that there's so much that i havn't even seen in this game yet and am anxious for what i might discover. i was playing for awhile last night when i found a church in the middle of nowhere. all of a sudden a settler ran at me whilst burning alive. i thought i had finally discovered a glowing one, but no, it was just a settler that a raider had lit on fire with a flamer. then i went into the church from the back, which was a good thing considering how that church was booby-trapped up to the eyeballs. there was a shotgun rigged to shoot at the door, and a pair of grenades hanging from the ceiling like a nutsack...

i shot at the grenades but they never blew up.
    i then approached them cautiously and took them off the string.

but yeah,
    i can see how people get so excited about 2nd/3rd characters that they havn't even made yet.
    i can't wait to make my tom joad.
    he'll be like steinbeck's joad, except for how he'll be a survivor of the wastelend rather than the dustbowl.
    or maybe i should call it a nuclear wastebowl...???

4. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Alien blaster = best weapon ever. Kills super mutant masters in one shot. Though ammo for it is really hard to come by, so I'm not using it until I go up against harder enemies.

5. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    Quick question on the "Head of State" mission:

I cleared Lincoln Monument, got the picture, and then it says to meet Hannibal at the monument, but when I got there, no ones there. And I decided to check back at the Temple of Union, and no one is there too. I was wondering if this happened to anyone?

6. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Also, for pre-Level 10 players:

Evergreen Estates is a good destination. Big raider outpost, ****load of items and weapons inside. The catch: you'll probably have to frag a Behemoth to get in. I think that's where you get the Terrible Shotgun by killing the trader there.

And I discovered something neat: If you kill the guy in Megaton who wants you to explode the bomb, you don't get negative karma. In fact, no one really seems to notice if you beat him to death with a bat. Not only that, but he's got a pretty sweet silenced pistol, which comes in really handy if you're playing a sneak-thief like me.

You can also get his business suit, which gives you +5 to Speech. It's pretty funny running around town talking to people dressed in a dirty pre-war business suit and a hockey mask. I feel like Jason Voorhees trying to get people to franchise.

7. HemDazon90

HemDazon90 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2008
    the thought of jason doing that made pepsi squirt out of my nose[face_laugh]

8. Burning_Hatred

Burning_Hatred Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    Note To Raiders/Super Mutants/Animals/Talon Mercs: Please run when you see me pull out ol' Matilda (my hunting rifle). Your life is in great danger when that happens.

I love this game. What's everyone's favorite quest/side-quest (without giving away spoilers)? Mine's definitely Reilly's Rangers.

9. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    The American Dream

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    don't know yet. had to start over because my 360 fried.

i'm playing through evil, blew megaton and working on enslaving the big three. already did the kid from little lamplight.

:snoopy

11. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    In keeping with the "generally amoral douchebag" facet of my character, I'm exploiting the living crap out of the "Paradise Falls" bug. Has anyone else done this, or am I alone in my little bubble of cheater-hood?

I'm assuming people have run into Enclave soldiers with Tesla Armor? Not only does it look good, the defensive rating can get into the high 30's. I was using Reilly's armor for a bit, but it's been replaced by said Tesla Armor. When I made Level 20, I chose the "Explorer" perk. I had already found a good 70 or so places, but subtracting subway stations, I think there's a good fifty more places for me to discover. Insane.

(Also, I loves me some Lincoln Repeater action...)

12. Anakin_Sockwalker

Jun 11, 2005
    You mean the "hey, look at what we picked up in the last raid" thing?

13. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    what's the paradise falls bug?

:snoopy

14. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I was using Reilly's armor forever. It was replaced by the Experimental Medic Armor. Most powerful armor I've found. Plus, it freakin TALKS to you like a Drill Sargent whenever enemies are near. Very cool.

15. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Came across an unusual bug in Megaton. I was just going back and forth from my apartment and the supply store to buy and sell stuff, and on one of my trips I found Simms, the town sheriff, just lying dead on a walkway for some reason.

Did he spawn in midair when I came out of the store and fell to his death, or something? Victim of a hit? Whatever the case, I did the only thing I could do. I looted his body and walked away, wearing his hat.

