Welcome to the world of tomorrow..... Oh crap *A Fallout 3 Thread*

Discussion in 'Games' started by DarthSolar, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I put a live grenade in Roy Phillip's pocket while he was speaking into the Tenpenny Tower intercom, and instantly regretted the decision when I realised I needed him for his sidequest.

Now the only Ghoul in that area that will speak to me is Betty, but thats a dead end [face_frustrated]
  2. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    i did not notice that burke was back.
    i let the gouls into the tower to kill everybody.
    i liked the mask that roy gave me.
    which path is the good path?
    mine seemed pretty kickass.
  3. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I think the "best" path is convincing Tenpenny to let the Ghouls in, but then the Ghouls just end up eventually killing them anyway.
  4. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    okay, i guess that makes sense.
    i do like letting the gouls into the lobby though because when roy ushers you in the front door and gives you that mask, he then proceeds to turn around and machine-gun some lady to death while gruffly saying "die, #####." gotta love that roy.

last night i found the damn alien.
    that was crazy as all hell. i am reluctant to use his alien blaster though since the ammunition is so limited.

also, oasis.
    i met the tree named harold, well, the tree's name is bob, or was it herbert.
    i really have to say that i loved that part of the game.
    a big part of what i loved about it is the fact that i've played that game almost every day since it came out and i'm still finding things like this. i played through it once where i rubbed the balm on his 'heart' and he was supposed to grow. i liked doing that since i got a really sweet hood. but then i did it again and i blew his 'heart' up. i got no hood out of this but i did get the "bark skin" perk. this grants another permanent +5 damage resistance. so that was swell. see, i made tom joad and he's a pretty tough guy. i like to run around in the pre-war casual wear which doesn't afford a very high damage resistance. but now with the bark skin and toughness perks, i have a constant damage resistance of about 20 ALL THE TIME! so that's pretty nice. i do miss that sweet-ass hood though...
  5. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    IGN.com has an interview with Jeff Gardiner, lead producer, who talks mostly about the Operation Anchorage DLC, but does mention this...

IGN: Will any of the three downloads come with a lift of the level 20 cap?

Gardiner: Yes, the plan is currently for the third DLC, Broken Steel, to increase the level cap. This will be accompanied by new foes, perks and all of the other Fallout 3 staples our fans expect.

6. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    the 3rd DLC!?!
    are there some out already!?!
    how many will there be?!?
    who authorized all this!?!

can i have it now?
  7. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    ok... i have so got to get live... this is... definitely going to be well, well worth playing for a long time.

:snoopy
  8. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    There's 3 packs planned. One in January, one in February and one in March.

January's will be "Operation Anchorage" which will take place before the war, and be about USA taking Alaska back from the Chinese.

February's will be "The Pitt" which is a post-war story in Pittsburgh. I don't know much more about it than that.

March's is the "Broken Steel" pack which is a continuation of the main story and is about the Brotherhood wiping out all the Enclave Remnant.
  9. SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer

star 5
    The Geck!
    Fallout 3 official modding tools are now available, happy days.

Also for those who missed it, you can still get the original game for free from GameTap.
    But if you ask me, anyone who doesn't own a boxed copy of the original game is a terrible human being.
  10. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    Fallout 3 -- Wasteland Dancin'

Loving that DLC coming.

Democracy is not negotiable!

Raised level-cap! That's the best news. I just wish it was sooner than the third installment of the DLC, though.

Also, has anyone picked up the Red Chinese broadcast-loop near the Library and the Citadel? Refers to the U.S. leaders as "The Wall Street Gang," etc.

The most PIMP gun ever is in the Deathclaw Sanctuary -- "Vengeance," the special Gatling-laser. But don't fight Deathclaws without the dart-gun. Use that to target their legs, and they'll slow to a crawl when coming after you.
  11. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I remember accidentally picking up the Red army signal after scooting around Grayditch and wandering off when I was supposed to be headed for the Trepid Sewers to beat some molerats with my trusty repellant stick. :p

Ended up at a building known as Mama Dolce's, which I'm 99% sure is where that broadcast is originating from ;)
  12. Sith_Lords Force Ghost

star 4
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Mama_Dolce%27s
  13. Jedi_Master_Ron Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone have any tips on getting through Paradise Falls and doing whatever needs to be done there in order to gain access to Little Lamplight? I was hard-pressed to get through the very first "courtyard" after I entered the place for the first time around level 10, I think.
  14. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Get a lot of frag grenades and use those. It helps that the slavers tend to stand in groups of two or three. Or get a good-condition combat shotgun and get up close to them. Or a good-condition assault rifle to use for longer range. You should've talked them into letting you in. That's what I did. Taking them by surprise would get rid of a few slavers before they started shooting you.

