main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Welcome to your own Forum Manchester!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Well, as per request you guys have your own forum!
    Welcome!!!!

In order to start your own chapter you will need to hold 3 meetings with at least 3 people.

Good luck and if you need anything I am your RSA for this region, I would be happy to help any way I can ;)

For more help on starting a chapter you can go here FAQ

May the Force be with you! :)
    Strawbary

2. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Congrats guys!

Shouldn't take you long to get 3 meets out of the way. Then you can join the Brotherhood of FF! :D

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    On behalf of the Manchester Mandalorians I wish to thank Fan Force, Strawbary and whoever else was involved in the decision, for granting us a board to post. We feel we have something unique to add to Fan Force, and we certainly encourage people to come to our meetings and check us out!

Again, thank you for the board and I'm sure we won't disappoint!

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Yes, congrats indeed! It is kinda weird to see the NH board so dead. I was the last one to post a thread there, which was about two weeks ago, and no one has replied to it or any other thread since.

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks TK7771 and JO77! I hope you come and check us out sometime!

BTW, I just signed the petition to bring C3 to Boston. I want to see C3 in Boston, so let's get it done!

6. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    THE HILLS ARE ALIVE...WITH THE SOUNDS OF MANDALORIANS... :D

Well, first of all I'd like to thank STRAWBARY for all of her support in the past 6 months. She treated the situation with much care and fairness, I think we can all agree...Second, thanks to the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS for their patience during the same time-frame. I was proud to read some of your thoughts about the group in your latest postings, and it is truly an honor to be among you...

Well here we are, huh? I knew that if we hung in there, we would be rewarded...But, I'd just like to say that before we go too nutty with regards to posting TOPICS, maybe we should keep our messages in this "Welcome" board, just for the time being. If only for the sake of not letting our forum get too cluttered with repetitive subject matter. What do ya think? To be honest guys, I think the setup of this forum should be our priority #1 subject at the next MANDALORIAN meeting, so fire up the converters. Running a Fan Force Forum ain't like dusting crops, boy...

All kidding aside, I'd think we'd all like to "keep our house clean", right? Right. As an example, I do think that we should have one single posting for every monthly meeting, to which all subject matter regarding that meeting can be posted (meet announcement, plans, can't make it, see ya there, ending with a summary of the events at the meeting). I'm PMing Strawbary to find out more about forum resources, so we'll hammer things out eventually (we have plenty of computer savvy cats in the group!). Congradulations, guys...we deserve it...let's treat this forum with the respect it deserves...

7. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Rik,

I agree that we should take time and figure out how we want to use the forum, avoid clutter, and the like. The one forum for monthly meetings is a good idea, since, well, we hold it at the same place and date every month! And I figure that the meeting minutes can be included in that thread too.

One thing remains... Smartgroups... we must confront the issue of Smartgroups...

Seriously, we should decide on what we want to do with that site. Since we have this forum now, it does make Smartgroups kinda redundant huh? I would like to see the Mandalorians weigh in on this issue at the next meeting, just so we can all be on the same page and not have posts here, there, everywhere so to speak.

Good to hear from you Rik, and I'll see you soon!!

8. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Congrats guys!! I knew you could do it ;) I hope to make it up to one of your meetings sometime in the future. Good luck with everything.

Meri

9. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    First off I want to say that this is a happy day. We have been fighting for this for several months and I want to thank strawbary for her time and patience and I also want to give a shout out to Rik and jim because without their hard work this would not be possible. Oh by the way I too signed the petittion to bring C3 to Boston and I hope we get a lot of support for that too. In closing I just want to say that I think this is a major accomplishment for our group and I'm glad that we finally have our own forum. I almost forgot on the subject of smartgroups while I have enjoyed posting on smartgroups I feel that it wouldn't make sense to have both smartgroups and fanforce.

10. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey guys! Congrats again on your forum.

No worries about it looking clutterd ;)
    Just remember to have fun with your forum. Starting a social thread is a fun one most forums have them.

Events/movies/whatever you want to discuss....