If you're evil enough, a slaver comes up and gives you free crap.

The bug? YOU CAN KEEP TALKING TO HIM AND GETTING MORE AND MORE AND MORE FREE **** UNTIL YOUR POCKETS ARE BURSTING WITH BULLETS AND **** OH MY GOD.

16. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    The song's called Butcher Pete Pt.1 by Roy Brown, and yeah, "hackin and whackin and smackin" :)

:eek: Really need someone to discuss this Vault with. Was incredibly freaky, and ever since I stumbled upon it I've been trying to get as much info about it as I can find on the net. The whole Vault Experiment with different conditions for each Vault definitely caught my interest, but experiencing it first-hand in Vault 106... Whoa.
    Breathe deep the blue

17. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah that section freaked me out. It was almost an Eternal Darkness moment the way the blue flashes are really short at first. I thought my 360 was acting up or something. It wasn't until they started getting longer and I saw 3 Dad's walking around at once that I realized it was part of the game.

18. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    My favourite moment so far was when I headed north of megaton looking for dogmeat, some guide I read said to just head north, I found him in the scrapyard though, is his appearance static or does he spawn elsewhere too?

Anyway, so I headed north, went near Germantown and poohed my pants at the sight of a supermutant, carried on running north... or somewhere... and started getting attacked by a centaur AND a supermutant. I somehow survived and took them out, was level 4 at the time I think. I then, with half HP, travelled a bit further before coming across that small train cart or something with another supermutant.

I pull out my rifle, line up a shot to the back of the head and get the drop on him with a sneak attack. Hiding behind some rocks that surely would have disintegrated underneath the barrage from his minigun, I was able to duck in and out taking pot shots at him.

Now I have a minigun and shedloads of ammo, 3 levels later I've only used it once. I warped to a power station and some guys tried to collect a 1000 cap bounty on me because I saved Megaton, I did consider legging it but thought about the cobwebs on my minigun. While dogmeat sicked the guy with the assault rifle, I unleashed on the other guy with the combat shotgun. I'd just taken the bloody mess perk, he was my first victim :D

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I was getting hacked off with Super Mutants then I found they react well to being toasted, or frag-grenaded or missiled to death.

How did I get a Missile Launcher, well there hangs a tale, I got ambushed by a Super Mutant Brute armed with one, so I took out the Baseball Bat and went up close and personal finally killing him with 2 VAT-strikes, then I looted the body.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I nuked Megaton, I emptied Rivet City, Tenpenny Tower is deserted (Burke and Tenpenny gave me good karma, though-- argh), I ambush any caravan I see-- basically every character dies at my hands. I was initially averse to being such an evil bastard because I didn't want to have only my robot butler to talk to, but Megaton's hard-to-navigate setup annoyed me and it was a downward spiral from there.

I'll probably get tired of being evil before I finish the game, though, which is why I have a "good" save.

21. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    or you could just start a new dude. (and or chick)

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, I started off doing good things then I just decided to help Mr. Burke. As a result I started a new "evil" save file so I can go back and be good if I want.

23. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i was wandering throught the wasteland the other night and i started to wonder to myself; ' now what's wrong with the drugs in this game? i thought they were supposed to be realistic and offensive. then i remembered how we changed them around so that the australians could play. but i wonder, what drugs where supposed to be what. i mean, med-x is obviously heroin, jet is like crack... ? and mentats, well they're obviously that ecstacy. but what about the rest, and what is jet really supposed to be?

oh, and also, the dartgun is the king of sidearms.
    i call it the ultimate menace, it makes me feel like dennis the meance from hell.

24. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    One of the drugs used to be Morphine.

And our OFLC didnt like that you could become addicted to them, because the drug addiction and the resulting 'withdrawals' was apparently sending the wrong message.

But blowing people's heads apart, picking locks, planting live grenades in peoples pockets and other various illegal activities are perfectly harmless. :rolleyes:

25. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    The best part in this game is the Tenpenny Tower quest. It's brilliant.

Notice that Burke reappears in the Towers if you take the "good" path. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.