main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the world of tomorrow..... Oh crap *A Fallout 3 Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthSolar, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes, you can take the Tenpenny residents' suits. But you can also buy them if you don't feel like starting a massacre. :p

2. DarthRevan211

DarthRevan211 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    If you have Fawkes and some stimpaks with you, Deathclaws are pretty much a piece of cake. However, if you feel the need for a Dart Gun, you can get the schematics from the runaway slaves after completing the Head of the Union quest. I actually just found the final part last night... haven't built it yet, though.

Anyway, one part of this game REALLY annoyed me last night. It has to do with the Tenpenny Tower quest. So, Tenpenny doesn't want to let Roy Phillips and his ghoul pals into the Tower, so I have a chat with Roy and (after he insults me and I'm STILL nice to him) I decide to try and come up with a peaceful resolution. I go back to TT and chat with Tenpenny about letting the ghouls stay there. He says that if I can convince the other residents he will let them in. So I do that and everyones happy. The true bigots get mad and leave the tower while the ones who are open to new ghoul neighbors stick around. And so the ghouls move in.

So, after a few in-game days, I head back to TT. I speak to the intercom and there is no voice on the other side. The gate opens and I head into the tower. There is not a single human in sight, only ghouls! I head to the basement and, after fighting a Feral Ghoul, all of the human residents' bodies are down there! So I head to the suite level, where Roy Phillips is. He said they had it coming. What an *******! He killed all of the nice residents for no reason, I will avenge their deaths! I pull out my Terrible Shotgun and blow his head off and.... KARMA LOSS?!?!? What the hell!?!? He just massacred an entire tower of people that were open to them. GAH! I hate Roy Phillips and all his ugly ghoul bastards. So, I went on a killing rampage and exterminated all of the ghouls.

But, seriously, that was lame. I lose Karma for killing some ugly-ass murderer piece of scum.

3. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, the point of the Tenpenny Tower quest is that neither side is really all that good. Both Philips and Tenpenny are *******s.

4. DarthRevan211

DarthRevan211 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    Yeah I guess, but the game kind of disputes that by making Roy a "good" character, thus resulting in Karma loss for killing him, even with noble purpose.

5. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Well, I think that the karma gain you get from killing Tenpenny is unrelated to the ghoul quest. The most evil thing you can do in the game is detonate the Megaton nuke, and Tenpenny is the one who contracts you to do it.

Then again, it's interesting to note that, if you let the ghouls into the Tower before doing the Megaton bomb quest, Mr. Burke offers his services to Philips and the ghoul leader would also like to see Megaton destroyed.

6. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I intend to just go in there, blow Tenpenny's face off and just leave the ghouls alone because no matter what I do it's the wrong choice there.

7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    ooookkkk... had no clue there were that many options for tenpenny tower... i just stuck a grenade in roys pants when i first found him, just for the heck of it.

the more i find out about this game, the more amazed at the true freedom to do whatever the heck you want in it there is. bethesda really nailed it with this game. hopefully they learn for their next elder scrolls, as combining some of fall out with that would be amazing.

:snoopy

8. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i know what you mean.
    that was my biggest problem with oblivion is that it just wasn't whacked-out enough.
    the world looked far too pristine and crisp and everyone's face looked like somebody's grandmother.
    i like the edgier style they're going with in fallout 3. and though i don't intend to call it oblivion with guns or suggest they put guns into the next elder scrolls, the v.a.t.s. options sure are nice. they could do with some of that in their magical fantasy world.

9. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep dogmeat alive? I haven't gotten him yet just because I'm so afraid he's gonna kick the bucket right after I do.

10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Save a lot, or, if you're on a PC, cheat and make it so that he only falls unconscious. :p

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I found that Dogmeat tended to keep himself alive better in enclosed places like the subway tunnels or inside of buildings. Out in the wasteland all it takes is a lucky shot from a far off raider or something for him to go down. If you find yourself in a sticky situation where he keeps repeatedly dying, just talk to him and send him back to your Vault. He can normally make it back on his own and will be happily waiting for you when you return.

12. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  13. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Christ, both of those are ****ing hilarious, but the robot screaming right-wing epithets over Liam Neeson during your birth-scene and then murdering everyone in the room just takes the taco. I must've watched that thing, like, four times just since you linked it.

I'm kind of regretting picking the "Mysterious Stranger" perk. It's amusing the first couple times, but I'm getting tired of him stealing my kills. Even better is when I'm genuinely in trouble, he makes a big entrance with his theme music, misses every shot, and teleports away. What an ***hole.

14. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah, he's been fairly worthless for me as well. A few times he's showed up only to shoot at the enemy I just killed, ignoring the other three standing right next to him. Highly annoying.

15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    "Broken Steel" (third DLC) will radically alter the game.

Gets rid of a true "ending" and raises the level cap to 30. :D

I think that the Brotherhood will somehow rescue you from dying of radiation poisoning... or maybe how you survive depends on your karma. Or maybe you'll also have the option (which developers admit they kinda overlooked) of sending the radiation-immune Fawkes, Charon, or that robot companion to activate the purifier. Either way, I'm really interested in how the main character's survival will be pulled off.

16. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes, you can. You can take pretty much any bit of clothing off a dead body. Quite nice, really.

I am looking forward to the DLC very much, especially March's edition; my biggest complaint with the game is that it "ends" and you have to start over, rather than continue to roam the wastes. Removing the ending from the game will make it fantastic.

On another note (though I think this is old news) if you get the Dart Gun, it makes Death Claws (and Super Mutant Behemoths, for that matter) child's play. Bottle Cap mines + Dart Gun = sure death for either of those creatures.

17. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    It lets you continue after the end???

:mad:

18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    It may be different than what you or I would think, although it's confirmed that you'll still be playing as the Lone Wanderer.

19. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    If you can finish all the quests and still be able to roam the Wasteland, I suspect an incredible amount of complaints to be flooding into Bethesda from all those who bought the game on the PS3. While we get a lvl 20 cap and a game with the clear ending, the 360 may well be getting a game that can be played theoretically forever (besides the lvl cap of course).

Possibly the biggest slap in the face of this console generation so far.

20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh, I misunderstood your meaning before.

I doubt Bethesda wants to alienate PS3 owners. There's probably some issue with how Sony distributes downloadable content rather than anyone at Bethesda wanting to give you the middle finger and deprive themselves of more profits.

21. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    I wouldnt think so either, but I know friends of mine who wont take the news calmly :p

Just checked an article then, says microsoft paid big bucks to get exclusive DLC for this game, which would explain why Sony's (possibly) being snubbed here, but does it still count as exclusive if the DLC also makes its way to PC? :confused:

22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Windows is the operating system, which is owned by Microsoft. So yeah, still exclusive to them.

23. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    True. They just dont directly make extra money out of it.

What it does do though, is makes the PS3 the only one of the three to not get the DLC, and having people choose to buy the game for the 360 or PC is a win/win situation for them.

24. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    yeah.
    i guess it sure must suck to own a ps3.

25. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm glad I got a 360, that's for sure. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.