Good luck on the meetings. I explained to Rik I couldnt get the first one posted however it will count.
    no worries :)

Most important rule in Fanforce on/off the boards. HAVE FUN! ;) If you guys need anything give me a shout. Am happy to help!

May the force be with you!
    Strawbary

11. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Good luck with the new forum. I'll probably be up for a meet at some point since it will give me a chance to visit my cousin SithapprenticeDJ.

Be sure to behave yourself D.J. :p

12. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey guys...Wassup!?

[b]BARON:[/b] I haven't even been to our Smartgroups Board, yet, so I'm not really an authority on whether one board is better than another, but I (personally) would like to see us use this board primarily. There are a couple reasons for this:

[ul][li][b] Conveniance -[/b] I think that this Forum is more conveniant, because those of us who are registered at [b]theforce.net[/b] already come here pretty regular for STAR WARS updates and info...[/li]

[li][b] Confusion/Inactivity -[/b] If we keep 2 message boards, it could get a little confusing on what's posted where. Plus, it could potentially give the appearance (at FF) of "thinned out" posting activity. Keep in mind also, there will probably be links between our website (once it's finished!) and our message board, and we probably want to keep it relatively simple, both for us and possible new members...[/li][/ul]I know you've worked hard on putting together a message board for the group, and we appreciate all that you've done. Keep in mind, this is only my opinion, and everyone should chime in regarding this subject. As a matter of fact, I'm going to post this subject as an agenda item for our December meet...

[hr]
    [b]SITHAPPRENTICEDJ:[/b] Hey! Why didn't you tell us that there was a "cousin connection" between us an the [b]Boston Rebels[/b]? A City Rep too...friends in high places! And don't worry Ryno...We keep DJ on the straight and narrow...!

[hr]
    Talk to ya soon...
    Rik

13. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm in the same boat as you Rik, I persoanlly think that all messages should be here since, well, we have fought long and hard to get this message board. I personally would suggest to use the Smartgroups forum for storage of files and such (I have put some desktop images there for anyone that would be interested).

For my vote, I would suggest shutting down the Smartgroup site. It served its purpose, and really isn't needed anymore, IMO.

Later peoples!

14. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Baron,

That's a good idea about the storage zone...And I'd be willing to bet that most everyone in the group would like to keep this Forum as our primary message board...

Talk to ya soon...

Rik

15. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Congrats!

It won't be long until you guys are official. Then we can add you to the New England Alliance on the links page of BR.net. :)

16. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey Rik, sorry about the slip up about not mentioning that my cousin was a member of the Boston Rebels. I agree with you and john that this should be the primary message board. TK said the same thing on smartgroups but he also mentioned about having smartgroups as a website on the side plus, he also brought up the message board that jim was trying to put together.

17. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey Rik, sorry about the slip up about not mentioning that my cousin was a member of the Boston Rebels. I agree with you and john that this should be the primary message board. TK said the same thing on smartgroups but he also mentioned about having smartgroups as a message board on the side, plus he also brought up the message board that jim was trying to put together.

18. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    Is it just me or are we getting real good traffic on this forum? Dam, I love this group.

-Cephas

19. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Traffic wise, I'd say we're doing OK, Cephas! It's nice to be welcomed by and get suggestions from members of other groups...

Rik

20. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello everyone!! How goes? I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow night, I believe those of us that are going are going to have a great time. Now as far as having this our full time message broad... I think is a great idea. The only thing that I'm going to miss is that you have to come to the site and check in to see if there are any new message. I like that fact that @ smartgroup they emailed you everyone reply\messages. It was nice to have the messages come to you. It allowed me to check message thur my email, say at work or on my cellphone. I knew when someone wrote something. I dont think you can do that here. But other than that, I believe this is going to be a great place for us. Ok I'll see everyone tomorrow. Hey , just think this is going to count as a meeting so we only need one more. WWOOooooooHHHHhhhhhhoooooo !!
    Seeya !!
    TK

21. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Congrats guys!!! Hope to come visit your group when I visit my brother in Candia sometime.
    MTFBWY....A
    Sereana_Nightstar
    aka-Marie Rankin
    City Rep.
    Tampabay FF chapter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.