main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to your new Games: RPG forum moderator... me!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by dp4m, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Self-aggrandizing? Perhaps. :)

But I wanted to make sure that everyone who's a regular here knew that people listened -- there was a need that people expressed for some moderation here, so you got it.

Obviously, I'm a newbie Mod and will take some breaking in to the system to become as effective as I can be. So please be patient and bear with me.

I have some good ideas for the Forum and how it should be run. Before I get anything set in stone, however, if any of you all have some ideas (yes, FrodoWanKenobi, Tremaniac, Fingorfin and Jedi_Matt -- I'm looking at you :p) please PM me your thoughts.

I likely can't please everyone 100%, but I can do my darndest to try.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yessssssssss. This forum needed a mod. It's official, dp4m? You're a Lit mod and a RPG mod?

Congratulations, man, I'm sure you are going to do a great work! I'm just hoping you're not going to ban me because of my views of the Force! ;)

3. FrobiWanKenobi

FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2002
    The only comments that I would have is to get an answer on that posting of official stats question from the owners of the board (I think that's were the other thread left off and I hate bumping threads without adding some new info).

And aside from not being able to tell anyone where to pick up a copy of a certain book at www.genericbookstorename.com or whatever, everything else looks good.

I'm sure you'll keep it that way.

4. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Man, this is REALLY cool!

It is about time we had a mod to call our own around here!

Congratz dp4m!

5. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    I agree with Frobi; I think it's silly that someone can't ask "Where can I find backissues of Star Wars Gamer" without the thread getting shut down.

Of course, there's no such restriction on the Holonet! (end shameless plug)

6. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Yes, I agree as well. I realize it can get out of hand, but if some asks, we should be able to point them in the right direction. However, advertisement should definitely not be allowed.

7. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    This is indeed good news! :D

Look at that, only his second day on the job and he has already added another forum to his list. If the rest of the administration is not careful, he is going to end up running the whole show.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just as a heads-up to people as to what to expect... I will be looking to revamp the Forum some... have clearer rules, easier access to information, FAQ/Index threads, etc.

Obviously, things will not change overnight, but believe me when I say that a) some of the comments in this thread were not unexpected and b) they will be discussed properly.

I would expect some announcements in direction to occur no later than mid-next week.

9. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Looks like there's a new sheriff in town! Well there goes my New Years resolution to curse endlessly when I post! heh heh heh. This is cause to celebrate, but remember, the path of the chosen one is not easy. Unless you cheat, then it's aces!

10. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    congratulations again! i didn't realise you were mod here too until just now.

as for ideas for this forum, perhaps a couple of stickies?

i know this forum isnt that busy compared to the lit forum, but it tidies things up a bit ;)

ive lots of ideas but it'd change it into something similar to the swrpgnetwork.com rather than an RPG forum...

11. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    But what topics would need to be sticky? There is no real problem with redundancy or need to inform people of changes, so there is no cause for sticky threads. Besides, I think they are a bit tacky.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But what topics would need to be sticky? There is no real problem with redundancy or need to inform people of changes, so there is no cause for sticky threads. Besides, I think they are a bit tacky.

Expect at least one sticky thread with a FAQ and general information, as well as a place to do Forum discussion. I don't anticipate any more than that being necessary.

EDIT: There is also a chance that the "What are the stats for THIS species?" thread will be locked, restarted at v2.0 and stickied -- but that may remain unstickied. Still in flux.

13. FusionBlaster

FusionBlaster Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Well I don't come in of a month or two and upon my return what do I find...A mod!

FINALY someone to annoy with PMs of stupid questions 8-}

Well here's too ya dude. And I like the ideas so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.