If you have trouble with that you're going to have an even more difficult time with Vault 87 (I assume that's why you want to get to Lamplight). Also, make sure you've done all the sidequests and stuff before getting the item from the Vault; the main quest will catapult you to the ending from there.
  15. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    i did the replicated man mission again today.
    this time i told armitage who he was and what his daddy did and he gave me the sweetest-ass plasma rifle i've ever seen. the thing is in primo condition when he hands it to you too. if i would've known about that i suppose i might have tried a little harder to do this quest first. i havn't brought on the maddness that is the enclave yet in this game so i've just been using a laser rifle so far.

i really kinda like the laser rifle. little weak and all, but not a bad gun.
    the plasma rifle just blows it out of the water though, especially armitage's plasma rifle.

'armitage's plasma rifle'

that sounds like something.
    something else.
    i don't know ...?
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i told him... and then i went and turned him over. got both the rifle, and the perk.:p

17. adx Jedi Knight

star 2
    Have it and love it :)
  18. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For anyone thats playing it on PS3 (I assume that most of the people here are on the 360 or PC instead), the trophies were patched in version 1.10 today, which is earlier than a lot of sites were saying.

Seeing as how they are identical to 360 Achievements I dont know why they took so long, but you get that sometimes... :rolleyes:
  19. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    A-HEM! I missed the first games and I'm not a terrible human being nor do I care about playing them to change any such opinion, so shush.

So I got Fallout 3 this Saturday to see what all the hubbub's about. Quite frankly, I'm bored to tears with it. Although the VATS combat system provides the dice-rolling element of the game, I find it kinda meh. But it's definitely better to use it rather than relying on the piss-poor FPS reticle available to you. So this is "Oblivion with guns" eh? Well, I'm glad I also missed Oblivion in the first place.
  20. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    i found your comments to be cruel, mean-spirited, and just plain unnecessary.

but you should really play more if you want to see what the hubbub is about.

i met uncle leo last night, for example.
    he's a super-mutant pacifist that walks around like billy bob thornton in slingblade.
  21. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Last time I checked, everyone's entitled to an opinion. I'm usually far too cynical for my own good so sorry if I offended. Frankly, the game just isn't my cup of tea (so much so I already ebay'd it) and don't see myself spending one more minute with it.
  22. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    on a different note, just because you don't like this one (which is completely different from the original two) doesn't mean you shouldn't try the others. they are dramatically different, actually turnbased so recquire more strategy, and definitely more story-driven. try fallout 1 on gametap, since it's free, before judging the whole series based on bethesda's effort. they're one of those companies that people either love or hate their games.

23. Axle-Starweilder Force Ghost

star 6
    those terms aren't mutually exclusive either.
    i loved morrowind, i love fallout 3, and i really don't care much for oblivion.
    i really want to love it, but i just havn't been able to make myself.
    you can't wear a robe over your armor, you have to get those uncomfortably close looks at everyone you talk to, and the whole feel of the game...

well, it's just sort of a weirdly done, lameish take on lord of the rings. (the movies) which are overrated anyway.

i'm just saying, i love the games, not the company.

i also enjoy throwing plasma grenades at little enclave camps that i sneak into.
    those guys never saw it coming.
  24. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I may have been misinterpreted, but I wasn't judging/thrashing the earlier Fallout games. I was making slight of SoloCommand's comment of those of us who don't own the original games as being "terrible human beings". I missed them when they came out and I've never played them, period. From what I've read, everyone seems to be in agreement that they are fantastic games. Therefore, I won't disagree with them; especially since, again, I've not played them and am not in a position to criticize them.

But as for Bethesda's effort, no, I'm just not digging it. And yeah, I'm of the mindless Halo/COD/Gears fanbase, so maybe that's my problem right there. :p
  25. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Am I a part of that fanbase if I hate Halo and Gears but love COD? :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.