main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome To Your New Forum!

Discussion in 'Archive: Gainesville, FL' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Congratulations! Due to several requests, this brand new forum for Gainesville has been created! :)

This forum can be used to chat with other Star Wars fans in your area, so that you can organize and become an official FanForce chapter. So, let's get the ball rolling, shall we? :D

To become an official FanForce chapter, you must hold three announced meetings, with at least three people in attendance at each meeting. When y'all have decided when and where to meet, someone needs to send me all the information so that I can post a meeting announcment on the FanForce website. All meetings must be posted on the FF website for them to count toward your official total. It is also a good idea to post a meeting announcement thread in this forum, so that folks who visit here will see it.

The FanForce FAQ has answers to most questions that anyone might have. However, please contact me if you have any questions or concerns that the FAQ does not address. I can be reached via private message or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net. As the Southeast Regional Support Admin, I'm here to help.

Good luck! :D

2. MobartZmuda

MobartZmuda Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Alright, we've got our own board! :)

Now we just need to have a few meetings and we're on our way.

Long live the Gainesville FanForce!

3. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    *pumps fist* YESSSSSSSSSS! :D

This is great! :)

Rock on, Gators!

4. JRHermle

JRHermle Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2001
    Good to see G-ville moving up in the Star Wars fanForce.

As for introductions, "Hi, my name is Herm"

I'm the Fl Rebel legion Executive officer (the Rebel legion and 501st Stormtrooper legion are the costume groups seen at SW Celebration 2 and featured in the SW Insider).

I've had a few unofficial Star Wars meetings in my store (I run a comic book store in Ocala) and I'm willing to lend my support to the Star Wars fans of north central Florida.

If anyone needs a meeting place outside of Gainesville, feel free to drop by my store. You guys just missed a big picnic/meeting in Melbourne this past Saturday, but hopefully we'll have another soon.

Good Luck Gainesville and Gooooooo Gators!

Herm
    JRHERMLE@AOL.COM

5. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    We might take you up on that offer Herm.

I'm not sure exactly where we are meeting as of now, but thanks for the invite.

On these boards, people call me Mobart, people call me Borty, people call me Zmuda. But I kind of prefer to go by Chris outside of the Internet world, so take your pick.

I go to UF and I could start putting flyers around campus if we can get some more input on these boards about where we want to meet.

6. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hi, I'm from waaaay outta town (Boston Rebels, specifically)--just dropping in to say congratulations and good luck to my dear fruity friend!!! :D

7. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Thanks, Sebbums! *hugs*

Good idea, Chris. I know several places where we can put up fliers as well. The local Publixes and libraries are good options.

By the way, I'm usually known as Fruity or D_F (the most common of the MANY weird nicknames that I've accumulated over time), but Kady (heheh, or Kades ;)) is my real name.

8. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    Does anyone have a good idea for a name to call the Gainesville FanForce? (Other than the Gainesville FanForce, of course)

If we were to choose a name outside of the Star Wars Universe, I would suggest "the Stonecutters". I know the name sounds chessy, but if you're a Simpsons fan, you've got to remember the episode when Homer joins the underground club where they sang the song "We do" and Homer was their prophisized chosen one.
    Maybe this will trigger your memory:
    [Excerpt from "We Do!"]

"Who controls the British Crown?
    Who keeps the metric system down?
    We do! We do!
    Who Atlantis off the maps?
    Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
    We do! We do!

9. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    ^ I meant "prophesied" instead of "prophisized". Now I look like an idiot. I looked for the edit post button, but it wasn't there :confused:

I also wanted to add that although "the Stonecutters" might be a humorous name, we should probably pick a name that has something to do with Star Wars since that's why we're here. But we could still sing the song "We do" at meetings if someone really insisted.

10. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I FEEL SAD! I just moved to Orlando from Gville and was happy bc there was a FanForce there and now you guys go and make one! :( oh well, my best friend steven still lives in gville...i can make the meeetings occasionally ;) hehehe

11. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    That's too bad, Chewy. But it's good to see someone else on this board, even if you no longer live in Gainesville.

12. GavinsGirl

GavinsGirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2001
    COOL! Finally a Gainesville FanForce!

13. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    There is a great disturbance in the force. There are two Gainesvilles, one in Georgia and one in Florida. Which side are you on?

I say Go Gators!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.