Welcome to your forum Albany!

Discussion in 'Albany, NY' started by strawbary, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Welcome Albany! per your request here is your own forum. :)

In order to start your own chapter you will need to hold 3 meetings with at least 3 people.
    For more help on starting a chapter you can go here FAQ

or here

Starting your own chapter

Good luck and if you need anything I am your RSA for this region, I would be happy to help any way I can. :)

May the force be with you!
  2. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome and Good Luck! :)
  3. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Good luck and congrats on the forum!
  4. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Congrats, Albany! :)

Want me to come up from Manhattan some weekend for your first meeting? ;)
  5. SaberGiiett7 Force Ghost

star 6
    *Breath's a sigh of relief* Phew, that was a long and bitter process, nevertheless I'd like to start off in our new shiny forum thanking strawbary (can't do your colors 8-}) for giving us a chance.

And thanks for showing your support Darth_Dowe, Mogook, and Dark Lady Mara. :)

Dark Lady Mara: Absolutely, but we can't get ahead of ourselves here! 8-}I have to work on fabricating a worthwhile planning thread to get things going. :D

On top of that I have work to do rounding up all of those who showed interest in starting this before and gathering even more support. :)

<[-]> Saber

6. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    now if there are any road trips to be had you guys better think about coming to Syracuse first ;)

LOL
    EDIT:
    We have a con in Syracuse Friday May 30th you guys are welcome to hang with us. Peter Mayhew will be there. WQoohoo! :)
  7. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Congratulations! I love Albany, I used to hang out there alot when I lived up in Connecticut. I was a McGeary's regular!
  8. neoxeon2 Jedi Master

star 4
    im glad to see we have a lot of people showing us their support. i hope we do get a group going w/ meetings, that would be good it will give me a reason to get out of bed for anything other then work.
  9. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    A big congrats to you guys, Albany.

From New Jersey, you can get to ask us any questions you want. ;)

J.Sat
    co-Prez/NJO
  10. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Congratulations, Albany. :)
  11. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    Thanks alot strawbary. We can now call ourselves official.
  12. noggins Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! Albany board. Woo hoo.

Of course, can't actually make the most of it until I move there in August but hey! Good to know this is here.

For anyone who doesn't know - I'm a British student about to do a year in SUNY Albany in a few months. Always great to have a chance to get to know people before I get there.
  13. Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Congratulations y'all on getting your forum up and running! :D

God bless!

-Malz
  14. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Congratulations on getting your own forum.
  15. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey guys! I'm finally out of Big Brother and I can talk about starting up meetings with ya'll! :)

I live right now in Queensbury, NY, but it's just for the summer. I go to school in Troy and I'm always traveling around the capital region.

So, is anybody still out there to chat about this? :)

Jae Angel
  16. SaberGiiett7 Force Ghost

star 6
    Narundi: I think everybody is still interested, maybe somebody should compile a planning thread. I'll make it if people shoot me a few PMs with ideas. :D

Queensbury? [face_shocked]Your probably the closest JCer near to where I live.

<[-]> Saber
  17. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Dude, since you live so close to where I do, what kind of fun things do people do around here? :p

I moved here after high school, so I never had a chance to get to know what places were "in" or anything. Guess I'm still a kid at heart. ;)

Anybody else still here?

Oh, and we might have a new person joining our group! I'm trying to convince Fire_Light that he should chill with us, going to school near Saratoga and all. ;)

Jae Angel
  18. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    Hey Narundi if you are looking for a good time try Saratoga. At night broadway is a fun place to be with the crowds and everything else. It really picks up at track time. Although my tastes have changed and alot of the places as well, some of the local festivals are nice. The Albany regatta on the Hudson is nice. If you dont want have a picnic at SPAC, the empire state plaza is a nice place to meet. You can see the whole valley from the corning tower.
  19. Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  20. noggins Jedi Master

star 4
    the empire state plaza is a nice place to meet. You can see the whole valley from the corning tower.

I've heard it's really impressive.

Now, for a request - do any of you know any sites that have decent photos of Albany? All the official sites seem to show the skyline and a few tiny shots of government buildings or whatever but nothing that seems to give me a feel of the place I'm about to live in for a year. Any help would be great!
  21. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    When I think of Albany, the only really impressive place I can see inside the city would be Washington Park. It IS a city.

Outside the city you get places like Troy and Saratoga, which have a few more picturesque things.

Oh, and hello Fire! :p

Jae Angel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.