main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Welcome

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Deak_Alder, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deak_Alder

Deak_Alder Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2003
    Well if anyone see's this and hasn't already been contacted by BultarSwan here is the deal. She PMed me because she wanted to start a Fan Force for people on the other side of the state from R2-Detroit. I am currently over by the R2-Detroit group now but will be over on that side of the state for school next year.

So here is the deal. We need to find people. If you are from this side of the state and are interested post here so we can get you up to date on what we know. I guess that is all until Swan gets here and adds more. Feel free to PM me or BultarSwan if you have any questions.

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Hi, everyone. I am excited to have an FF closer to home. Hopefully, Deak and I aren't the only ones close by. :D

So please, introduce yourself and let us know that you are interested.

3. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Hiya Swan, I'm still figureing out where everything is in MI. I'm not sure who is closer to me you guys or R2 Detroit, but I'll show my support for you all

4. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Thanks, Kam!! :D :D

I suppose that we will need a name for our FF soon. If anyone at all has any ideas, please post them!!

5. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    I'm here Swan.

Kam, Lapeer is much closer to the Detroit one.

I don't know anything about the Fan Force groups.
    Tell me more.

EDIT: How about "Hoth Beach" refering to the wonderful summers and the awful winters?

My original thought was "Tatooine Beach" but I think Hoth Beach says it better.

We can then bottle beverages called HoBe!

6. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Well Swan your not offically a FF yet. you need to have 3 meetings with atleast 3 people to become a FF, then you elect a CR and choose a name, you can make your own banner and icon if you want also then. I used to be a CR, so if you need any help getting started don't be afraid to ask

7. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    There was actually a Saginaw FF thread that existed for a while, but died out due to lack of participation. It would be mildly closer yet to Flint & Lapeer.

It was initially spearheaded by Vaderbait, and Iwakura was another interested individual. Suddenly things fell apart.

At least I've managed to meet Iwakura at Celebration II, and also to hook up with her for a showing of AOTC at Cinema Hollywood in Birch Run (near Frankenmuth).

8. Deak_Alder

Oct 31, 2003
    I am liking the "Hoth Beach" name. I know that so far we really have nothing except a couple interested peeps but it would be a cool name in my opinon and I think I could make a really cool banner with that type of theme.

9. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Phelps, when I move up there, you me and Robert can start a Lapeer/Flint FF so we don't have to travel so far lol

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Look at all the familiar names. :p

Greetings from New Jersey.

11. Deak_Alder

Oct 31, 2003
    Welcome J_Sat,I don't know how you found us but welcome anyway.

12. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Hi everyone, just stopping by to show my e-face and see what's up. If you don't know, I'm the regional manager for these parts ;) so if you have any questions or need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM.

To give you some background about myself, I finished high school and got my undergrad degree in MI, although on the other side of the state. I now live in Chicago where I'm a lawyer with a passion for sewing costumes and throwing SW themed convention parties.

Good luck with your new club!!!

~H~

13. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    DA...I have my ways. [face_devil]

But I know many of you on this thread.

Ohh yeah...I know that my friend Swan asked if I had any suggestions for a name for you guys...

I thought of one or two:

Grand Admiral Rapids

Grand Imperial Rapids. :p

So I was in a funky mood last night.

14. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Grand Admiral Rapids. Good one, J.Sat.

Similarly, you could use Grand Moff Rapids. :p

Your slogan can be something like, "Where We Make the Kellogg Run in Less Than 12 Tablespoons".

15. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    good Phelps...I like that Slogan

16. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I am proud to announce that I understood Phelps' slogan. :p :p :p 'Tis unique. I'll add it to the list so that when we've gotten through all the technical sticky we can have a poll vote. :D :D :D

17. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I suggest to start planning your first meeting.

18. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    All right. Thanks, J-Sat. :)

Hm....okay, first meeting...how about well, somewhere in Grand Rapids...perhaps downtown?

19. Deak_Alder

Oct 31, 2003
    I am not familiar with Grand Rapids so I don't know where we could meet but it is reccomended that we meet somewhere in public like at a bookstore or something.

20. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Oh absolutely Deak. Never at someone's house or anything like that.

Now, where could it be...

An idea is to have it at the community college. I know they have rooms where the group could meet privately. Although, I'm not sure if it would cost money. I'm going to have to do some research on places to find something cheap enough...

21. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    well...the NJO first met at a Barnes and Noble.

Then after a few months...and things...we started meeting at people's houses.

I only recommend that if you all get along and agree on something like that.

22. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    A Barnes and Noble? Sounds like a good idea. :)

23. Deak_Alder

Oct 31, 2003
    I don't know when we plan on making the first meeting but I will probably be visiting Alma next weekend of the weekend after so if we did it then I could stop over on my way home on Saturday.

24. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    If you could give me the address of Alma college, that would help. I could possibly make it closer to there, or, if you can, tell me the genral route you are taking to get there.

25. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Swan just a reminder, you need 3 at the meeting for it to be offical. you also need to pm DJ and have her post about the meeting on the FF page for it to count.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.